• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I have to agree with 'The Coach', i thought Wests were gone with twenty to go but then the opportunist try from the lineout by Number 8 ( i thought it was 4 but my eyesight is not the best and has never been the same as a refs) This gave Wests a sniff and they poured on the pressure to eventually win on the bell.
'In front of the kicker' was let go all day as was alot of skullduggery at the breakdowns.
I reckon the smaller prop, Asa, from wicks is faster than most wingers and much harder to stop at pace.
Fair enough.
However , the way I saw it was that the heavy penalty count against West Harbour for about the first hour of the game allowed the Wicks to stay on the front foot.
For whatever reason ,perhaps because West Harbour woke up to the fact that they were throwing away any chance of winning or perhaps the referee took pity on them ,
the penalty flow to Randwick pretty much evened up with about 20 minutes to go.
I don't think you can say that Randwick eased up because of inexperience , because on looking at the programme today , I see that West Harbour were just as inexperienced with only 5 players
from last years first grade side in their team, & in fact they had 7 new players who were playing their first game for the club in any grade.
Anyway , no matter how we all saw the game I found it pretty entertaining & it was great to see both teams throwing the ball around .

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
1st grade player points for round 1 (cap = 100 points):
Wests = 38
Randwick = 28
Warringah = 35
Penrith = 10
Easts = 24
Norths = 30
Eastwood = 60
Souths = 61
Parra = 21
Uni = 30
Gordon = 21
Manly = 55
Doesn't look like any of the clubs are going to have a problem staying under the cap while the S15 players are unavailable.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Fair enough.
However , the way I saw it was that the heavy penalty count against West Harbour for about the first hour of the game allowed the Wicks to stay on the front foot.
For whatever reason ,perhaps because West Harbour woke up to the fact that they were throwing away any chance of winning or perhaps the referee took pity on them ,
the penalty flow to Randwick pretty much evened up with about 20 minutes to go.
I don't think you can say that Randwick eased up because of inexperience , because on looking at the programme today , I see that West Harbour were just as inexperienced with only 5 players
from last years first grade side in their team, & in fact they had 7 new players who were playing their first game for the club in any grade.
Anyway , no matter how we all saw the game I found it pretty entertaining & it was great to see both teams throwing the ball around .

Fair point, guess the experience issue was fairly even and certainly the penalty flow was steady to Randwick.
But I guess it's the old chestnut, if there hadn't been so many interruptions due to penalties whilst on attack Wicks may have scored more tries.
Wicks had 7 players who were regular 1st graders last year, 8 players making their 1st grade debut at the Wicks.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
For those following I've got 25 players lined up for the game against Penrith at Nepean Rugby Park on Saturday. stoked. We had a cracking session last night. Looks like we will be the Multicultural side of Gordon. Players from New Zealand, Brazil, Argentina, France, Fiji, Samoa, Scotland - and a couple of token Aussies.

DTS

Stan Wickham (3)
For those following I've got 25 players lined up for the game against Penrith at Nepean Rugby Park on Saturday. stoked. We had a cracking session last night. Looks like we will be the Multicultural side of Gordon. Players from New Zealand, Brazil, Argentina, France, Fiji, Samoa, Scotland - and a couple of token Aussies.

Good work Gibbo, great to see. Hope you have a few translators on board. is that 25 across 3s and 4s?

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
We have an English only policy ;) that way we make sure the guys are learning as well. If they are talking in their own language - its push-ups - If I don't explain the play well enough to them in simple English (plus a few swear words) its Push up for me.

It's 25 just for 4s. 3's have a full squad.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)

Let's get back to the days of an unofficial 5th grade! Brings more canteen profit and more blokes to have beers after the game creates a better culture!

Am I dreaming!?

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
AussieDominance I agree it would be great. I was having a conversation with RG (3s coach) they other day discussing the time when they had selection dilemmas in 5th grade because of too many players.

Let's get 4s and Colts humming along before we start thinking about a 5th grade - Small steps

There were about 25-30 Colts there last night at training - Not enough for 2 teams just yet - but getting there.

Reactions: Tim

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Let's get back to the days of an unofficial 5th grade! Brings more canteen profit and more blokes to have beers after the game creates a better culture!

Am I dreaming!?

Not at all - there will be quite a few games of 5ths this year . I believe Manly and Norths 5's are going around this weekend. Can drink a lot of beer and eat a lot of pies after a 9:30am kick off!

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Northern Suburbs v Warringah @ North Sydney Oval (7.30pm, Friday April 12)

Northern Suburbs: 1 Nic Curtis, 2 Will Weeks, 3 Cruz Ah Nau, 4 Matt White, 5 Michael O’Hea, 6 Ben Matwijow, 7 AJ Gilbert (captain), 8 Hugh Sinclair, 9 Liam Walker, 10 Scott Daruda, 11 Corey Brown, 12 Lachlan Porteous, 13 Bill Meakes, 14 Liam Windon, 15 Cam Crawford

Warringah: 1 Ben Ryan, 2 Robert Kelly, 3 Wayne Borsak, 4 Vincent Wright, 5 Ben Adams, 6 Sam Ward, 7 Mark Porpiglia, 8 Boyd Killingworth, 9 Joshua Holmes (captain), 10 David Harvey, 11 Michael Dalton, 12 Nathan Daly, 13 Dylan Smouha, 14 Conrad Gillingham, 15 David Feltscheer
Referee: Jamie McGregor

Randwick v Parramatta @ Coogee Oval (ABC TV game, kick off 3pm, Saturday April 13)

Randwick: 1 Faitotoa Asa, 2 Nio Halangahu, 3 Richard Aho, 4 Junior Taavili, 5 Bryce Speechley, 6 Tom Bennet, 7 Seilala Lam (captain), 8 Nathan Paella, 9 Harrison Boileau, 10 Toby Browne, 11 Ethan Ford, 12 Terrance Hepetema, 13 Tim Wright, 14 Sam Latu, 15 Mark Kotezcky

Parramatta: 1 Nick Blacklock, 2 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 3 Chris Seuteni, 4 Charlie Leaeno, 5 Evan Olmstead, 6 Andrew Cox (captain), 7 Rodney Ma’a, 8 Josh Kaifa, 9 Solomona Silipa, 10 Tom Woods, 11 Dan Yakopo, 12 Damien Fakafanua, 13 Iese Leota, 14 Tui Fa’asisila, 15 Moses Tavola
Referee: Edward Martin

Penrith v Gordon @ Nepean Rugby Park (3pm)

Penrith: 1 Peter Niumata (captain), 2 Ethan Robinson-Mate, 3 Sione Matangi, 4 Tyrone Emelio, 5 Willie Tooala, 6 Sione Pusiaki Fifita, 7 Owen Crozier, 8 Leo Burgess, 9 Paula Katoa, 10 Sia'a Taveuveu, 11 Kome Leoliifano, 12 Henry Lilomaiava, 13 Paueli Halafihi, 14 John Maumau, 15 James Umu

Gordon: 1 Tobias Gukibau, 2 Ron Hobden (captain), 3 Willy Maumalanga, 4 Lex Fairley, 5 Seb Murphy, 6 Lex Fairley, 7 Gordon Broome, 8 Luke Rissman, 9 Terry Preston, 10 Mitch Walton, 11 Vesi Tokalaulevu, 12 Tom Matthews, 13 Lucas Simkin, 14 Michael Manners, 15 Will Shirvington
Referee: Nathan Pearce

Southern Districts v Eastern Suburbs @ Forshaw Rugby Park (3pm)

Southern Districts: 1 Duncan Chubb, 2 Andrew Sulter, 3 Tim Metcher, 4 Andrew Leota, 5 Jed Holloway, 6 Mick Kauter, 7 Jono Hayes (captain), 8 Lopeti Timani, 9 Grayson Hart, 10 Rohan Saifoloi, 11 Alex Gibbon, 12 Apo Latunipulu, 13 Denny Godinet, 14 Oleni Ngunguatu, 15 Ben Volavola

Eastern Suburbs: 1 Sione Kolo, 2 Alex Walker (captain), 3 Rob McMicken, 4 Keliti Vaingalo, 5 Richard Stanford, 6 James Graham, 7 Ryan Hodson, 8 Andrew Shaw, 9 Luke Irwin, 10 Henry Hudson, 11 Charlie Clifton, 12 Tom Azar, 13 Mark Murray, 14 Anton Lavin, 15 Angus Sinclair
Referee: Anthony Moyes

Sydney University v Eastwood @ University Oval 1. (3pm)

Sydney University: 1 Jeremy Tilse, 2 Matthew Mafi, 3 Sam Talakai, 4 Oliver Atkins, 5 Will Skelton, 6 Liam Winton, 7 Benn Melrose, 8 Tim Davidson (captain), 9 Jake Gordon, 10 Daniel Kelly, 11 Tom Kingston, 12 Tom Carter, 13 Michael Hodge, 14 Fetuli Talanoa, 15 Nathan Trist

Eastwood: 1 Marty Plokstys, 2 Todd Pearce, 3 Dylan Brass, 4 Steve Cummins, 5 Mitch Lees, 6 Sione Tau, 7 Hugh Perrett (captain), 8 Jared Barry, 9 Shanin Proctor, 10 Jimmy Hilgendorf, 11 Nick Batger, 12 Tyler Spitz, 13 Michael McDougall, 14 Nick Reily, 15 Ben Batger
Referee: Matt O'Brien

Manly v West Harbour @ Manly Oval (3pm)

Manly: 1 Eddie Aholelei, 2 Andrew Collins, 3 Tim Fairbrother, 4 Ed Gower (captain), 5 Dylan Sigg, 6 Harry Bergelin, 7 Kotoni Ale, 8 Andrew Davis, 9 Matt Lucas, 10 BJ Hartmann, 11 Richard Hooper, 12 Peter Gilmore, 13 Brian Sefanaia, 14 Will Helu, 15 Jacob Woodhouse

West Harbour: 1 Aisea Namoa, 2 Murray Scoles, 3 Vaughan Lomax, 4 Tom Patterson, 5 Bradford Kapa, 6 Jono Midghall, 7 Cohen Masson, 8 Tom Games (captain), 9 David Osofua, 10 Shaun Treweek, 11 Tito Mua, 12 Winston Wilson, 13 Alofa Alofa, 14 Macquire Tatola, 15 Dylan Taikato-Simpson

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
The Uni vs. Eastwood clash should be something special. I have it on good authority that Uni fielded a 900kg+ pack last week. Now with Jeremy Tilse replacing Aldy King the pack weight is further elevated..

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
The Uni vs. Eastwood clash should be something special. I have it on good authority that Uni fielded a 900kg+ pack last week. Now with Jeremy Tilse replacing Aldy King the pack weight is further elevated..
I like the look of the Parramatta team, especially the new hooker and Coleman and Rawaqa off the bench.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Bruce - agree - that will be a great game - was wondering how Will Skelton is progressing. I thought that he might struggle with mobility especially playing at the pace of first grade.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bruce - agree - that will be a great game - was wondering how Will Skelton is progressing. I thought that he might struggle with mobility especially playing at the pace of first grade.
The big bloke is really starting to come through, Macca. I was at Colts last week but have a tape of 1st Grade against Parra which I still have to find time to look at, but I saw footage of a few of his runs and I don't think that mobility is going to be a problem. Apparently the 'Tahs are very impressed with him.

Younger brother Cameron played 2nd Colts on Saturday and then came on in 1st Colts. He also has improved dramatically from last season. The Skelton brothers are very dedicated, travelling long distances to train. They never complain and don't shirk the hard work.

Then there is their baby brother who I think is now 14. He looks as if he will be the biggest of the three.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
The big bloke is really starting to come through, Macca. I was at Colts last week but have a tape of 1st Grade against Parra which I still have to find time to look at, but I saw footage of a few of his runs and I don't think that mobility is going to be a problem. Apparently the 'Tahs are very impressed with him.

Younger brother Cameron played 2nd Colts on Saturday and then came on in 1st Colts. He also has improved dramatically from last season. The Skelton brothers are very dedicated, travelling long distances to train. They never complain and don't shirk the hard work.

Then there is their baby brother who I think is now 14. He looks as if he will be the biggest of the three.
Poor Mrs Skelton!

Status
Not open for further replies.