• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Sevens Lead In and Olympics 2024

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Make that 4 times they’ve handed over possession from a restart…

well hopefully they regroup before the bronze medal

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Fuck me ever heard of catching the ball? That was just such an Australian rugby performance in the second half.

Neo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Farken embarrassing

Such an easy skill to practise and they butchered 4 restarts in a row.Woeful.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeesh. Some dire execution there in the rain. Got a couple of poor decisions as well when on attack.

Still, they've exceeded my expectations for this campaign. It was a good run.

Not sure we can beat the boks

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeesh. Some dire execution there in the rain. Got a couple of poor decisions as well when on attack.

Still, they've exceeded my expectations for this campaign
I dunno man. If you make it as far as a semi surely you put in a bit more of an effort than that? Surely you don't have to be that good at sevens to catch a restart.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Clearly something of a fluke we made it to a semi eh.

Not at all. We just executed against Argentina and the USA very well.

It follows the pattern of recent history where we are in most games and then fluff our lines - the sort of consistency of the wallabies have lacked as well

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I dunno man. If you make it as far as a semi surely you put in a bit more of an effort than that? Surely you don't have to be that good at sevens to catch a restart.

Read what I typed out: they have exceeded my expectations.

By that I mean they have gotten further in the tournament than I thought they would

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Read what I typed out: they have exceeded my expectations.

By that I mean they have gotten further in the tournament than I thought they would
Yeah.. I guess what i mean is that they have both exceeded and still failed to meet expectations. Like, if you arent that great you probably wont make a semi but if you do you probably won't do that.

Anyway whatever I've had too many whiskys.

Pokinacha

Ron Walden (29)
Re the restarts, they were being pestered by the Fijians and, if I’m honest, in a way that the ref could have blown up. When they’re in no real position to compete for the ball..

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
This. Dry track, I just feel the result would have been a lot closer.

Tuwai, though, is going to create opportunities in any conditions.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)
That’s gutting for the boys. Not sure we could say Aus deserved a medal but can’t help feeling that devastation.
Agreed. I think the nature of that loss to Fiji and the card against RSA will make them feel like they didn't show their best.

In the Bronze game, before Malouf was shown the red card, I swear the RSA pass over Tuners head was well forward (at ~12:40mins on the replay) before RSA score their second try. I don't watch enough sevens, but surely that only being like two I think phases before the try should have meant it was looked at?

Anyway, Australia did the opposite of what they needed. Too many mistakes (the restarts were dire). And as I said earlier, Toole anad Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) were a point of difference right to the end (that solo Toole try almost got us within a whisker of a Bronze). I think unfortunately for our boys the other three teams above us were just better.

Last edited:

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
I do hate ref bashing but the knock on call against us that wasn't was the turning point against the Saffas.

It led to the play that resulted in the red card & try. We should never have been in that situation in the first place....

Serge

Fred Wood (13)
I do hate ref bashing but the knock on call against us that wasn't was the turning point against the Saffas.

It led to the play that resulted in the red card & try. We should never have been in that situation in the first place....
And that follow on try was from a very clear forward pass not called. Another Bok try was from a tackle on Lawson that seemed to hit Lawson in the same place that Malouf got red carded for but not called. Tough day of decisions for the boys.