• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC - New Zealand v France - 24th September

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay

60800 in the crowd. Le Frogge supporters very vocal. Wouldn't think it was a home game for the Darkness.

Well, over the last 4 matches in France the average scoreline is 39-8 to the AB's, so you might be onto something.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Drop kick Carter. The Lords of Darkness must have issued the directive to be clinical and leave nothing to chance.

Take the points that are available. Do not allow the French any momentum.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Dagg limping, Thomson went down holding his knee.

EDIT: looking at the replay I just think Thomson had his leg caught in between a couple of players & just got stuck, at least it looked that way to me. Didnt see what happened to Dagg.

J

Jay

Dagg limping, Thomson went down holding his knee.

EDIT: looking at the replay I just think Thomson had his leg caught in between a couple of players & just got stuck, at least it looked that way to me. Didnt see what happened to Dagg.

Thomson's injury looked nasty.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thomson's injury looked nasty.

I hope for his sake its alright he's had a few injuries lately. He may well have hyperextended it which never feels good.

Interesting try decision there for Fra but NZ hit back again with SBW, my NZ by 20 seems to be pretty spot on pending the conversion.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Masterful manipulation of the ref there by Sir Richie. Lucky he wasn't penalized himself for not binding properly.
Didn't change Mr Rollands mind though regarding the French try.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The booing crowd doesnt seem to realise no offside rules in general play.

EDIT: Dagg has ice bag on the quad it looks like. A couple of worries there for NZ but no where near the damage the Wallabies got, by comparison.

J

Jay

I hope for his sake its alright he's had a few injuries lately. He may well have hyperextended it which never feels good.

Interesting try decision there for Fra but NZ hit back again with SBW, my NZ by 20 seems to be pretty spot on pending the conversion.

Interesting meaning "Total bullshit from the Paul Honniss book of bullshit".

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Did anyone feel that sudden gust of wind from the East?

I think it might be the release of 4 million collective sighs of relief after Thompson scored first.

The incoming wind was assisted by the sucking in of wind from the bookies, who must have had Thompson at fairly long odds as the first point scorer.
Full time.
Another gust of wind felt as another collective "phew" from 4 million Kiwis is issued as the Darkness remove the French bogieman from their throats.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
NZ scrum did not look great.

I noticed that too, Woodcock seems to be attracting a few penalties, with good cause cause I'm sure he was the one going down first a few times. Maybe someone thats not a backrower could tell me about the technicalities of scrummaging if I'm wrong to suggest Woodcock is at fault but he sure as hell looked like the problem to me.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah, true, but whenever we lose a few scrums it is said that we were pumped. They were under immense pressure when Woodock gave away a few consecutive penalties.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Yeah, true, but whenever we lose a few scrums it is said that we were pumped. They were under immense pressure when Woodock gave away a few consecutive penalties.

We got a couple of scrum penalties in the first half, they got a couple in the second.

Generally, the Frogs were going backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.