• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scampi

I saw the Wicks play last weekend - even though I am still learning the rules I know enough to see when a side is not gelling as a team and that side just isn't.

A

Albert

I saw the Wicks play last weekend - even though I am still learning the rules I know enough to see when a side is not gelling as a team and that side just isn't.

That's an accurate call, but don't worry about R'wick too much. They often start the season slow, but will get sorted over the next few weeks. The trial form was pretty up and down, and last week was ugly. Had enough opportunities to score a few more tries, but last pass execution was dodgy - either passing too early, too late or not at all. You could see from the stand that Josh Holmes was going to milk the short side off the Rats scrum in that last minute - Wicks backrow didn't read it, and Clint Sills had no chance to prevent the try with 2 on 1. Wicks have new coach, new no. 10... they'll click over the next few weeks. A few changes this week will strengthen team against Parra. Big one is Toby Browne back in at no. 12. he'll add a bit of organisation and direction.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Manly 55
Warringah 12

Norths 10
West Harbour 22

Penrith 23
Gordon 28

Souths 24
Easts 19

Uni 27
Eastwood 45

Parramata 19
Randwick 59

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Great day at Manly Oval today. Warringah were down by a point at halftime. 13 to 12. It was all Marlins after this, as was the case in 6 out of 7 games. The Rats are garbage.

S

scampi

I was there - the Rats are not garbage. The Marlins are an exceptional side, quite clearly they are a class above everybody else and so they should be with the talent they have bought. There is no doubt that they will win the Shute Shield.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Deja vu all over again for the Woodies, thrashing the publicly funded Students Incorporated at the Pigsty.

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
I was there - the Rats are not garbage. The Marlins are an exceptional side, quite clearly they are a class above everybody else and so they should be with the talent they have bought. There is no doubt that they will win the Shute Shield.

Will that include the S15 strength Sydney Uni in September?

T

truckandtrailor

I was there - the Rats are not garbage. The Marlins are an exceptional side, quite clearly they are a class above everybody else and so they should be with the talent they have bought. There is no doubt that they will win the Shute Shield[/B].

hahahaha No doubt??? Mmmmmmmm.... I would say there is still quite a lot of doubt.... it is only the second round....! I must admit they do have the potential to win it this year... but when Sydney Uni turns into the TAHS in September, the whole comp changes.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)

I also was there and to lose the second half 42 - 0 is not the efforts of a side going in the right direction.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Anyone out at the Uni Vs Eastwood game just looking for a quick report sounds like the woods really gave it to them... Bruce Ross??

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Very disappointing display by Uni in terms of option taking and defensive structure. Eastwood were much more focussed and made the most of their opportunities.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Very disappointing display by Uni in terms of option taking and defensive structure. Eastwood were much more focussed and made the most of their opportunities.

Yeah alittle more detail please Bruce, having a look at the teams i would have thought the Eastwood backs would have been dominate but the forwards being even with Uni being dominate at set piece? and did all the sevens guys play? i know Uni have alot of them

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Anyone out at the Uni Vs Eastwood game just looking for a quick report sounds like the woods really gave it to them... Bruce Ross??

I might be old, rugbyvet, but I'm not simple. I try to oblige members when they ask for information but I chose to answer your question with the basic details:

How hard it must be for uni....they will now have to compete with only a handfull of contracted players and the rest amateur players- must be hard
oh wait thats what every other club has been doing for past 6years.....fortunatly they still have unlimited resources and Super 14 level coach so they may just survive

Why would you need to single me out for a match report, especially as:

I am a eastwood fan and get to most of their games and they always seem to perform

If you weren't at the game, presumably there are any number of Eastwood supporters you know whom you could have asked if you genuinely wanted information.

Chronicle

Chris McKivat (8)
I might be old, rugbyvet, but I'm not simple. I try to oblige members when they ask for information but I chose to answer your question with the basic details:

Why would you need to single me out for a match report, especially as:

If you weren't at the game, presumably there are any number of Eastwood supporters you know whom you could have asked if you genuinely wanted information.
Bruce my apology if previous comment has offended, it was not the intent more a light hearted response given your affinity with the Uni cause. As you would be aware there is little or no reporting of the Shute Sheild matches which are not the subject of the delightful ABC coverage and I was hoping that you may be able to provide some detail regarding the game as I was not able to attend.
If there are any Eastwood supporters out there happy to hear their opinions too.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Sorry to offend you Bruce i am reasonably new to this stuff and i actually really enjoy your posts and you always put forward a in depth analysis of the games/ rugby ideas. Plus i knew from your posts you would probably be at the game.
Yes i am a Eastwood fan and get to a most of their home games unfortunatly travel is a bit of a problem for me at moment so i havent seen this new eastwood team perform bar last weeks ABC game.
In regard to Uni i will admit to not being their biggest fan but that could be be due to alittle bit of jealously and that grand final a few years ago when you put 50 on us.

Apologies again and no malice was meant just keen to hear your views.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Apologies reciprocated, rugbyvet. This morning I composed a long reply using up time I don't have, then pressed the "Go Advanced" button to check the post, only to be informed that "the token has expired" and all my paragraphs were lost.

I tried to post this comment numerous times around 9am with the same result

FMH, that's made my day.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)

Oh dear say it isn't so!

I wonder how the guys at clubrugby.com.au will feel after constantly giving it to Souths and the constant 'open chequebook' talk.

D

DEER HUNTER

if you miss the game on the abc on sat arvo is there somewhere else you can get a hold of the game to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.