• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

optimisticjock

Sorry, oj, I thought I could get away with having a dig, given my genealogy. I have visited the land of my forefathers twice during the summer months and didn't notice much sunlight.

That was meant to be a joke. Not knowing what sunshine was. :frans

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Extraordinary game this afternoon at Chatswood. Uni led 25-3 and 25-13 at half time. Gordon led 30-25 but were beaten 30-38.

A great exhibition of very hard fought club rugby.

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
Extraordinary game this afternoon at Chatswood. Uni led 25-3 and 25-13 at half time. Gordon led 30-25 but were beaten 30-38.

A great exhibition of very hard fought club rugby.

I have heard that the try uni scored to take the lead was controversial. anyone able to explain?

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
It was great to see the Two Blues have another win.

Can I just say how terrible Easts were today. They showed no penetration, missed 30 + tackles, took poor options all over the place and just kept turning over the ball. They even gave up 3 Tight Heads - when does that ever happen?

Word around the camp fire is that there is a number of very disgruntled players at Easts.........

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Dylan Sigg has not re -signed his contract in Italy. Will be back for Marlins in the next couple of weeks.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
not to mention warehousing players.................and for the money they allegedly throw around it's interesting to witness their high turnover of players. Would be keen for Hawko or someone within the club to explain why that happens.

Sorry Slash, but I currently reside in Adelaide (for my sins) and only see Southern when they are on I-view. I have no connection with the club and am only a tenuous supporter.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Easts were terrible at times, but Eastwood equally were very good. The skill level, especially amongst the forwards was top drawer. If Easts are having so many problems, it makes me wonder how they had only lost one game before the weekend.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Easts were terrible at times, but Eastwood equally were very good. The skill level, especially amongst the forwards was top drawer. If Easts are having so many problems, it makes me wonder how they had only lost one game before the weekend.

Eastwood are awesome this year. They are clinical and will turn at the halfway point of the comp a minimum of 8 points in front. Will be interesting to see if they can be caught when the rockstars come back

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Glad to read that Chris Cottee has an op with Western Force. Should give Jack Rowntree a start as he was in 2nds last week.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Lily can you explain? Chris Cottee, clearly a talented player, has surely missed his opportunity at 28 or so? I'm extraordinarily pleased for him and would be glad to hear more news.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Glad to read that Chris Cottee has an op with Western Force. Should give Jack Rowntree a start as he was in 2nds last week.

With the 5th Super side it's good to see the franchises giving some of the better club players a chance to step up at the Super level; Alcock, McKibbin last year, Cottee, Faulkner, Batger, BKH, Perrett: all club stars.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
With the 5th Super side it's good to see the franchises giving some of the better club players a chance to step up at the Super level; Alcock, McKibbin last year, Cottee, Faulkner, Batger, BKH, Perrett: all club stars.

Not forgetting James Stannard.

A

Albert

For anyone who happens to be watching the Wicks v Uni game this weekend, either at the ground or on ABC, keep your eye on the Randwick 9 Luke Parsons. He joined the club at the end of the trial season in March, played Round 1 and was Randwick's best, then missed six weeks or so with a shoulder injury. He came back for the game vs Norths in Round 7 and was again our best player. He missed last week because he was home in NZ, but is back to play Uni. Hopefully the pattern continues, and he puts in another five star performance. He's 29 or 30 now, but has played a bit for Waikato in the NPC and has played in Ireland and Italy. I reckon he's a great addition to the comp, and the battle with Matty Schwager should be a beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.