• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

strapping

Stan Wickham (3)
Brumbies didnt tour due to a poor season on the field sponsors and club officials decided they didn't want to put the money up, unlike force and rebels who were paid to tour (force i believe joint by aru and samoan rugby and force by englands rugby body and they also received all gate takings by the clubs they were playing.) Brumbies weren't offered this. That is just what i have heard.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I noted on our semi-annual visit to watch the mighty Woods play last weekend that the Sydney competition should now be referred to as "Sydney Premier Rugby". Apparently.

Meanwhile, in other breaking news, the grand final of "Sydney Premier Rugby" will be held at that s**theap Concord Oval this year.

Playing at a better venue would be one step in improving the status of this competition, surely?

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
What's Happening with Gordon?

Can people tell me what the problem(s) are at Gordon. Went to see them play early in the season and they had a few good wins. THey seem to have collapsed over recent times and I note they forfeited 4th Grade to Uni on Saturday!
For a once proud Club that is a disgrace- what are their plans for next season?
I sense a further exodus of players- for an area that is so strong in Junior Rugby(refer this years Under Age Championships) there appears to be a major problem.

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Meanwhile, in other breaking news, the grand final of "Sydney Premier Rugby" will be held at that s**theap Concord Oval this year.

Playing at a better venue would be one step in improving the status of this competition, surely?

What do you find so appalling at Concord? (Apart from the 3rd grade choir)

yellow card

Peter Burge (5)

Can people tell me what the problem(s) are at Gordon. Went to see them play early in the season and they had a few good wins. THey seem to have collapsed over recent times and I note they forfeited 4th Grade to Uni on Saturday!
For a once proud Club that is a disgrace- what are their plans for next season?
I sense a further exodus of players- for an area that is so strong in Junior Rugby(refer this years Under Age Championships) there appears to be a major problem.

They have been hit by injury (Marsh,Church, Fairley only just back) Johnson, Berryman Mansfield,Penni all gone overseas, and not one super 15th player to come back to the club doesnt help, but insaying that it is a club rebulding and with the core of up and coming players it has, it will come good in a year or two, with the likes of Fairlkey who has really step up this year, Greenway who has been outsanding all year, Marsh, Church and Gukibau (c) are a great front row, Tome a raw lock but gets better with each game and of coarse Harvey (not sure if he will be there next year) Tom Mathews, and Tommy Hill, all young and learning whats its like to play 22 weeks of 1st grade. I agree the club needs to look at strengthing all grades and they have a big job in front of them. if you are a Gordon supporter get down to the games and support them, and sprend the word, it is still a great club.

M

mackaboi

from last week's game between Eastwood and Eastern Suburbs, Eastwood played quite poorly at times and made plenty of errors and if it wasn't for that coul've racked up possibly 3 or 4 more tries. They were still able to easily beat Easts which shows their dominance even when they're playing averagely. I would love to see a game with the current Eastwood and Sydney Uni sides it would be a cracker of a game. Eastwood easily deserve this year's title

W

waves

Interesting to see Bob Dwyer at Randwick training tonight. Took time to speak to all grades...

Big game this weekend for the Wicks rumour has the return of Ben Mowen, Drew Mitchell and Seilala Lam should be interesting whether Giteau, Barnes and Vickerman play this weekend if they get selected for World Cup, Also when is the Barbarians game ?

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Isn't that the point? It's not the SFS or ANZ but it's not a suburban oval either. The playing surface is generally pretty good, and it never goes fromelles on you in rain. It could definitely do with some upkeep and more funds but otherwise it's good.

strapping

Stan Wickham (3)
the only issue i have with concord is when wests make a grandfinal, otherwise its great to play on just as good to watch lots of seating plenty of toilets. only slight issue is parking.

strapping

Stan Wickham (3)
yes but for what it is its a suitable stadium... at least the grandstand is half full whats the point of going to sfs and have one fourth of the stadium full waste of money.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Big game this weekend for the Wicks rumour has the return of Ben Mowen, Drew Mitchell and Seilala Lam should be interesting whether Giteau, Barnes and Vickerman play this weekend if they get selected for World Cup, Also when is the Barbarians game ?

lala lam was at training, but was strapped pretty heavily and didnt really participate.
Word on the street is that Mitchell was going to play. You would think giteau etc would all want to play!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
yes but for what it is its a suitable stadium... at least the grandstand is half full whats the point of going to sfs and have one fourth of the stadium full waste of money.

If the grand final is properly promoted, it should draw a much bigger crowd at the SFS than it would at Concord. Plus, a game televised from the SFS looks a helluva lot better on the box than one televised from Concord - which looks like Death Valley.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
art-matt_giteau-420x0.jpg

I wonder if he'll play for Randwick this weekend...
Just tweeted 'Thank u ballboys, thank u linesman! That's it'

Status
Not open for further replies.