• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Scott Higginbotham - Liverpool kiss on McCaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So, about where most thought. Probably about right, given his clean record. So back for Wales / England?? , er, I mean Italy / Wales.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
So it isn't two weeks concurrently at all it is 4 weeks or two matches.

What a nuts explanation!

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I bet Gregor Paul's busily having a sook right now and all of NZ will read about it in the morning....

Fair enough ban for what he actually did.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So it isn't two weeks concurrently at all it is 4 weeks or two matches.

What a nuts explanation!
It certainly is an assault on common sense and good English, trying to understand the wording of that statement.
I mean, it is effectively 4 weeks(not matches), which is how I read it, which I thought was about what he would get, given his record. 2 weeks is pretty bloody lucky.

D

daz

Players like McCaw get sorted out.

qwerty51, I love your optimism, but can you just let me know exactly when Richie will get sorted out?

He has won every trophy on the planet and will go down as one of the greatest All-Blacks ever, as well as making the IRB Rugby world XV team of the millenium.

When he retires in a year or two, he will be knighted and have free beer and virgins thrown at him everywhere he goes.

So, umm, just let me know when Richie gets sorted out so I can pop up and say "neener neener neener!"

That'll teach him, the cheating bastard.

:rolleyes:

T

Train Without a Station

yeah nugget, I had a nice chuckle when I read qwerty's post. Very droll indeed qwerty.

D

daz

Dammit. That's twice. I got caught out by Gagger pulling the same line on twitter.

I shall mention the line about fools, same inputs and differing outcome expectations about myself before anyone else does.

As Ned said, c'est la vie and all that.

:confused:

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
I bet Gregor Paul's busily having a sook right now and all of NZ will read about it in the morning..

Really, you think that of GP? I think he's the best NZ rugby scribe going. Couldn't believe it when I found out he's a sweaty!

4 weeks seems about right - given clean record and any real lack of intent.

T

Train Without a Station

Does anybody else find it a little ridiculous that they sentence in weeks, not games when you consider the non uniform nature of team's draws?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Does anybody else find it a little ridiculous that they sentence in weeks, not games when you consider the non uniform nature of team's draws?
Yep.
Also it's 2 weeks and 2 weeks, but at the same time, so it's 2 weeks, but he's been a good boy, so it's still 2 weeks, but then he misses nothing, so it's really 4 weeks.o_O
Yes Minister Judiciary.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
If you sentence by no. of games then you can potentially serve 2 games in one week if you were eligible for test and provincial games that week. Then how do you differentiate between those likely to play a test match and rookies that have zero % chance of playing for the wallabies. do you count a rookie for missing out on playing a test match. I think weeks is cleaner, simpler

T

Train Without a Station

considering there is a break in super rugby for test matches, and that only players not selected for test matches play currie and itm cups, i disagree that weeks are cleaner or simpler.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)

There's provision under the IRB regulation to sentence in either weeks or games and also provision for them to delay the start of the suspension so the player isn't serving it during the off season. They also stipulate that it can't be served during friendly matches or games that team arrange to try to get it over quicker.

There's a lot of scope in the IRB regulation but I think we'd all be happier if they were more rigid so we could get more consistent outcomes.

Agree it would be much simpler to just say 2 games and not have it in weeks. But as long as there's a choice then they seem to go for weeks. They could even use games for short/medium suspension and weeks for the really serious stuff like bloodgate.

I'm pretty happy with the law change trials that are going on up here on the field but I'd love to see the IRB announce a review/changes of this off-field stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.