• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Any word on how Parramatta (even after two heavy defeats) are looking?
Do they look as though they have improved?
How about their imports, have they added value?

I thought I'd venture out to Granville to check out all the hype for round 1. To be honest, it wasn't a heavy defeat. If the bounce of the ball went their way they would've won. There was also some glaring inconsistencies in the refereeing that punished them for no apparent reason. The penalty try being one of them.

It was also a good atmosphere out there and its obvious they are working extremely hard to lift the standard of the club. Well done to them.
Not sure how they're looking this week, but hey, from what I saw in Round 1 they will atleast have a red hot go at Manly.

I ventured off to North Sydney Oval last week. The Wests 13 carved them up. It's debatable whether the Norths midfield were even speed bumps.

Will be heading to Woollahra to donate my $15 to the snobs for the grudge match v Uni. Will be interesting to see who has the most leather patches.

T

The Gunsmith

A Gordon for me, a Gordon for me
If you're not a Gordon you're no use to me,
The Eastwoods are braw, the Randwicks an a'
But the cocky wee Gordon's the pride of them all.

Very impressive Bradley, your quite the wordsmith.

T

The Gunsmith

Ahhh no worries Bradley...
Poses an interesting question. What are the Club Songs from the Shute Shield teams? Do most have one?

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
That song is embarrassing, although not as bad as Gordon...

As you would expect the Uni song is obviously steeped in tradition. Not sure how the lads relate to it but they sing it with gusto after every game

The ‘Varsity
Grads and undergrads and fellows,
Gaudy profs in reds and yellows,
Sing with lungs as tough as bellows
To our ‘Varsity.

Some of us are mining,
Some in arts reclining,
More and more
Attack the law
And revel in its methods of refining;
Some are fools and some are clever
Faculties divide and sever,
Still we all belong forever
To our ‘Varsity.

Varied are the tastes of students,
Varied our degrees of prudence,
Very varied our amusements,
At our ‘Varsity.

We shall soon be scattered,
Friendships maybe shattered,
Some, or all
Will grope or crawl,
And get up very knocked about and battered.
Some are hung and some are married,
Some for years in gaol have tarried,
Still they are all members of the
Same old ‘Varsity.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
As you would expect the Uni song is obviously steeped in tradition. Not sure how the lads relate to it but they sing it with gusto after every game

"sing it"?? You obviously don't go to Colts games, Informer. The young blokes would be astonished to be told that it is actually supposed to be sung to a tune - "Men of Harlech".

"after every game"? I didn't hear it after last Saturday's First Grade game against Eastwood.

T

The Gunsmith

"sing it"?? You obviously don't go to Colts games, Informer. The young blokes would be astonished to be told that it is actually supposed to be sung to a tune - "Men of Harlech".

"after every game"? I didn't hear it after last Saturday's First Grade game against Eastwood.

Hopefully the lads get back to their winning ways Bruce...was a pretty poor performance last week.

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)

Maybe they should sing it BEFORE each game, a bit of a rev up

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
2011 Sydney Premier Rugby
Shute Shield Round 3 – 16 April 2011

EASTWOOD v RANDWICK at T.G. Millner Field (ABC TV Game, 3:10pm)
Eastwood: 1. Simon Norris, 2. Bleddyn Gant, 3. Martin Plokstys; 4. Tom Alexander, 5. Josh Dunning; 6. Gareth Palamo, 7. Hugh Perrett [c], 8. Miles McCaffrey; 9. Nic White, 10. Pierre Hola; 11. Mark Frost, 12. Sione Piukala, 13. Tim Bennetts, 14. Cameron Mitchell; 15. Ben Batger.
Randwick: 1. Daniel Spencer, 2. Atonio Halangahu, 3. Steven Noriega; 4. Lai Vatadroka, 5. Geoffrey Ingram; 6. Tim Maxwell; 7. Tim McGann, 8. David Parsons; 9. Sam Bartlett, 10. Jai Ayoub; 11. Clinton Sills, 12. Toby Browne, 13. Tom Joseph, 14. Tom Tombleson; 15. Tim Wright [c].
Referee: Anthony Moyes

WEST HARBOUR v SOUTHERN DISTRICTS at Concord Oval (3:00pm)
West Harbour: 1.Todd Pearce, 2. Reg de Jager, 3. Vaughan Lomax; 4. Tom Hikila, 5. Damien Lloyd; 6. Tom Games, 7. Dan Thomas, 8. Isaiah Pine; 9. Jeremy Su’a, 10. Shaun Treweek; 11. Macquire Tatola, 12. Henry Seavula, 13. Nua Alone, 14. Tito Mua; 15. Liam Windon.
Southern Districts: 1. Tetera Faulkner, 2. Nick Seymour, 3. Duncan Chubb; 4. Rome Nifo, 5. Hoani Matengi; 6. Sean Doyle, 7. Sam Latunipulu, 8. Lopeti Timani; 9. Josh Gamgee [c], 10. Ben Volavola; 11. Ryan Shortland, 12. Apo Latunipulu, 13. Nicky Price, 14. Ben Connolly; 15. Rohan Saifoloi.
Referee: Richard Goswell

PENRITH v NORTHERN SUBURBS at Nepean Rugby Park (3:00pm)
Penrith: 1. Dave Coventry, 2. Shaun O’Connor, 3. Richard Aho; 4. Luke Williams, 5. Dale Shane; 6. Winnie Paulo, 7. Rob Carlson, 8. Viliami Napia’a; 9. Colomona Silipa, 10. Gavin Duncan; 11. Tala Mapesone, 12. Hamilton Va’alepu, 13. Lachlan Porteous, 14. Tavalea Takai; 15. Atelea Okati.
Northern Suburbs: 1. Lawrence Hunting, 2. Scott Podmore, 3. Nick Lah; 4. Rory Walton, 5. Ben Matwijow; 6. Seti Tafua, 7. Wil Brame, 8. AJ Gilbert; 9. James Price, 10. Ben Murray; 11. Zack Holmes, 12. Bill Meakes, 13. Henari Veratau, 14. Chris Moore; 15. Samu Wara.
Referee: Jamie McGregor

EASTERN SUBURBS v SYDNEY UNIVERSITY at Woollahra Oval (3:00pm)
Eastern Suburbs: 1. Campese Ma’afu, 2. Tom Coolican, 3. Rob McMickan; 4. Matt McGann, 5. Phil Mathers; 6. Jordan Brown, 7. Andrew Shaw, 8. Talalelei Gray; 9. Luke Irwin, 10. Kurt Morath; 11. Ratu Ma’afu, 12. Dion Taumata, 13. Anton Lavin, 14. Johnny Morath; 15. Junior Poroku.
Sydney University: 1. Aldy King, 2. Ben Roberts, 3. Jeremy Tilse; 4. Tom Heslop, 5. Lachlan McCutcheon; 6. Andrew Rossiter, 7. David Hickey, 8. Jack de Guingand; 9. Nick Stirzaker, 10. Dan Kelly; 11. Nick Edwards, 12. James McMahon, 13. Michael Hodge, 14. Tom English; 15. Alex Rokobaro.
Referee: Callan O’Neill

GORDON v WARRINGAH at Chatswood Oval (3:00pm)
Gordon: 1.Lawrence Marsh, 2. Tobius Gukibau [c], 3. Travis Church; 4. Lex Fairley, 5. Ben Paurini; 6. Jonno Broome, 7. Mitch Greenway, 8. Junior To’o; 9. Terry Preston, 10. Josh Keil; 11. Eric Maroni, 12. Tom Mathews, 13. Dion Berryman, 14. Matt McDougall; 15. Dave Harvey.
Warringah: 1. Richard Southern, 2. David Mason, 3. David Hart; 4. Luke Hanvey, 5. Mitchell Longrigg; 6. Scott Fardy, 7. James Lindfield, 8. Jason Peseta; 9. Josh Holmes [c], 10. Maurice Kennedy; 11. Michael Dalton, 12. Joe Walsh, 13. Ed Doyle, 14. Dylan Smouha; 15. Hamish Angus.
Referee: Daniel Cheever

MANLY v PARRAMATTA at Manly Oval (5:00pm)
Manly: 1. Eddie Aholelei, 2. Elvis Taione, 3. Selesi Manu; 4. Greg Peterson, 5. Cadeyrn Neville; 6. Ed Gower, 7. Kotoni Ale, 8. Luke Jones; 9. Chris Cottee, 10. Ben Seymour; 11. JP du Plessis, 12. Robbie Coleman, 13. Brian Sefanaia, 14. Lui Siale; 15. BJ Hartman.
Parramatta:1.Sione Taula, 2. Trent Hoscher, 3. Lemarn Ma’a; 4. Ryan Aniseko, 5. Waqa Vulawalu; 6. Andrew Cox, 7. Rodney Ma’a, 8. Maile Latekefu; 9. Lua Vailoaloa, 10. Ioane Sefo; 11. Jesse Leota, 12. Damien Fakafanua, 13. Dan Yakopo, 14. Brendan Lane; 15. Tyler Stevens.
Referee: Steve Hardy

B

Bradley

Given recent events, it shouldn't be long before we see him in the Marlins' colours

Status
Not open for further replies.