• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Scott Higginbotham - Liverpool kiss on McCaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
So really Hiiginbotham should really try to take his head off with a flying fist, elbow or even headbutt Saint Keven style & he would get the same suspension.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
What a joke.

Greyling - diving forearm to the head of a prone defenceless player.
Higginbotham - knee and headbutt to player.
Ioane - strong tackle.

Gee, I wonder which one of these got 5 weeks, and which ones got 2 each...

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
I watched the game again yesterday. McCaw strips Higgenbottom of the ball in about the 13th?? minute. I had to wonder if he was a tad annoyed about the indignity and let it spill over.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
There are fairly serious discounts available for contrition and first offence.

Judiciaries come down fairly severely on serial offenders.

I have no problem with that basic philospohy.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
No it's not. Same amount of time but for two indiscretions.

Parallel schmarallel.

Judiciary. Broken.

Etzebeth got 2 weeks for the 1 indiscretion did he not?

Higgers got 4 weeks for 2 indiscretions.....

I wont disagree that the judiciary is an embarrassment to the sport though.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
If you sentence by no. of games then you can potentially serve 2 games in one week if you were eligible for test and provincial games that week. Then how do you differentiate between those likely to play a test match and rookies that have zero % chance of playing for the wallabies. do you count a rookie for missing out on playing a test match. I think weeks is cleaner, simpler

Not in this case. He sentenced for 2 x 2 week periods to be served concurrently. Then decided that within those 2 weeks he wouldn't miss a game so made it an 'effective' 4 weeks.

He essentially changed the week sentencing to ensure it was a match sentencing!

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not in this case. He sentenced for 2 x 2 week periods to be served concurrently. Then decided that within those 2 weeks he wouldn't miss a game so made it an 'effective' 4 weeks.

He essentially changed the week sentencing to ensure it was a match sentencing!

Im just wondering whether he was actually sentenced to '2 week cumulative', and someone's got their terminology wrong. ? not sure

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I agree that the judiciary is a lottery but I can't agree with Higgers being cited for two indiscretions. The alleged "knee" was a joke, as was Richie's reaction to it, which ironically led to the head butt. How you can call the "knee", striking is beyond me.

The head butt was at a level of stupidity that is thankfully not often seen and deserves a decent suspension. But in terms of consistency, two weeks/games/whatever is appropriate (al la Etzebeth).

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
He's been banned for 2 weeks, where those 2 weeks are the next two matches. So, applied concurrently, but applying the SANZAR provision to schedule those weeks so they count.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
M

Muttonbird

The alleged "knee" was a joke, as was Richie's reaction to it, which ironically led to the head butt. How you can call the "knee", striking is beyond me.

Watch it again, bro. It was premeditated and very deliberate. Sir Richie didn't strike back in the slightest.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I agree that the judiciary is a lottery but I can't agree with Higgers being cited for two indiscretions. The alleged "knee" was a joke, as was Richie's reaction to it, which ironically led to the head butt. How you can call the "knee", striking is beyond me.

The head butt was at a level of stupidity that is thankfully not often seen and deserves a decent suspension. But in terms of consistency, two weeks/games/whatever is appropriate (al la Etzebeth).

In retrospect, he should have got a longer sentence for hitting like a back

A girly knee and rubbish head butt - what have Australian forwards become?

Status
Not open for further replies.