• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
Updates on the Woods / Beasts encounter would be greatly appreciated by those of us who dwell in outer darkness.

At half time 22 t0 13 to Eastwood. Three tries to one. Eastwood roared away to a good start, and then Easts started making a comeback. Helped in part by the penalty count 7 to 2 in their favour.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Thanks for that. It sounded for a while as though Eastwood were making heavy weather of it - Woollahra has not been a happy hunting ground over the years.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
And Eastwood are minor premiers, for the second year in a row. Good to see a genuine grassroots club having some success.

K

Keithy

A grassroots club that has bought their fare share of players from other clubs.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Southern Districts beat Randwick 37-22 (I think) at Forshaw. They we playing for their season and did their fans proud.

I went there to see Rob Horne for the 2nd week in a row and he's getting back to his best. He had a top 1st half - made a break to score a try and was charging on for another one but his pass to his support was forward. On defence he was everywhere getting off the ground lickety-split to make a 2nd, or later for a 3rd. He was quieter in the second but that was his 3rd game back and it would have been his best one.

BKH at fullback was back to his best and scrummie Hart, who I panned last week, had a top game.

For Randwick Giteau played well but I thought fullback Sean Foley was a standout in a good all round game.

The star though was 8. Vaea of Southerns. I wondered how he gets his power on the run but when he came off once (for a yellow card) I had a look at him. I don't usually stare at guys' arses but his shorts looked like they had a couple of bowling balls underneath them at the back. He got his card for an over-enthusiastic lifting tackle but he might have got another one for throwing a leg into a tackler.

Good to see a player with a bit of attitude though. Lopeti T came on for the last 25 minutes so the Wicks had these guys running at them and they were hard to stop.

Spoke to Kane Douglas at the game. He's back next week.

S

sydneyclubrugbyfan

just looked at the team lists on ABC TV, what is the story with Easts? They seem to have had 3 different teams this season? I would like to know what the recruiting policy is down there, they have had a bevvy of elite players on high rotation all year, jesus they must throw some cash around. although it doesn't surprise me with the coach Lachlan Fear running the show he does like to bring outsiders to whatever Club he coaches from what I have heard and seen.
won't surprise me at all if they get flogged in the first round of the finals and they will be back to square one next season, cheque book and ink pen in hand for another crack in 2012.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
just looked at the team lists on ABC TV, what is the story with Easts? They seem to have had 3 different teams this season? I would like to know what the recruiting policy is down there, they have had a bevvy of elite players on high rotation all year, jesus they must throw some cash around. although it doesn't surprise me with the coach Lachlan Fear running the show he does like to bring outsiders to whatever Club he coaches from what I have heard and seen.
won't surprise me at all if they get flogged in the first round of the finals and they will be back to square one next season, cheque book and ink pen in hand for another crack in 2012.

Interesting comments. I know a number of high ranking Easts officials and they're always moaning how little money they do have! On the playing ranks though, they were nicely positioned at start of year with Morath brothers, To'omua etc. However they didnt bank on Kurt Morath making the Tongan World Cup team and the Brumbies going on a pissy little overseas tour that kept To'omua from playing club in the second half of the season......I think forwards like Stanford too got o/s gigs after the season started as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.