• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC FINAL - New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Buckhard - Your profile has you from Auckland. WTF are you doing in the f&*^ing chat room? Get out and celebrate with the rest of the Darkness. You earned it.

Probably celebrated early and taking a breather there before diving back in...

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
I really would have liked to seen someone, ANYONE, from the All Blacks team mention France in their post match interviews. I know that sometimes it can be a bit tokenistic, but in this case it was really warranted. Comes across as quite disrespectful.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I really would have liked to seen someone, ANYONE, from the All Blacks team mention France in their post match interviews. I know that sometimes it can be a bit tokenistic, but in this case it was really warranted. Comes across as quite disrespectful.

Read did and I think Donald did also. I missed the McCaw interview, and caught Henry's.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Read did and I think Donald did also. I missed the McCaw interview, and caught Henry's.
To be fair, both McCaw and Henry had to contend with Smithy trying to get down on bended knee to them - he was a tad over-excited and gushing, probably understandable, but he handled the interviews poorly. Also called Dusatoir "Thierry Henry" twice. The Read and Duck interviews were more relaxed. Read was very gracious when asked.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just watched the McCaw interview and have to agree Ian Smith was/is shocking. McCaw looked stuffed like he could barely talk.

I guess there's going to be a thousand interviews after the game when the emotions aren't as high and players can think a little clearer.

K

kiwicappersdad

Hope you're watching 'cross the Tasman, we've just finished a World cup
and we needed a goal kicker, so Steve Donald, he stepped up
In this moment of great tension, when they needed him the most
thought of all the gloating Aussies, and then hit it through the posts
Please enjoy it in Australia, watching limply on TV
'stead of being here in Auckland, where you would have liked to be
Just remember Mr Donald, whom you thought was not the strongest
And repeat the age-old saying, "He who laughs last laughs the longest!"

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
In a thread entitled NZ vs France, you come on and your first post is an ungracious fishing expedition about some perceived grievance you have about our treatment of your Mr Donald.

Read your own press, and they all say that the Duck was ostracised by the NZ Fans after the HK test. It wasn't Australians who drove him to sign a NH contract, but your own countrymen. I recommend that you post this gloating post on TSF or some other xenophobic self congratulatory web site.

M

Muttonbird

Oh well NZ have won 2, we've won 2 but at least we've always been the best team in the final

NZ now have the better record at rugby world cups.

The Wobbs should be happy with the crumbs off our plate this year. They've really come on.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
That poem would be a lot more witty if it wasn't for all the kiwis selling out one of their own, an all black and long time chiefs player, to the point he was ridiculed as Donald Duck, and there were people trying to rush him out of the country.

It was a sad and telling insight into a country I called home.

So Grats (again) Stephen Donald, well played. If you tire of kiwiland there is a welcome for you here.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
In that case NZ can lay some claim to Martin Johnson who played in the All Blacks u21 side (1990)

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Great game wasn't it? There was a bit of poor ping pong rugby but not as much as at the 2007 RWC Final when two boring teams tried to outbore each other.

Many of us said that the French had one good game in them in the RWC and they did. Most of us thought it would come from lightning strikes from the backs but the forwards were the heroes. They did something that Oz couldn't do in the semi: they competed well in the physical contests and got the reward of good ball.

Both teams were willing to send the ball wide and that was another difference from 4 years ago, but another factor in the comparison was in the laws.

I thought that the ELVs would get rid of negative play but I was wrong because the referees did not use the card sanctions, as people had forewarned. But the crackdown on the laws from the start of 2010 has worked a treat. Sure, like everybody else, I saw infractions in the final that were not sanctioned, but Stade de France in 2007 was like a killing field of ball compared to what we saw at Eden Park.

I see that there are two well done threads: one for each team but I'll give my congrats here.

Well done NZ for making your people happy in their year of adversity though it was a closer run thing than what anybody thought.

Well done to France who have had their own adversity, though within the team. To do what you have done in an intolerable circumstances is a rugby miracle. I hope the Wallabies are required to watch a recording of what you did up front: nothing fancy, just good hard yakka from guys playing well as a unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.