• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC FINAL - New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pete88

You're kidding right? Richie's no Quade.

In fairness he hit Parra about twice as hard as Quade hit Richie. But it was clearly accidental. Quade's was only probably accidental...

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
No mate, I think you need to brush up on what is subjective v constructive.

Put it this way - if I say 'Alien's exist' is that subjective because there is little to no concrete unchallenable proof to move it from subjective to construction (fact)? No. It's a personal opinion that many people will agree with and support and many won't. By having support and those who share that opinion it no longer is a subjective opinion. It is simply an opinion. To make it constructive I would need to 'prove' my opinion is a fact.

No one has suggested anything about 'irrational'. The opinion expressed was not subjective because like above, there were plenty of people who supported that opinion. Thus moving it from the realm of simply being a 'personally expressed' thought. To prove it is constructive - the poster would need to provide evidence to support it (Jouberts performance alone would not be enough I agree). So if it isn't constructive and it's not subjective - then it's simply 'opinion'.

I don't think you understand. Let me make it clear. All opinions are subjective.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
In fairness he hit Parra about twice as hard as Quade hit Richie. But it was clearly accidental. Quade's was only probably accidental...
Don't say that I said it was probably accidental once and all hell broke loose!

P

pete88

I forgot to add the fishing smiley.

Suspect all the fushes are too busy being happy about winning some game or other earlier to kick off about some little love tap from a bloke who's market price has halved and who won't be running until 2012.

S

Skippy

Rigged? I'm not so sure. But like I said in the other forum before it got deleted, the IRB need the All Blacks to be the best in the world. The All Blacks are the face of the game... and whilst in the past they could get away with being the no 1 team in the world for the past 24 years and people could understand not winning all those WCups - the bottom line is they needed to win this one. They are the face of the sport, they bring in the money, they simply needed to win. I'm not saying it was rigged but I'm pretty sure the powers that be would ensure the referee etc would view matters favourably for the Blacks - if indeed that did occur.

I remember years ago a family friend was invoved with well known tobacco brand who sponsored cricket and he told us the annual 3/4 team one day series was rigged to ensure Aus always made the final otherwise the 2 or 3 finals games would be a dud financially. And as I recall Aus only missed out 2 or 3 times in all those years on making the finals. Recent cricket bribery scandals and allegations all around the world from Cronje to Butt make me question if this is in fact the reality of sport in many way.

P

pete88

Rigged? I'm not so sure. But like I said in the other forum before it got deleted, the IRB need the All Blacks to be the best in the world. The All Blacks are the face of the game... and whilst in the past they could get away with being the no 1 team in the world for the past 24 years and people could understand not winning all those WCups - the bottom line is they needed to win this one. They are the face of the sport, they bring in the money, they simply needed to win. I'm not saying it was rigged but I'm pretty sure the powers that be would ensure the referee etc would view matters favourably for the Blacks - if indeed that did occur.

I remember years ago a family friend was invoved with well known tobacco brand who sponsored cricket and he told us the annual 3/4 team one day series was rigged to ensure Aus always made the final otherwise the 2 or 3 finals games would be a dud financially. And as I recall Aus only missed out 2 or 3 times in all those years on making the finals. Recent cricket bribery scandals and allegations all around the world from Cronje to Butt make me question if this is in fact the reality of sport in many way.

Is there any tinfoil left at your place Skippy? Do you use it for anything other than making hats?

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
What's that skip? no one understands what you're going on about? maybe it's because you're a kangaroo...

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
No... I'm not seeing what your seeing. I'm seeing McCaw going into a contest for the ball with a limp wrist... not a cocked fist intent on punching Parra. Accidental and wasn't the cause of the black eye/concussion.

Limp wristed? Just what are you suggesting???????

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd agree with this except that Rodney Blake went there and it did nothing for his forward play.

He's played a whole of 2 or 3 games for the rebels since he's been back, and he was pretty alright in the game I saw, before being dropped the next week.

M

Mojoman

Rigged? LOL thats hilarious.

AB's saved their shittest performance for the final but a 1 point win is still a win and we haven't won the RWC in 24 years.

Who would've thought Stephen Donald of all people would win the a game with a penalty? Well done for one of the worst players who's ever pulled on the 10 jersey for the All Blacks.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
No mate, I think you need to brush up on what is subjective v constructive.

Put it this way - if I say 'Alien's exist' is that subjective because there is little to no concrete unchallenable proof to move it from subjective to construction (fact)? No. It's a personal opinion that many people will agree with and support and many won't. By having support and those who share that opinion it no longer is a subjective opinion. It is simply an opinion. To make it constructive I would need to 'prove' my opinion is a fact.

No one has suggested anything about 'irrational'. The opinion expressed was not subjective because like above, there were plenty of people who supported that opinion. Thus moving it from the realm of simply being a 'personally expressed' thought. To prove it is constructive - the poster would need to provide evidence to support it (Jouberts performance alone would not be enough I agree). So if it isn't constructive and it's not subjective - then it's simply 'opinion'.

And I thought this was a rugby chat site, not the philosophers zone.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'd agree with this except that Rodney Blake went there and it did nothing for his forward play.

He's just one player though so maybe he's an outlier. I'd still like to see some more go up there, cant be too bad a gamble given we arent really doing too well in the forward department as it is in our current situation.

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
Mixed feelings after this final.

Great defence from the ABs but better team lost. If France landed the penalty from near halfway, then they looked good to win. At the time, I thought they should have kicked for the line - to keep te ABs on the back foot and deep in their teritory and had the 'gut' feel points would come.

Sadly I reckon the ref influenced the result by allowing the ABs an unhindered licence to slow/kill the Frech ball.

Tense contest - but feel a bit hollow about the result. Looking back, the French forwards will wonder how they feel asleep in the line out that led to the ABs try.

Status
Not open for further replies.