• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Good for the game - even though they do a lot of good for the game

They do a lot for their own egos. If they cared about the game they would be supporting the less advantaged clubs with their taxpayer provided money.

And their good work has done great things for the Waratahs over the years, hasn't it? While they have been winning premierships, the Tahs have been winning nothing. Nothing at all.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If they cared about the game they would be supporting the less advantaged clubs with their taxpayer provided money.

As of today there'll be a little less of the tax payer money.
17 years ago when this game went theoretically professional most of the clubs were run by amateurs. They remained that way but started paying their players.
Administrators who had said to me as a player and coach "this club will pay players over my dead body" remained in place.
Only now are those clubs responding to the realities.
Its not entirely or even mostly their fault. many above the clubs in the rugby heirarchy have been derelict.
Sydney Uni have managed the transition better.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
They do a lot for their own egos. If they cared about the game they would be supporting the less advantaged clubs with their taxpayer provided money.

And their good work has done great things for the Waratahs over the years, hasn't it? While they have been winning premierships, the Tahs have been winning nothing. Nothing at all.

With the greatest of with respect Wamberal (and while no fan if Uni) this issue has been done to death . Inside Shoulder is correct much of the malaise in other clubs is self inflicted . Uni will not have it all their own way this year - leaving aside the Woodies today , Norths, Manly and Souths results look good through the grades and reflect those clubs deciding to match rather than complain about Uni and its alleged unfair advantages.

Agree re the rather too cosy Uni / Tahs connection producing a big fat donut though . Michael Cheika spotted at Manly Oval today - walking the talk.........there's hope

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Disappointing performances by the Two Blues at Coogee Oval today. Randwick had too much energy and outsmarted Parramatta today and I'd be surprised if their coach isn't quite satisfied with they way they went. Well done. I'm looking forward to watching the replay - I'm not sure many Parra people will be able to say the same tonight. I'm also looking forward to Thommo's match report. I suspect the tears will drip from the page.

Great challenge for Coach Christini to get the boys up after this, Manly present as a daunting challenge.

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
With the greatest of with respect Wamberal (and while no fan if Uni) this issue has been done to death . Inside Shoulder is correct much of the malaise in other clubs is self inflicted . Uni will not have it all their own way this year - leaving aside the Woodies today , Norths, Manly and Souths results look good through the grades and reflect those clubs deciding to match rather than complain about Uni and its alleged unfair advantages.

Agree re the rather too cosy Uni / Tahs connection producing a big fat donut though . Michael Cheika spotted at Manly Oval today - walking the talk...there's hope

Agree with you on the clubs issues! But when 10 or more Waratahs come back from Super Rugby duties and slot back into Uni's 1sts, whose going to be able to match them.
I believe the eligibilty rules and /or the dispensations to play finals without games played in rounds should be looked at! Just "loved'seeing Berrick Barnes slot in for the finals, only to devestate opposition teams with his deadly kicking (always so much more accurate at club level).:(

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Disappointing performances by the Two Blues at Coogee Oval today. Randwick had too much energy and outsmarted Parramatta today and I'd be surprised if their coach isn't quite satisfied with they way they went. Well done. I'm looking forward to watching the replay - I'm not sure many Parra people will be able to say the same tonight. I'm also looking forward to Thommo's match report. I suspect the tears will drip from the page.

Great challenge for Coach Christini to get the boys up after this, Manly present as a daunting challenge.

Wasn't looking good for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half for the Wicks. I was sitting there watching Parra score three quick fire tries and thinking to myself. They're going to run in 50 at this rate but well done Wicks with halting their march and stabilizing.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
An entertaining game at Coogee Oval.

There were glimpses of excellence from the Two Blues which were undone by lapses at critical times.

If Coach Glen Christini can get some more consistency and concentration out of the team, the Two Blues will be a handful to most teams this year.

Liked the look of the #15 for Parra - (was that Rawaqa?). He will trouble many defences this year.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

There were glimpses of excellence from the Two Blues which were undone by lapses at critical times.

If Coach Glen Christini can get some more consistency and concentration out of the team, the Two Blues will be a handful to most teams this year.

Liked the look of the #15 for Parra - (was that Rawaqa?). He will trouble many defences this year.

Yes, that was Rawaqa. I agree with what you say, if they can get consistency they'll likely match if not improve their last seasons results.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)

Fair summary HJ.

15 for the Two Blues was Taniela (Dan) Rawaqa - he can play.

The more I think about what happened today the less depressed I am:
disallowed try within the first couple of minutes (to Dan Rawaqa) - can't comment on this as I was poorly positioned to judge whether the pass was forward;
missed penalty from a gimme range by our very consistent number 10 Tom Woods - you won't see that very often;
questionable sin-binning at a key stage - I will have to watch the replay but at the time I was dumbfounded;
three tries (I think) conceded during the sin-binning - disappointing but understandable and almost forgivable !;
limited benefit given to Parra for a dominant scrummaging performance - a couple of penalties at key times may have been telling;
great spirit displayed to come back during the second half;
still missing a couple of key players.

I am still positive about our chances this year. Manly next week will be a challenge! But that's why we play.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)

Yes it was Rawaqa.

I agree, he is a great attaching player and will trouble many , also handy with the boot

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Fair summary HJ.

15 for the Two Blues was Taniela (Dan) Rawaqa - he can play.

The more I think about what happened today the less depressed I am:
disallowed try within the first couple of minutes (to Dan Rawaqa) - can't comment on this as I was poorly positioned to judge whether the pass was forward;
missed penalty from a gimme range by our very consistent number 10 Tom Woods - you won't see that very often;
questionable sin-binning at a key stage - I will have to watch the replay but at the time I was dumbfounded;
three tries (I think) conceded during the sin-binning - disappointing but understandable and almost forgivable !;
limited benefit given to Parra for a dominant scrummaging performance - a couple of penalties at key times may have been telling;
great spirit displayed to come back during the second half;
still missing a couple of key players.

I am still positive about our chances this year. Manly next week will be a challenge! But that's why we play.

I have watched the replay and i am still dumbfounded, was a harsh call.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
I have watched the replay and i am still dumbfounded, was a harsh call.
I never bag refs as a rule, they have a tough job, but the bloke in charge of the Parra Randwick game should hand in his badge. He had no idea what was going on in the scrums, his missing of crucial ruck infringements by green and the diabolical sin binning of Woods were examples of his ineptitude. Mind you he got no help from his assistant refs either. If he watches the game again I hope he learns from it. It is a shame to have a contest unfairly slanted like that.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
What politics? He plays club rugby for Royals... :rolleyes:
Slim, i think you are missing the point. We understand the Brumbies stance, and are forced to accept it. BUT, there are players at the Brumbies that clearly did not come through the ACT nursery and you are claiming them as players of your local comp. I'll find it very hard to believe if those players were provided a choice of club rugby they'd still be playing down there. We are forced to accept Brumbies players having to play down there, maybe you should accept that a number of the Brumbies players were brought up through our nursery.

Status
Not open for further replies.