• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC FINAL - New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
NZ now have the better record at rugby world cups.

Nothing quite like a gracious kiwi winner eh? Bit of an oxymoron although there are a few exceptions here.

On to your comment - What parallel universe are you in? Stands at 2 each for Aus, SA & NZ. Took you long enough to catch up, you blokes have been dragging the SH percentages down for the last 24 years in terms of RWC performances.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
True but he was an All Black (sure it was a junior one but still).
As was Sekope Kepu, although he hasn't lifted Bill for his adopted country.

My rebuttal was against a claim that "NZ now have a better record at rugby world cups" not the "All Blacks now....", and my remark was "Australians who have ..." not "Wallabies who have...."

nuff said on the pedantics. Back to thread

J

Jay

It wasn't Australians who drove him to sign a NH contract, but your own countrymen.

It wasn't the NZ public either. He signed because he was on the outer with the national selectors and didn't think it was likely the 3 guys ranked ahead of him would all get injured in a 3 week period.

J

Jay

True but he was an All Black (sure it was a junior one but still).

To be completely pedantic, he wasn't an All Black. The junior sides aren't All Blacks, they're NZ Colts/NZ Under 21/20 representatives. Just like the national women's team isn't the Womens All Blacks and the 7's team isn't the All Blacks. Only the senior XV's side is the All Blacks. The second team is currently the Junior All Blacks and in the distant past that was also the name of the junior side, but to call someone an All Black they must have actually played for the full senior side.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
enjoyed the game

I though when Cruden went off and duck went on, there would have been sphincter rings across NZ palpitating, and the the French came back and it was game on.

Well deserved by NZ, they are the best team around.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Hope you're watching 'cross the Tasman, we've just finished a World cup
and we needed a goal kicker, so Steve Donald, he stepped up
In this moment of great tension, when they needed him the most
thought of all the gloating Aussies, and then hit it through the posts
Please enjoy it in Australia, watching limply on TV
'stead of being here in Auckland, where you would have liked to be
Just remember Mr Donald, whom you thought was not the strongest
And repeat the age-old saying, "He who laughs last laughs the longest!"

Don't be a cock. at least have an established presence on a forum before you start slagging off the host country.
Not that you will be reading this anyway. You will be a one post wonder.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
I really would have liked to seen someone, ANYONE, from the All Blacks team mention France in their post match interviews. I know that sometimes it can be a bit tokenistic, but in this case it was really warranted. Comes across as quite disrespectful.

Wow, gee we certainly noticed this and I thought it was shocking at this level not to talk about the fantastic Rugby that the Frence played.
I know they were excited but RESPECT please, dont forget to bring it with your boots as it is a big part of rugby culture.
Maybe it is just a case of 99% of kiwis forgetting where they have put their manners this week.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
It was a very exciting game.
After seeing 6 min of the French I felt they would win by two points.
Close, but no cigar.

We all wanted the French to turn up, and they sure did.
From the way they played I doubt that the Wallabies, if they had played the final, would have even scored.

I was very disapointed with the cheating and the ref choosing not to get involved in the game until half time.
However, it was fast gutsy edge of your seat rugby that was very enjoyable to watch.

Congrats to the ABs.
Well done France.

Now... on to the next comp and debate re task at hand; how to fix up the shambles that is the Wallabies.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Congrats to NZ. Deserving winners for the form over the tournament and for the last four years. The injuries to the two starting 10s really leveled the teams, France improved by Trinh-Duc coming on while NZ went backwards with McDonald despite the fact that he kicked the winning goal. The loose trios of both teams were enormous and their battle was probably the highlight of the game.

The AB's were strangely off their game with some uncharacteristic errors. I honestly think if you take McCaw out of this team, then france win last night, he is that important to holding the AB's together when things go against them.

France learned alot from the Aus mistakes from the semi and took clever tactics into the final. My only real criticism of their play was that I thought they should have kept the pressue on theAB's rather than going for long shot penalty attempts, at the very least they would have got themselves into prime position for a drop goal.

Anyway it was a great final, much to most peoples surprise.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
:)
Wow, gee we certainly noticed this and I thought it was shocking at this level not to talk about the fantastic Rugby that the Frence played.
I know they were excited but RESPECT please, dont forget to bring it with your boots as it is a big part of rugby culture.
Maybe it is just a case of 99% of kiwis forgetting where they have put their manners this week.
fanatic you obviouslt didn't listen to Read and Donald's inerview, but hey don't let the truth get in the way of a bit of kiwi bashing huh???:)

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
:)
fanatic you obviouslt didn't listen to Read and Donald's inerview, but hey don't let the truth get in the way of a bit of kiwi bashing huh???:)

NO I am not the one kiwi bashing here and I did listen to ALL THE INTERVIEWS and watched the game totally uninteruptedTWICE.

The tradition of the Captain and the Coach paying respect to the opposition was not respected.
simple.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
@Dam0 - You Sir are splitting hairs. :) (as am I)

Australians who have captained RWC Winning teams are:
David Kirk 1987
Nick Farr-Jones 1991
Nobody 1999
Argument still doesn't work, Kirk was not an Aussie citizen when he held up cup, but good shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.