• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Simply that they put out their best AVAILABLE team .
They had a horrific injury toll , & had 5 players unavailable due to Super team & rep team commitments .I understand that they lost players even on the morning of the game according to their G.M.
Wests even lost 3 & 4 grade even though they are well ahead of Eastwood in those grades .
All teams suffer loss of players due to injury , & commitments due to Super 14 teams , rep sides etc . particularly at this time of the year .Wests injury toll currently is exceptionally high I believe & in a club
without the depth of a club such as Uni. , this is going to produce terrible results.
I can't believe you're implying the possibility of some underhand explanation .

T

T.Rugby

There is often a bit of bullshit about a new player at a club, both from the player and the coach, but everything mentioned in the article is spot on IMO.

He's a very aggressive player and plays in the 2nd row in the Shute Shield but can play 6 and is probably quick enough to play there in England. I have recommended him on the Brumbies thread as a likely recruit because they lack aggression in the second row. He's only 194cms at which some might turn their noses up, for a lock, but there's not a lot of neck in that height and who knows how long his reach is anyway?

I'm sad to see him leave the country as physical, old-fashioned, tough, hard-head forwards are in short supply in Oz.

I remember him when I was at Knox, he was very handy in the lineout despite being quite short for a lock, In a way reminds me of the brad thorn type. From what I read on the BBC he is only going for 1 year... This could be similar to what his brother did when his brother finished school and played for Bedford blues (england division 1) for a year or 2. He came back, played in the ARC and got a contract with the brumbies.

strapping

Stan Wickham (3)
What could wests possibly gain from fixing a match that has no importance on competition results they we're even close to being gambling favorites and the amount of coaches this range of selection would have gone through this statement is pretty ordinary wests are down the bottom of second grade also they clearly just have negative depth

W

waves

Gents lets put this match fixing talk behind us, Anyone have lineups for this weekends fixtures yet another week the NSWRU Shute Shield website has not posted team lineups mid week ?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow some of you took the match fixing comment pretty literally, it was half-hearted.. Yes very odd the line-ups aren't out yet waves, can't say it's a common occurrence, they're usually good with these things.

Prodigy

Ron Walden (29)
I always get my team news from rugbynews.org - it seems to update more regularly.
Sydney University: 1. Jeremy Tilse, 2. Sam Roberson, 3. Paddy Ryan; 4. Dean Mumm, 5. Sam Carter; 6. Trent Dyer, 7. Jono Jenkins, 8. Phil Waugh [c]; 9. Matt Schwager [c], 10. Daniel Halangahu; 11. Michael Hodge, 12. Tom Carter, 13. Tom Kingston, 14. Nathan Trist; 15. Bernard Foley.
Manly: 1. Dane Maraki, 2. Anthony Hegarty, 3. Eddie Aholelei; 4. Ed Gower, 5. Caderyn Neville; 6. Kotoni Ale, 7. Michael Hooper, 8. Dylan Sigg; 9. Chris Cottee, 10. Ben Seymour; 11. Richard Hooper, 12. Joe Christie, 13. Andrew Smith, 14. Jacob Woodhouse; 15. BJ Hartmann.

Penrith: 1. Dave Coventry, 2. Whetu Barber, 3. Richard Aho; 4. Tarone Emelio, 5. David Reopama; 6. Murray Iti, 7. Dale Shane, 8. Kornelio Burgess; 9. Paula Katoa, 10. Haydn Woftsbauer; 11. Nick Thomson, 12. Mark Murray, 13. Lachlan Porteous, 14. Henry Lilomaiaua; 15. Atelea Okati.
Eastwood: 1. Marty Plokstys, 2. Damien Fitzpatrick, 3. Barry Fa’amuasili; 4. Mitch Lees, 5. Jared Barry; 6. Hugh Perrett [c], 7. Chris Alcock, 8. Gareth Palamo; 9. Nic White, 10. Pierre Hola; 11. Mark Frost, 12. Sione Piukala, 13. Luke Brecht, 14. John Grant; 15. Ben Batger.

Northern Suburbs: 1. Scott Sio, 2. Scott Podmore, 3. Al Baxter [c]; 4. Ben Matwijow, 5. Seti Tafua; 6. Jordan Smiler, 7. AJ Gilbert, 8. Rory Walton; 9. Steve Evans, 10. Zack Holmes; 11. Lachlan Rosengreen, 12. Ben Murray, 13. Bill Meakes, 14. Blake Murray; 15. Cam Crawford.
Parramatta: 1.Sione Tula, 2. Ben Hewitson, 3. Lamarn Ma’a; 4. Ryan Aniseko, 5. Josh Kron; 6. Andrew Cox, 7. Nick Boland, 8. Maile Latekefu; 9. Kaleb Rech, 10. Ioane Sefo; 11. Iese Leota, 12. Alfred Paea, 13. Damien Fakafanua, 14. Tyler Stevens; 15. Tom Woods.

Southern Districts: 1. Tetera Faulkner, 2. Nick Seymour, 3. Duncan Chubb; 4. Andrew Rossiter, 5. Kane Douglas; 6. Lopeti Timani, 7. Sean Doyle, 8. Ita Vaea; 9. Grayson Hart, 10. Rohan Saifolio; 11. Denan Kemp, 12. Charlie Vatubua, 13. Apo Latunipulu, 14. Nicky Price; 15. Brackin Karauria- Henry.
Warringah: 1. Dan Banard, 2. David Mason, 3. Salesi Manu; 4. Tristan Stanley, 5. Mitchell Longrigg; 6. Boyd Killingworth, 7. Mark Porpiglia, 8. Sam Ward; 9. Scott Bradley, 10. Hamish Angus; 11. Michael Dalton, 12. Phil Cook, 13. Edward Doyle, 14. Dave Feltscheer; 15. Hugh Campbell.

Randwick: 1. Maraki Toa, 2. Atonio Halangahu, 3. Steven Noriega; 4. Geoff Ingram, 5. Ben Mowen; 6. Tim Maxwell, 7. Tim McGann [c], 8. Al McFarland; 9. Josh Valentine, 10. Toby Browne; 11. Tom Joseph, 12. Bevu Tuqiri, 13. Finau Makamaka, 14. Ethan Ford; 15. Shaun Foley.
Gordon: 1. James Atwill, 2. Tobias Gukibau [c], 3. Mike Cunneen; 4. Evan Olmstead, 5. David Tome; 6. Bas Murphy, 7. Mitch Greenway, 8. Lex Fairley; 9. Terry Preston, 10. Josh Keil; 11. Conrad Gillingham, 12. Tom Hill, 13. Tom Matthews, 14. Eric Maroni; 15. Dave Harvey.

West Harbour: 1. Todd Pearce, 2. Reg de Jager, 3. Vaughan Lomax; 4. Tom Hikila, 5. Scott Stevens; 6. Tom Games, 7. Rob Hahn, 8. Isaiah Pine [c]; 9. Shannin Proctor, 10. Dave Paurini; 11. Joe Tuvitu, 12. Tyler Spitz, 13. Nua Alone, 14. Tito Mua; 15. Liam Windon.
Eastern Suburbs: 1. Ofa Fainga’anuku, 2. Sam Zlatevski, 3. Rob McMickan; 4. Matt McGann, 5. Ross Hamilton; 6. Jordan Brown, 7. Andrew Shaw, 8. Pauliasi Taumoepeau [c]; 9. Brendan McKibbin, 10. Angus Sinclair; 11. Ratu Ma’afu, 12. Afusipa Taumoepeau, 13. Anton Lavin, 14. Damon Anderson; 15. Eddie Paea.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Manly just scored. If Hickey hadn't tried to hit Ale then he would have cleaned Cottee up. Fuck I wish Seymour could kick.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
How was that not crossing, Uni do not nead a leg up. And what the fuck is happening with the referee in regards to saying advantage over when it is Penalty Advantage?

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
TC looks to have a pretty big turn of speed happening today, maybe the layoff did him well? Don't know about those boots though.

strapping

Stan Wickham (3)
killingworth is back in top grade for rats has he been playing 4th grade before this return cause from memory there was a killingworth in 4th grade a while back i thought he might have had capped minutes or so. Anyone no how he played, i heard he also started in the aus u/19s game

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
What has happened to Gordon this year???
Scores vs Randwick

1st Grade lost 56-40

2nd Grade lost 61-22

3rd Grade lost 71-5

4th Grade lost 38-17

They are scores more aligned with Penrith and Parra, rather than Gordon....

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Can someone remind me about semi final eligilibility. I was under the impression you had to play 3 out of the last 5. Surely players taken on tour or currently injured would be exempt from this. I woul like to see Manly be able to introduce Owen, Taione, Jones, Metuisela, Ripia, Coleman and Sefenaia at halftime to match the Uni half time substitutions.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What has happened to Gordon this year???
Scores vs Randwick

1st Grade lost 56-40

2nd Grade lost 61-22

3rd Grade lost 71-5

4th Grade lost 38-17

They are scores more aligned with Penrith and Parra, rather than Gordon....

Ever since I changed accounting firms and stopped doing their tax and FBT they've fallen apart. True story.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
As an Eastern Suburbs supporter, I think it is complete horseshit that we are going to finish fourth and most likely play a semi final against fifth placed Randwick at Coogee Oval.

The whole neutral ground thing only works if the ground is neutral.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
As an Eastern Suburbs supporter, I think it is complete horseshit that we are going to finish fourth and most likely play a semi final against fifth placed Randwick at Coogee Oval.

The whole neutral ground thing only works if the ground is neutral.

yeh that sux.
i heard last year that NSWRU rotate the semi's to the clubs that apply to host them???

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Nathan Charles to Gloucester on a short term contract. I hope he does well. Also Jeremy Sua made the Samoan World Cup squad. I have been following this guy since his CHS days. Good luck to him, another example of a player overlooked by Australian S15 coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.