• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC - New Zealand v France - 24th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Remember 1999. Les AB's thought they had the game in the bag at 1/2 time and went to sleep. No chance that year for the Darkness to blame Suzie the Waitress (1995) or the referee (2007). They self destructed when Les Bleu did not respect the hard earned lead that the Darkness established.

The Goddess of the Oval Ball (AKA The Fat Lady) is a cruel mistress and it ain't over until she belts out an aria after 80 minutes (100 minutes at Concord !)

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
I don't think French have really dropped the bundle.

The NZRT are strangling them of possession, so there is no surprise that they are behind on the scoreboard.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out in the first 10 minutes after oranges. That will probably determine the final result.

Not sure that the NZRT are comfortably home yet.

Dirty play Black 6 lucky not to be carded.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
The higher the stakes, the more one-eyed the NZ commentators seem to become.
To be fair though, this is probably true of a lot of commentators.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

The NZRT are strangling them of possession, so there is no surprise that they are behind on the scoreboard.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out in the first 10 minutes after oranges. That will probably determine the final result.

Dirty play Black 6 lucky not to be carded.
You kidding? Did you actually see it? Acting of the highest order. Slightly silly at worst from Kaino.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
There wasnt a huge amount of contact there from Kaino but he just didnt need to do that.

Hoping the French hang in there & close the scoreline a bit more. 19-3 NZ.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think the citing commissioner may have something to say about that.

France now 3 points - 19. Has Suzie the Hostess been sent to the NZRT dressing rooms with the Oranges?

Oranges Now. France are not out of this game.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

France now 3 points - 19. Has Suzie the Hostess been sent to the NZRT dressing rooms with the Oranges?

Oranges sprinkled with powdered suger...or perhaps anthrax.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

I'm pretty sure the citing commissioner won't, actually.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
You kidding? Did you actually see it? Acting of the highest order. Slightly silly at worst from Kaino.

Could be seen as acting and soft but I'm thinking of our yellow card in a Bled Cup a couple of years back for an equally soft bit of foul play - Was it Drew Mitchell's who got 10 minutes?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I forget his name but the French No.8 has made quite a few good runs this game, sometimes they've showed some good go forward & breakdown work but AB's just simply able to take the opportunities when on offer & do some good counter attacking in open play.

J

Jay

Remember 1999. Les AB's thought they had the game in the bag at 1/2 time and went to sleep. No chance that year for the Darkness to blame Suzie the Waitress (1995) or the referee (2007). They self destructed when Les Bleu did not respect the hard earned lead that the Darkness established.

The Goddess of the Oval Ball (AKA The Fat Lady) is a cruel mistress and it ain't over until she belts out an aria after 80 minutes (100 minutes at Concord !)

Ah, but that day we had a bunch of back 3 guys out of position....looks at the current wings....shit.

J

Jay

Could be seen as acting and soft but I'm thinking of our yellow card in a Bled Cup a couple of years back for an equally soft bit of foul play - Was it Drew Mitchell's who got 10 minutes?

A decision that was widely condemned by everyone including POB?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Typical ABs; beaten in possession, territory and time spent in opposition 22, yet still winning.

The Soap Dodgers vs The Oaks today was a belting on the scoreboard.
Possession and field position were more or less equal. Unfortunately The Oaks missed 23 tackles to 6 for the Poms, lost 7 lineouts on their own throw and line breaks were 6 -0.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)

Bundle confirmed dropped.

Dagg in to make it 26 - 3 in first 10 minutes.

I think Susie went to the wrong dressing room.

Guess NZRT may be comfortably home

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Picamoles has been pretty good for France. France have had plenty of ball and field position, but they attack with slow lumbering forwards where they need pace and guile. France pack, Aus backs would be doing better with this amount of ball.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Weak as piss, Sir Richard, taking the kick.

Remember Steve Waugh at the SCG making his century at twilight on Day 4 of the NY test.
He could have blocked the last over and gone to stumps on 96 no. But no he went for it and got the necessary boundary.

Remember Skull calling it on 702 ABC radio. Gold

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Allez Les Bleu. Intercept and away they go. Game on.

1999 repeat? 29-10 to NZRT

This game may not be over yet.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
How good is the French Singing?

The RWC organisers may have banned the bagpipes, but they can not ban passion and the voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.