• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC FINAL - New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Utility

The HAKA is a ploy by the ABs to get them aroused - opposing teams should do what they want to achieve the same outcome - otherwise ban the Haka

I've never understood why it is discouraged. The HAKA is a challenge, the French faced up to it and boy did they back it up. If the likes of NZ and the Pacific nations are allowed to do a haka/war dance pre game, then the opposing nation should be able to respond at the very least by bridging the gap and showing they're not intimidated. Plus...it makes for great theatre!

S

Skippy

No it wasn't a subjective opinion. It was an opinion but it wasn't subjected. Why? Because for it too be a subjective opinion - it needs to personal, pertain to just that individual place excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes and by my recogning the moment others agree or contribute positively to his opinion it ceases to be 'subjective' .

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I've never understood why it is discouraged. The HAKA is a challenge, the French faced up to it and boy did they back it up. If the likes of NZ and the Pacific nations are allowed to do a haka/war dance pre game, then the opposing nation should be able to respond at the very least by bridging the gap and showing they're not intimidated. Plus...it makes for great theatre!
I agree Utility, French will probably be fined, I doubt it will worry them, and I bet almost every kiwi and ABs will applaud them for stepping up to challenge!!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
No it wasn't a subjective opinion. It was an opinion but it wasn't subjected. Why? Because for it too be a subjective opinion - it needs to personal, pertain to just that individual place excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes and by my recogning the moment others agree or contribute positively to his opinion it ceases to be 'subjective' .
That made no sense at all.

S

Skippy

An opinion is something one forms based on their knowledge, judgement, and personal experiences. You cant have an opinion if you ignore these things. Othewise it would be a fact, not an opinion.

Im of the thought that nothing is absolute, and thus opinions expressed are neither objective nor subjective. They are simply just 'opinion'.

The guy had an opinion about the game being rigged or suggested so. Others supported it... that means in my opinion and belief it is no longer subjective.

P

pete88

If the French are fined we should all pass the hat around.

I reckon they're financially better able to foot the bill than I am, I'll pass.

Also, holding hands while watching the Haka? I laughed.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Congrats new Zealand. Didn't play their best in the final (some backs looked like rabbits in headlights) but are the best team in the world by far over the last 4 year period.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
An opinion is something one forms based on their knowledge, judgement, and personal experiences. You cant have an opinion if you ignore these things. Othewise it would be a fact, not an opinion.

Im of the thought that nothing is absolute, and thus opinions expressed are neither objective nor subjective. They are simply just 'opinion'.

The guy had an opinion about the game being rigged or suggested so. Others supported it... that means in my opinion and belief it is no longer subjective.

OK - is that the kangaroo talking?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Must be an absolute dream come true for Donald. From fishing with your mates to kicking a World Cup Final winning penalty within the space of 2 weeks. Well done to him for holding his nerve under enormous pressure.

Although gutted for the French given their efforts. The AB I'm happy for the most is Stephen Donald, he has copped shit loads of abuse all for just one kick that he didnt put out. He's had entire facebook group pages dedicated to hating him. I couldnt be more happier to see him be in the winning team based on what he's been though.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Congratulations NZ on your win but much more congratulations to the French. They fronted up and played the better rugby within the laws of the game and were the team that deserved to win. France's game tonight was a class in how to earn true RESPECT.

Joubert, you have proven yourelf you to be a decent ref but tonight you were just Paddy's puppet. Shame on you and if I was France I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a personal appology from Paddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.