• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
The big bloke is really starting to come through, Macca. I was at Colts last week but have a tape of 1st Grade against Parra which I still have to find time to look at, but I saw footage of a few of his runs and I don't think that mobility is going to be a problem. Apparently the 'Tahs are very impressed with him.

Younger brother Cameron played 2nd Colts on Saturday and then came on in 1st Colts. He also has improved dramatically from last season. The Skelton brothers are very dedicated, travelling long distances to train. They never complain and don't shirk the hard work.

Then there is their baby brother who I think is now 14. He looks as if he will be the biggest of the three.

That's good to hear. Especially about the dedication. Coming up as a youngster there were quite a few PI man-child's running around (the Skelton's would probably be among the largest I've seen) but the biggest issue was always always their levels of commitment and dedication to training. The fact they are willing to put in the hard yards demonstrates excellent attitudes all round. They are giving themselves the best possible chances of making it. I wonder if the Tahs are watching Will's two younger brother especially as they appear to be getting bigger and bigger.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I wish them better luck than playing for the Tahs
Don't lose faith, IS. There will come a time - I should live so long - when there will be people in charge at Driver Avenue who no longer adhere to the headless chook system of management, and as a consequence the 'Tahs begin to take advantage of the huge pool of potential talent on their doorstep.

The blindingly obvious policy for our team to adopt is to recruit only from those players who have been developed in New South Wales. Short term it might require a degree of courage but the payoff longer term in developing tribalism and local pride will more than offset that.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Don't lose faith, IS. There will come a time - I should live so long - when there will be people in charge at Driver Avenue who no longer adhere to the headless chook system of management, and as a consequence the 'Tahs begin to take advantage of the huge pool of potential talent on their doorstep.

The blindingly obvious policy for our team to adopt is to recruit only from those players who have been developed in New South Wales. Short term it might require a degree of courage but the payoff longer term in developing tribalism and local pride will more than offset that.
Bruce, your faith is astounding.
I'm betting you've been following the Tah's trials longer than me.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bruce, your faith is astounding.
I'm betting you've been following the Tah's trials longer than me.
What helps me to keep the faith, IS, is that instead of metaphorically slashing my wrists at the abysmal state of Australian rugby I get malicious pleasure out of mercilessly bagging those responsible for the mess we find ourselves in.

I'll probably get bored when we start to get things right. That day will come; although I occasionally find myself intoning a few bars of a hymn recalled from my pious childhood years: "How long, Lord Jesus, how long, how long . . . "

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
With various Waratahs slipping on their club jersey this week, at full strength how would your club look in a 3T comp that runs after the Shute / Super comp. Players currently playing in Aust.

1. Eddie Aholelei 2. J Hilterbrand 3. T Fairbrother, 4. C Neville, 5. G Peterson, 6. George Smith, 7. Michael Hooper, 8. Wycliff Palu. 9. M Lucas, 10. S Lane, 11. R Hooper, 12. Gilmnore / Hingano, 13. B Sefanaia, 14. Will Hellu, 15. BJ Hartman.

Instead we let players slip overseas.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
With various Waratahs slipping on their club jersey this week, at full strength how would your club look in a 3T comp that runs after the Shute / Super comp. Players currently playing in Aust.

1. Eddie Aholelei 2. J Hilterbrand 3. T Fairbrother, 4. C Neville, 5. G Peterson, 6. George Smith, 7. Michael Hooper, 8. Wycliff Palu. 9. M Lucas, 10. S Lane, 11. R Hooper, 12. Gilmnore / Hingano, 13. B Sefanaia, 14. Will Hellu, 15. BJ Hartman.

Unless we can come up with a way of providing similar levels of remunerations to players that are on offer overseas I really don't think it's a matter of 'letting' player's slip.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Unless we can come up with a way of providing similar levels of remunerations to players that are on offer overseas I really don't think it's a matter of 'letting' player's slip.

Don't spoil the fun, lets see what teams can be put on the paddock.

Maybe there could be a Japanese Rep side in the comp given our seasons don't overlap and they can pour in heaps of Yen - great way to prepare the Blossums for the 2019 WC. They love investing in our real estate and players already. But thats another topic.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)

I'd have Gower in ahead of Peterson who still plays average and doesn't use his size effectively at all.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Don't spoil the fun, lets see what teams can be put on the paddock.

Maybe there could be a Japanese Rep side in the comp given our seasons don't overlap and they can pour in heaps of Yen - great way to prepare the Blossums for the 2019 WC. They love investing in our real estate and players already. But thats another topic.

I'd love to see a club Championship of sorts after Super Rugby. I reckon, top 4 Shute Shield, Top 3 Brisbane and Premier ACT to start. Anyway, as you say, it's another topic.

Baxxter

Frank Row (1)

I like this game. I'll try to get a squad of 30.

Northern Suburbs: 1. S. Sio 2. B. Whittaker 3. C. Ah Nau 4. C. Thompson 5. R. Walton 6. B Matwijow 7. AJ Gilbert 8. J. Smiler 9. L. Walker 10. Z. Holmes 11. C Brown 12. C. Tuatara-Morrison 13. A. Ashley-Cooper 14. C. Clarke 15. C. Crawford

16. N. Curtis 17. S. Podmore 18. N. Lah 19. J. Parahi 20. M. White 21. S. Figg 22. W. Miller 23. P. Sio
24. T. Duschene 25. S. Daruda 26. P. Schuster 27. L. Porteous 28. B. Meakes 29. L. Windon 30. S. Norton-Knight

Obviously, there's 3 Brumbies boys in here, and a bunch of Sevens players, plus AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Not sure if they would be available for a hypothetical national club comp, but we can hope. We've got a bunch of National Academy lads that can be added to this as well.

Be interesting to see the Uni As, Bs and Cs...

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

Northern Suburbs: 1. S. Sio 2. B. Whittaker 3. C. Ah Nau 4. C. Thompson 5. R. Walton 6. B Matwijow 7. AJ Gilbert 8. J. Smiler 9. L. Walker 10. Z. Holmes 11. C Brown 12. C. Tuatara-Morrison 13. A. Ashley-Cooper 14. C. Clarke 15. C. Crawford

Obviously, there's 3 Brumbies boys in here, and a bunch of Sevens players, plus AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Not sure if they would be available for a hypothetical national club comp, but we can hope. We've got a bunch of National Academy lads that can be added to this as well.

Be interesting to see the Uni As, Bs and Cs.

Bruce? just your First XV?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

16. N. Curtis 17. S. Podmore 18. N. Lah 19. J. Parahi 20. M. White 21. S. Figg 22. W. Miller 23. P. Sio
24. T. Duschene 25. S. Daruda 26. P. Schuster 27. L. Porteous 28. B. Meakes 29. L. Windon 30. S. Norton-Knight

Be interesting to see the Uni As, Bs and Cs.

Scott Sio (Tuggeranong), Jordan Smiler (Easts), and Zack Holmes (Tuggeranong) don't play for Northern suburbs.........

Status
Not open for further replies.