• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CoachTB

Yeah - very tough draw for Parra to start . But they have been very competitive with the exception of the Randwick effort, and if they can keep it together and take what they need to out of the last three weekends it may stand them in good stead for the next few weeks. Should make for some interesting viewing ahead if they can move themselves forward as a group.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Yeah - very tough draw for Parra to start . But they have been very competitive with the exception of the Randwick effort, and if they can keep it together and take what they need to out of the last three weekends it may stand them in good stead for the next few weeks. Should make for some interesting viewing ahead if they can move themselves forward as a group.

From all reports they were their own worst enemies against Randwick. Apparently they pushed the Wicks scrum around a bit but once the tighthead went off it changed and the Wicks started the ascendancy. Parra conceded a try immediately when he went off.

How was the scrum v the huge Manly pack?

C

CoachTB

Scrum got owned against the manly pack - they are very strong in that aspect. The tight head that left the field against Randwick was also out for the manly game which made if tough.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Am gonna venture off to Manly this week to see the top of the table clash against Eastwood...Better get my $75 ready for the parking fine! Should be a cracker of a game, Manly's big pack against the effective and mobile Woods pack and the quick and nimble million dollar Manly backline against the slow and lazy Woods backline. The lack of effort in defence from their superstar 10 will be a focus of the Manly attack I would imagine.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Interesting to see Pat Phibbs and Franky Fainifo named for Randwick this weekend. Good to see they want to come back to club rugby when possible!!

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Pat Phibbs is a Randwick junior and his dad has been with the wicks since jesus was a boy.
Franky has played at the wicks for atleast 4 years now.

W

Welly Rugby

Interesting to see Pat Phibbs and Franky Fainifo named for Randwick this weekend. Good to see they want to come back to club rugby when possible!!

I thought the brumbies were off to SA on friday, but this may be wrong. Would be a suprise to see fainifo not in touring squad, not so much Phibbs. No other brumbies named in shute shield teams this week though.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
He did play for Hunters Hill a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully the NSWRU have stepped in and stopped what was a farcical arrangement.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Maybe he played when our season finished? I'm pretty sure he has been tied to Vikings for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.