• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I've got a free saturday finally after 10 weeks of working. Gonna head to Rat Park to see Wests knock off the Rats.......In fact, I've multied Norths to beat Randwick and Wests to beat Warringah

W

waves

qwerty51

Thanks for posting the SD team. I think I might head over to Broadway tomorrow.

It will be good to see Rob Horne play. It will also be interesting to see Lopeti Timani on the park again as he was promising for the Junior Tahs earlier in the year. He is usually an 8 but is playing 6 because Ita Vaea, who he resembles as a player, has dibs on the 8 jersey.

That is a very good backrow: 6. L.Sitaleki, 7. Doyle and 8. Vaea. It is not known as well as 6. Dennis, 7. Hickey and 8. McCutcheon but they will give a good account of themselves. It is interesting that Hickey has precedence over J.Jenkins at Uni; he is a hard bastard though.

I haven't heard of any Super interest in 9. Grayson Hart of SD yet he has started in S14 games for the Blues. I'll have a look at him.

has Jenkins been injured or away, I dont think his run on in both Tv games for Uni against Penrith or Norths if someone could clarify that.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I've got a free saturday finally after 10 weeks of working. Gonna head to Rat Park to see Wests knock off the Rats.......In fact, I've multied Norths to beat Randwick and Wests to beat Warringah

I feel guilty about turning my back on the Rats game, and it's close to where I live, but seeing Rob Horne play has more appeal.

At least I turned up to watch the mid-week miracle against the Woodies.

PS - as I mentioned on another thread: Giteau may play for Randwick in the TV game today:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/giteau-to-step-out-for-galloping-greens-20110805-1if9i.html

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Obviously we shouldn't expect too much of Rob Horne first game back. I can't help thinking what a great face off it would have been if Tom Carter had also made his come back from injury in this game, particularly as Carter tends to defend the 13 channel.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Not on topic but I heard via a credible source that Nicky Price (southern districts wing) is leaving Aus for france in the next couple of weeks for at least 9 months. Not sure which club he has signed for though.

Looking forward Lee's write up on Rob Horne!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I see that Robbie Coleman will be playing for Manly after cracking his sternum in the Brumbies match against the Tahs. Apparently he will alternate between 12 and 10 with Ben Seymour.

Beau Robinson and Mark Gerrard will play for the Rats against Wests and coach Sam Harris, who usually plays 3rd Grade, such is the injury toll in the club, will play 12.

Smouha (who the crowd sometimes announce as SMOO-har at the ground when he gets the ball -something like when the Beast gets the pill) had to withdraw because of an injury at training on Thursday night; therefore Harris.

S

Shoreman

Both Randwick and Norths were very poor today. Randwick eventually winning 21-13 with a last minute try sealing the result. There really does seem to be a gap appearing between the top few teams (Eastwood, Uni and Manly) and the remainder in the competition.

Other scores as expected:
Manly over Penrith
Uni over Souths
Easts over Parramatta
Eastwood over Gordon

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Manly hit the 100 mark in 2nds and 3rds.

I'm sorry guys but the west is a traditional league stronghold with AFL paying top dollar to juniors to intrude - from what I have read Penrith seems to rely more on Kiwi expats than local juniors - reminds me of the joke - I'm into sado-masochism, necrophilia, and beastiality yada yada yada - how would the Penrith club match up against Drummoyne or Colleagues? Point being: [1] why spend dollars in an area where you have little or no hope; and [2] look after your heartland first.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I see that Robbie Coleman will be playing for Manly after cracking his sternum in the Brumbies match against the Tahs. Apparently he will alternate between 12 and 10 with Ben Seymour.

Beau Robinson and Mark Gerrard will play for the Rats against Wests and coach Sam Harris, who usually plays 3rd Grade, such is the injury toll in the club, will play 12.

Smouha (who the crowd sometimes announce as SMOO-har at the ground when he gets the ball -something like when the Beast gets the pill) had to withdraw because of an injury at training on Thursday night; therefore Harris.

I am a bit curious why Beau isn't playing for Souths in Brisbane? I thought contracted reds players had to play club rugby in Brisbane.

S

scampi

Well there goes that investment!

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Sydney Uni 52 Southern Districts 20

It was just 19-10 at oranges, and 12-10 just before that, but Uni put the hammer down in the 2nd half and scored 8 tries to 2 in all.

Uni

- When they scored their 4th try just after oranges I realised 3 of them were from mauls - and well executed too. I thought here we go again - and the band plays on - and it literally was. They had the Police Band there and once a maul rumbled over the goal line to the sound of music - well, the Star Wars theme actually. It was surreal.

I thought I was in for an exciting game - not - but Uni scored some lovely tries after that using the ball to beat the man.

- 15. Barnes had a terrific match. Some of his wide passing from his right hand was right on the money and caused several breaches in the SD line. His tactical kicking was superb also. He missed a couple of his conversions but even those were well struck and the ones I had a view of were as straight as an arrow over the black dot.

- 10. B. Foley mixed his game up well and showed me he has more to it than just running and passing, by kicking well for space. The Tahs could have a keeper.

- 6. Dennis had a stormer and was hard to stop every time he had the pill. Reserve 7. Dyer had a top game too when he replaced Hickey and scored a couple of well-taken tries

Southern Districts

- SD didn't have the kicking, chasing game of Uni and didn't run onto the ball as well as Uni did either in close or out wide.

- 8. Vaea played well and got Souths over the gain line a few times but not many of his mates did. L.Timani didn't play because he got a head knock training with the Tahs - though what training they are doing at the minute escapes me.

- 13. Horne played OK. They kept using him as a decoy a lot at first but he made his mark on defence coming out of the line and knocking folks over. It was interesting to watch him work off the ball; not a lot came his way but it wasn't because a lack of diligence.

He had a few runs and the impressive part was that he he didn't die with the ball which sounds routine but isn't.

It looked OK for his 2nd game out but I noticed when Uni scored their last try he had trouble running the try scorer down. Watch this space.

I was looking forward to watching scrummies Schwager, Phipps (Uni) and Hart (SD) play, but none of them were much to write home about on the day.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Gordon were absolutely pathetic against the Mighty Woods. In the lead-up to the first grade game, there was an under-sevens match. The commentator made the point that Gordon's catchment has 30% of all the junior players in the state. Why, oh, why, can't they put four quality grade teams out every Saturday? Gordon colts had a win, which I suppose is a good sign.

As an old Eastwood type I remember the wonderful derbies against the Highlanders - in fact in the very early days when I was just a nipper Gordon used to beat us regularly.

The Woods forward pack was very good, and the backs were crisp and quick. Nic White was outstanding, as were Hola and pretty much the whole backline.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Where was Waugh this week? Has he taken his family on holiday?

Also, speaking to Dean Mumm (ribs), Tom Carter is still in NZ. I was expecting a surprise appearance last night ;)

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Where was Waugh this week? Has he taken his family on holiday?

Also, speaking to Dean Mumm (ribs), Tom Carter is still in NZ. I was expecting a surprise appearance last night ;)

Both Waugh and Carter were in Queenstown doing a charity gig. And if ever the Wallabies could have benefitted from Carter in midfield it was last night.

W

waves

Gordon were absolutely pathetic against the Mighty Woods. In the lead-up to the first grade game, there was an under-sevens match. The commentator made the point that Gordon's catchment has 30% of all the junior players in the state. Why, oh, why, can't they put four quality grade teams out every Saturday? Gordon colts had a win, which I suppose is a good sign.

As an old Eastwood type I remember the wonderful derbies against the Highlanders - in fact in the very early days when I was just a nipper Gordon used to beat us regularly.

The Woods forward pack was very good, and the backs were crisp and quick. Nic White was outstanding, as were Hola and pretty much the whole backline.

I heard during the televised game that Gordon were losing 42-0 at the break, thats very warrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.