• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I watched the TV game where Easts were able to hold off Randwick for the win. I was hoping for an Easts win (lesser of two evils and all that) and was screaming at the TV when the referee alloweda penalty advantage for Randwick to go for 10+ phases in the last minute before Easts pilfered and he gave Randwick another chance. When Easts pilfered for a second time I was happy as I felt they deserved the win. Papworth is a crap commentator who doesn't have an appreciation for forward play in rugby with his constant whinging about mauls.

Who was the ref?

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Thanks it was............

Randwick: 1. Daniel Spencer, 2. Atonio Halangahu, 3. Steven Noriega; 4. Lai Vatadroka, 5. Geoffrey Ingram; 6. Tim Maxwell; 7. Tim McGann, 8. David Parsons; 9. Patrick Phibbs, 10. Jai Ayoub; 11. Clinton Sills, 12. Toby Browne, 13. John Tamanika, 14. Francis Fainifo; 15. Tim Wright [c].
Eastern Suburbs: 1. Campese Ma’afu, 2. Tom Coolican, 3. Rob McMickan; 4. Richard Stanford, 5. Phil Mathers; 6. Jordan Brown, 7. Andrew Shaw, 8. Talalelei Gray; 9. Luke Irwin, 10. Kurt Morath; 11. Ratu Ma’afu, 12. Tom Azar, 13. Anton Lavin, 14. Jonnie Morath; 15. Junior Poroku.
Referee: Steve Hardy

He is usually not a bad ref. His MO though is to always give the home team a heap of penalties in the last 10-15 mins. Home town ref!

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Got a bit spiteful at times the Wicks v Beasts game. Randwick had 2 in the bin either side of oranges and they probably played their best rugby then. Great driving forward play with continuity and cohesion. Prior to that however the Easts pack had pilfered the pill whenever a Randwick player got isolated (frequently). Not that they knew how to use it, with 2nd man backline plays too far behind the advantage line coupled with long looping passes. And I don't think they noticed there was a mudheap/cricket pitch on one side as they repeatedly tried to run through it. Still the hunger got them home.
It got scrappy as the ref let more go at the breakdown in 2nd half, although I thought he had a reasonable game overall.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I thought the Beasties were a little lucky to win that game, mainly because they really didn't use the ball they had that well. The 5/8 they had, Morath, I thought was pretty average. He didn't threaten the line and his passing was fairly ordinary. A pity To'omua couldn't play.

It was pretty willing out there though.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I thought the Beasties were a little lucky to win that game, mainly because they really didn't use the ball they had that well. The 5/8 they had, Morath, I thought was pretty average. He didn't threaten the line and his passing was fairly ordinary. A pity To'omua couldn't play.

It was pretty willing out there though.

To'omua is a class act. Maybe the Tahs should use his friendship with Scott Bowen to sign him as Beale's replacement!!!

At least then they could play To'omua or Barnes at 10 and 12 and actually get the ball wide to those quick and elusive wingers!

B

brynylon

Morath is the Tongan 10 for World Cup.He will be looking after himself for sure!When he played for Souths last year,he made To'omua look 2nd rate!Besides the Beasties are still winning and thats all that matters.He was recruited for the first half of the year only.2nd of June and hes off to England for the Churchill Cup,July its the Pacific nations Cup in Fiji and then September 9 the World Cup in Auckland.The Beasts have cover with Taumata and later To'omua.Everything has been well planned.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
I didnt see Danny Kroll's name in the uni line-up for this week...
Is he injured or dropped or something else???
Anyone know?
Thanks

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
Tips for this round
4/6, 5/6, 4/6, 3/6

Gordon vs Parramatta
West Harbour vs Randwick
Penrith vs Sydney Uni
Northern Suburbs vs Southern Suburbs
Eastern Suburbs vs Manly
Eastwood vs Warringah

Im sticking with Randwick again this week, tough decision, wouldn't be a suprise if Wests won.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Morath is the Tongan 10 for World Cup.He will be looking after himself for sure!When he played for Souths last year,he made To'omua look 2nd rate!Besides the Beasties are still winning and thats all that matters.He was recruited for the first half of the year only.2nd of June and hes off to England for the Churchill Cup,July its the Pacific nations Cup in Fiji and then September 9 the World Cup in Auckland.The Beasts have cover with Taumata and later To'omua.Everything has been well planned.

He might be the Tongan 5/8 for the RWC but to be honest I was pretty unimpressed. I would have expected him to carve up in Sydney first grade but he looked reluctant to chance his arm and I didn't feel the quality of passing brought other players into the play enough. On the other hand, his brother was very good I thought.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Tips for this round
4/6, 5/6, 4/6, 3/6

Gordon vs Parramatta
West Harbour vs Randwick
Penrith vs Sydney Uni
Northern Suburbs vs Southern Suburbs
Eastern Suburbs vs Manly
Eastwood vs Warringah

Im sticking with Randwick again this week, tough decision, wouldn't be a suprise if Wests won.

My tips:

Gordon v Parramatta
Wests v Randwick
Penrith v Uni
Norts v Souths
Easts v Manly
Eastwood v Warringah

Rumour has it there is a LOT of unhappy players at Wests.....Woods will belt Warringah by 20+..........Parra to go back to back this will be Gordon's toughest test since round 1..........Easts will knock off Manly. Manly have lost Sefanaia and Coleman and will be without their Brumbies. Easts do the little things well, and while Kurt Morath didn't set the world on fire, he certainly didnt do much wrong either.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Can any body tell me where Steve Noriega went to school? I have heard he went to Marist Canberra....does anybody know if he finished shcool there or not?

B

Bradley

Rumour has it there is a LOT of unhappy players at Wests......

Their good results this year have surprised everyone. I know they lost a few players before the season started but I would be surprised if there is a problem with the current group.

W

waves

2011 Sydney Premier Rugby Teams
Shute Shield Round 5 – 30 April 2011

GORDON (4) v PARRAMATTA (11) at Chatswood Oval (ABC TV Game, 3:10pm)
Gordon: 1.Lawrence Marsh, 2. Tobius Gukibau [c], 3. Travis Church; 4. Ben Paurini, 5. Lex Fairley; 6. Jonno Broome, 7. Mitch Greenway, 8. Junior To’o; 9. Terry Preston, 10. Josh Keil; 11. Eric Maroni, 12. Tom Mathews, 13. Dion Berryman, 14. Matt McDougall; 15. Dave Harvey.
Parramatta:1.Sione Taula, 2. Trent Hoscher, 3. Richard Just; 4. Waqa Vulawalu, 5. James Riddell; 6. Andrew Cox, 7. Rodney Ma’a, 8. Maile Latekefu; 9. Lua Vailoaloa, 10. Ioane Sefo; 11. Jesse Leota, 12. Toese Lealemanua, 13. Damien Fakafanua, 14. Brendan Lane; 15. Tyler Stevens.
Referee: Callan O’Neill
WEST HARBOUR (7) v RANDWICK (8) at Concord Oval (3:00pm)
West Harbour: 1.Todd Pearce, 2. Reg de Jager, 3. Vaughan Lomax; 4. Tom Hikila, 5. Damien Lloyd; 6. Tom Games, 7. Dan Thomas, 8. Isaiah Pine; 9. Jeremy Su’a, 10. Shaun Treweek; 11. Macquire Tatola, 12. Henry Seavula, 13. Nua Alone, 14. Tito Mua; 15. Liam Windon.
Randwick: 1. Daniel Spencer, 2. Atonio Halangahu, 3. Steven Noriega; 4. Lai Vatadroka, 5. Geoffrey Ingram; 6. David Parsons; 7. Tim McGann, 8. Al McFarland; 9. Sam Bartlett, 10. Jai Ayoub; 11. Clinton Sills, 12. Toby Browne, 13. John Tamanika, 14. Ethan Ford; 15. Tim Wright [c].
Referee: Andrew Lees
PENRITH (12) v SYDNEY UNIVERSITY (6) at Forshaw Rugby Park (3:00pm)
Penrith: 1. Peter Niumata, 2. Shaun O’Connor, 3. Richard Aho; 4. Luke Williams, 5. Dale Shane; 6. Winnie Paulo, 7. Rob Carlson, 8. Viliami Napia’a; 9. Solomona Silipa, 10. Gavin Duncan; 11. Tala Mapesone, 12. Hamilton Va’alepu, 13. Lachlan Porteous, 14. Stan Tuionuku; 15. Ateloa Okati.
Sydney University: 1. Aldy King, 2. Ben Roberts, 3. Sam Talakai; 4. Tom Heslop, 5. Sam Carter; 6. Lachlan McCutcheon, 7. David Hickey, 8. Jack de Guingand; 9. Matt Schwager [c], 10. Angus Roberts; 11. Nick Edwards, 12. James McMahon, 13. Michael Hodge, 14. Levi Dodd; 15. Alex Rokobaro.
Referee: Anthony Moyes
NORTHERN SUBURBS (9) v SOUTHERN DISTRICTS (5) at North Sydney Oval (3:00pm)
Northern Suburbs:1. Lawrence Hunting, 2. Scott Podmore, 3. Nick Lah; 4. Seti Tafua, 5. Ben Matwijow; 6. Paulie Tuala, 7. Mat Lamont, 8. AJ Gilbert; 9. Steve Evans, 10. Ben Murray; 11. Cam Crawford, 12. Henari Veratau, 13. Bill Meakes, 14. Chris Moore; 15. Ben Borg.
Southern Districts: 1. Tetera Faulkner, 2. Nick Seymour, 3. Duncan Chubb; 4. Rome Nifo, 5. Hoani Matengi; 6. Luke Smart, 7. Sean Doyle, 8. Sam Latunipulu; 9. Grayson Hart, 10. Ben Volavola; 11. Ryan Shortland, 12. Josh Gamgee [c], 13. Nicky Price, 14. Ben Connolly; 15. Rohan Saifoloi.
Referee: Steve Hardy
EASTERN SUBURBS (3) v MANLY (2) at Woollahra Oval (3:00pm)
Eastern Suburbs: 1. Campese Ma’afu, 2. Tom Coolican, 3. Rob McMickan; 4. Adam Byrnes, 5. Phil Mathers; 6. Jordan Brown, 7. Tom Chamberlain, 8. Richard Stanford; 9. Luke Irwin, 10. Kurt Morath; 11. Ratu Ma’afu, 12. Tom Azar, 13. Anton Lavin, 14. Jonnie Morath; 15. Junior Poroku.
Manly: 1. Eddie Aholelei, 2. Elvis Taione, 3. Salesi Manu; 4. Greg Peterson, 5. Cadeyrn Neville; 6. Ed Gower, 7. Kotoni Ale, 8. Luke Jones; 9. Chris Cottee, 10. Ben Seymour; 11. JP du Plessis, 12. Brian Sefanaia, 13. Jacob Woodhouse, 14. Lui Siale; 15. BJ Hartman.
Referee: Ian Smith
EASTWOOD (1) v WARRINGAH (10) at T.G. Millner Field (3:00pm)
Eastwood: 1. Simon Norris, 2. Bleddyn Gant, 3. Martin Plokstys; 4. Tom Alexander, 5. Josh Dunning; 6. Gareth Palamo, 7. Miles McCaffrey, 8. Hugh Perrett [c]; 9. Nic White, 10. Pierre Hola; 11. Mark Frost, 12. Sione Piukala, 13. Tim Bennetts, 14. John Grant; 15. Shane Collins.
Warringah: 1. Richard Southan, 2. David Mason, 3. Dan Barnard; 4. Tristan Stanley, 5. Mitchell Longrigg; 6. Haydn Black, 7. James Lindfield, 8. Jason Peseta; 9. Josh Holmes [c], 10. Maurice Kennedy; 11. Michael Dalton, 12. Joe Walsh, 13. Ed Doyle, 14. Dylan Smouha; 15. Hamish Angus.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Their good results this year have surprised everyone. I know they lost a few players before the season started but I would be surprised if there is a problem with the current group.

What are these good results you speak of?

Round 1 - drew with Penrith
Round 2 - beat Norths (whoo appear to be crap this year)
Round 3 - lost to Souths
Round 4 - lost to Uni

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
[Wests'] good results this year have surprised everyone. I know they lost a few players before the season started but I would be surprised if there is a problem with the current group.

What are these good results you speak of?

Round 1 - drew with Penrith
Round 2 - beat Norths (whoo appear to be crap this year)
Round 3 - lost to Souths
Round 4 - lost to Uni

I don't know about their other games but the loss to Uni was a very tight game.

Status
Not open for further replies.