• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Good luck to Nic Stirzaker with his !st grade debut. Very smart player.

Uni also have 3 junior Oz players in 2nd grade colts- Wylie, Millar and Hodge. This isn't good for the competition or the players themselves.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I know its all above board, but whoever did the draw didn't do Parra any favours. Their first three games are against competition heavyweights - hard to build any structure and confidence when you are getting regularly done over.

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Ventured down to Chatswood Oval-regular downpours throughout the afternoon.
Gordon would be very happy,winning 4 out of 4! Very solid wins in 2s & 3s and they looked the goods during 1st half of 1s. Scored 4 tries in the 1st half but seemed to relax in 2nd half and let the Rats back into game. They held onto win 34-26(5 tries to 3).
Backline looked good and would be interested to see them perform on a dry day. Of interest was Gordon No.12, Tom Matthews who was only in 2nd XV(Knox) as a half-back. Has really bulked up and he had a very strong game scoring a try and being very strong in defence.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
I was watching the Eastwood vs. Randwick game when I had the misfortune of seeing Cameron Mitchell likely doing his ACL. He had been impressive when he has been on the field, but unfortunately for him that's been too few and far between.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
2blues were awesome. Manly won but were pushed all the way. 2Blues up 10 to zip at one stage. Marlins eventually got over the top, with a few very anxious moments. Same as 2nds. Marlins down at half time 7-5 but scored the next 35 points. Parramatta didn't give up though, they scored a few more to get alot closer. Well done Parramatta. Finally 3rds and 4ths were also close. Colts different story at Kierle Park.

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
Watching the Eastwood v Randwick game on the ABC it was easy to see why Nic White has been getting so many wraps from Brumby supporters. He showed more in that game than Valentine and Phibbs combined in the past two seasons.

Good win by Eastwood in the end. Clinton Sills was very good in a losing team.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
I ventured off to Woollahra for the Easts v Uni game. Was a good game. Defence ruled the day. And though Easts deserved the win, I wasn't that impressed. Uni were ordinary and have a lot of work to do. Tala Grey got through a lot of work and Kurt Morath controlled the game well for Easts. Will be off to Manly to watch the top of the table clash next week against Eastwood. sounds like Parra have shown how to beat Manly though from comments above

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
2blues were awesome. Manly won but were pushed all the way. 2Blues up 10 to zip at one stage. Marlins eventually got over the top, with a few very anxious moments. Same as 2nds. Marlins down at half time 7-5 but scored the next 35 points. Parramatta didn't give up though, they scored a few more to get alot closer. Well done Parramatta. Finally 3rds and 4ths were also close. Colts different story at Kierle Park.

Pushing Manly in 4 grades is a massive effort. Wish I had been there to watch it instead of being at Woollahra where boredom was the order of the day. What was the atmosphere like with the 5pm kick off?

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
I ventured off to Woollahra for the Easts v Uni game. Was a good game. Defence ruled the day. And though Easts deserved the win, I wasn't that impressed. Uni were ordinary and have a lot of work to do. Tala Grey got through a lot of work and Kurt Morath controlled the game well for Easts. Will be off to Manly to watch the top of the table clash next week against Eastwood. sounds like Parra have shown how to beat Manly though from comments above

how did stirzaker play for uni?

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Bruce thanks for that report last week on Woods vs Students. Wasn't the best game yesterday for Eastwood yesterday from what i saw on tv, no doubt the rain didnt help- i dont think they are a wet weather team. They could be in trouble next week if they are without their dangerous back 3 Batger, Grant and Mitchell against Manly.
Good to hear Parramatta are improving also but i hope Penrith aren't going backwards

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
saw a nice try from a charge down near the try line from Gordon, should see it replayed on tv next week.

Now just going back a week I heard that the derby at Manly last week pulled in a crowd of around 5,000? Does anyone who went to the game agree with this?

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
The rain at Eastwood yesterday was atrocious, but the field was in decent nick for the top game as 3's and 4's played up top to keep the ground as good as possible. Wasn't bad underfoot for 2's & 1's as a result.....
Wicks got up in 3's and 4's (both undefeated) while 2's and obviously 1's went down.....

Status
Not open for further replies.