• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
No, they used to be Norths boys....

The Brumbies can't select the Fainga'a boys (even though they wouldn't want to) this weekend because they're Canberra boys.....

Slim it is a Shute Shield thread not a Super thread, politics are in another thread - I'd like to see the clubs chose their best 15.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's fine, but those players don't play for that club......... it has nothing to do with politics........

They simply no longer play for that club..........

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Dave it was you who initiated a segue from the Shute Shield discussion when you posted a potential 3T Manly team. Therefore it's probably not wise to play Cop when another get's off topic. I still love your work. Maybe you can inform me about the background of the Colts No7 who you have listed as a 20s trialist. I saw Michael Wells during the week and he informed me that the team hadn't been selected as of yet. It will be done by next week.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bruce? just your First XV?
Dave, it's been exactly 20 years since I coached and therefore selected teams. I have known virtually all the Uni players since they started in Colts. I like to think I'm mates with all of them so I'll dodge choosing between them. Let's just say it would be a fairly useful team.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Rats
1 P.Cowan 2 L.Holmes 3 S.Manu 4 H.Pyle 5 J.King 6 B.Robinson 7 B.Killingworth 8 R.Brown 9 B.Sheehan 10 H.Angus 11 D.Feltscheer 12 J.Holmes 13 W.Tupou 14 D.Smouha 15 D.Harvey

sooty

Stan Wickham (3)
After sticking my neck out last week about Parra- i will be true to my word and tip them this week.
last week i recorded 6 out of 6( not that hard really) so here goes for week 2
Parra too strong for Randwick- even at Coogee as its no longer scarry to anyone - apart from the council rangers.
Uni to beat Eastwood- the woodies 0 and 2 after 2 rounds.
Gordon to beat Penrith ( just) but maybe Penrith might sneek some lower grade wins( maybe 4ths 28-0!!!)
Norths to beat the Rats- FGriday night footy- should be more of it- well done to both sides for this.
Souths to beat Easts
Manly to beat Wests.

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
Fair point, guess the experience issue was fairly even and certainly the penalty flow was steady to Randwick.
But I guess it's the old chestnut, if there hadn't been so many interruptions due to penalties whilst on attack Wicks may have scored more tries.
Wicks had 7 players who were regular 1st graders last year, 8 players making their 1st grade debut at the Wicks.

TC - struggling to understand where you got this from?

"Wicks had 7 players who were regular 1st graders last year, 8 players making their 1st grade debut at the Wicks."

Asa, Halangahu, Aho, Taavili, Speechley, Lam, Browne, Ford, Hepetema, Wright, Kotezcky have all played 1st grade.
Paila & Bennett had both played 1st grade, leaving just Boileau & Lautolo to make their 1st grade debuts.

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
The big bloke is really starting to come through, Macca. I was at Colts last week but have a tape of 1st Grade against Parra which I still have to find time to look at, but I saw footage of a few of his runs and I don't think that mobility is going to be a problem. Apparently the 'Tahs are very impressed with him.

Younger brother Cameron played 2nd Colts on Saturday and then came on in 1st Colts. He also has improved dramatically from last season. The Skelton brothers are very dedicated, travelling long distances to train. They never complain and don't shirk the hard work.

Then there is their baby brother who I think is now 14. He looks as if he will be the biggest of the three.

Correct about the Skeltons. Great lads with solid work ethics. They all attended the primary school where I teach with the youngest finishing last year. He left at the end of he year measuring 6'6 in the old system and would have weighed close to 120kgs. He is a bit less of a sportsman compared to Will and Cam, but they both developed their skill at a late age

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Souths:

1. Tetera Faulkner
2. Steve Fualau
3. Tim Metcher
4. Kane Douglas
5. Sitaleki Timani
6. Jed Holloway
7. Jono Hayes
8. Lopeti Timani
9. Grayson Hart
10. Rohan Saifoloi
11. Oleni Ngunguatu
12. Apo Latunipulu
13. Rob Horne
14. Nick Cummins
15. Ben Volavola

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Correct about the Skeltons. Great lads with solid work ethics. They all attended the primary school where I teach with the youngest finishing last year. He left at the end of he year measuring 6'6 in the old system and would have weighed close to 120kgs. He is a bit less of a sportsman compared to Will and Cam, but they both developed their skill at a late age

Jeeesus!!!

He'd be what 13. That's enormous. How big will he be in 5 years.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Uni have an abundance of backs and a possible backline could look something like;

9. L Burgess
10. B Barnes
11. P Betham
12. T Carter
13. M Inman
14. A Mafi
15. I Folau

20. N Phipps
21. B Foley
22. T Kingston

That's being a bit harsh on Foley. He's been very good so far this year for the Tahs. I'd actually start him and sit Barnes on the bench. Uni could probably loan players out and still have plenty left over.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
^^^ and IIRC on another thread, you were extolling the size gene in the Working Class Rugger gene pool! Join us down here in the midget club. The Skelton boys take the crown.

Oh, my family are huge but the Skelton's are just ridiculous. Crazy big. 6'6 and 120kg at 12, that's freakish. Could you imagine if you could harness all that size and strength into good footballers in the Tahs pack. Figure out how to get them worked up and they'd tear packs apart. Whether that ever happens is another thing.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Thanks to Bruce & Prodigy for the feedback. Will should make a few Super 15 forwards take notice now given the progress that he has made. I dont recall ever seeing a bigger player.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
sooty sure as s*** this game is going on tomorrow! I've actually had selection headaches this week. Some good players are going to have to spend some time on the bench as a result of being out trained during the week.

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
Uni have an abundance of backs and a possible backline could look something like;

9. L Burgess
10. B Barnes
11. P Betham
12. T Carter
13. M Inman
14. A Mafi
15. I Folau

20. N Phipps
21. B Foley
22. T Kingston

Frightening. Not to mention a forward pack like this

1 J.Tilse