• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC FINAL - New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chief

The French really stood up to the AB's challenge tonight. And I have to wonder how much that will cost them in fines from the IRB for daring to cross the halfway line for the Haka...

But I think it would be great to see some video analysis later in the week of the AB's work at the breakdown tonight, particularly on the last French attacking raids.

For tonight though I say congratulations to Sir Richard Mcaw. Or Captain McCawsome as he's now know and his All Blacks team - deserved World Champions...

And finally - a different sport entirely but RIP Marco Simoncelli.

If France get a fine for crossing that line, then it's an absolute joke. The IRB should pay them in the royalties that piece of footage will receive.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
His scrum refereeing was bewildering. France had the complete dominant scrum and they wanted to exploit that, however NZ showed that they couldn't sustain the hit. They folded like a cheap deck chair from Crazy Clarks. It was honestly absolutely ridiculous. Joubert just saw the ball could come out (eventually) and he didn't blow the penalty.

Yep, that was what stood out blatantly to me and what I cited in my 'The game is rigged' thread which was quickly deleted by the moderators with no explanation. Is G&GR rigged as well ? Deadset, this conspiracy goes all the way to the top !!

But honestly, explain it. The area where France had a clear advantage and Joubert completely takes it away ? You can't. The game is rigged.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
The Darkness have never looked so beatable in Victory. The monkey may be off their back, but his banana scented drool will taint their collars yet. WTF is with the French at WC's? I had a Citroen once and it was like this. Stylish, beautiful from the right angles, quirky, high maintenance, but on song, on its day, you'd not want to drive anything else. Until you got a repair bill. I love/hate the French. I'd feel better about the Darkness winning if their supporters and media hadn't been such churlish pricks to us for the whole tournament. They deserve a win, but this feels hollow and deserved and inevitable all at the same time. Somehow I can't feel any resentment though. Respect for les Bleus and the All Blacks. They put on a show that's for sure.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
A wonderful victory made only sweeter by all the bitter whinging. Thanks to the French. Could not have been more tense. Thanks to the gracious rugby realists.

Nice editing Blob..the "Fuck you to eveyone else".. has disappeared but not before my old Emu's mate Inside Shoulder snaffled it. Let us know when you expect to win a RWC away from home!

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
What a great game. I thought france had the better of it but nz stuck in their. Joubert let all sorts of illegal shit go but you can't really blame him for the loss. So close france - good on you for not buying into this whole respect thing and going out their and smashing the kiwi's. Congrats ted henry and nz, deserving victors after the effort you have put in over many years.

J

JLC

Should we be surprised that the players did not shake hands or in any way recognize each other after the final whistle? And none of the interviews I heard, mentioned the opposition. And, second observation: What will the Kiwis have to say about McCaw accidently kneeing Parra in the head. Maybe he thought it was Cooper?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I love how mungo journo Paul Kent gets on his high horse & says Quade would never make it in League cause he cant tackle & makes a huge deal about league & tackling then you see SBW's 'effort', Kent should have a look at one of leagues former 'stars' performance before he starts throwing shit around.

MoneyBillBillions missed a tackle to let Los Pumas in as well. He is pretty good at ITM cup, OK at Super level and against Minnow nations, and barely adequate at Tier 1 international level. He still has a fair amount of his apprenticeship to go.

Like many mungo converts, promises lots but failed to deliver.

The $BW question is will he hang around with the Darkness? He has hardly increased his market value.

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
If France get a fine for crossing that line, then it's an absolute joke. The IRB should pay them in the royalties that piece of footage will receive.

No they should not pay the fine, tell the IRB togo fuck themselves and get behind FIRA to breal away and run the game, much better organisation

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Nice editing Blob..the "Fuck you to eveyone else".. has disappeared but not before my old Emu's mate Inside Shoulder snaffled it. Let us know when you expect to win a RWC away from home!
He didn't edit it.

C

chriscullen

Thank god for that! My long suffering wife and kids can sleep easy. Highlight of my life!

eRaS

Frank Row (1)
Congratulations to France for showing their worth, and pushing New Zealand to the limit.

To the All Blacks, well done, well deserved. I challenge anyone to offer a team who is more deserving, and who has played consistently as well as the All Blacks have, during this competition.

For those few haters; I understand the animosity but it is undeserved. The game was fairly played and fairly refereed. The game was nothing but a reflection on the contest that still exists in rugby, and I for one am happy for it.

S

Skippy

Yep, that was what stood out blatantly to me and what I cited in my 'The game is rigged' thread which was quickly deleted by the moderators with no explanation. Is G&GR rigged as well ? Deadset, this conspiracy goes all the way to the top !!

But honestly, explain it. The area where France had a clear advantage and Joubert completely takes it away ? You can't. The game is rigged.

Mate, I can't believe that forum topic was deleted. Numerous people come on here and abuse others, say all manner of things yet censorship seems to be a matter of when it suits. There was nothing at all wrong with your post. It was an opinion expressed, it wasn't 'subjective' and was bound to get people contributing/talking. I'm disappointed with the site for talking this stance. I shall now make it my life mission to report everything and anything that steps outside the 10 commandments.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Mate, I can't believe that forum topic was deleted. Numerous people come on here and abuse others, say all manner of things yet censorship seems to be a matter of when it suits. There was nothing at all wrong with your post. It was an opinion expressed, it wasn't 'subjective' and was bound to get people contributing/talking. I'm disappointed with the site for talking this stance. I shall now make it my life mission to report everything and anything that steps outside the 10 commandments.

BY definition an opinion is subjective.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
:yay
I love graceless pricks, talk to us when you win one at home, hardest thing to do!!:yay

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The French really stood up to the AB's challenge tonight. And I have to wonder how much that will cost them in fines from the IRB for daring to cross the halfway line for the Haka...

But I think it would be great to see some video analysis later in the week of the AB's work at the breakdown tonight, particularly on the last French attacking raids.

For tonight though I say congratulations to Sir Richard Mcaw. Or Captain McCawsome as he's now known and his All Blacks team - deserved World Champions.

And finally - a different sport entirely but RIP Marco Simoncelli.

I find the Haka exciting but when the French responded the way that they did it gave me goosebumps, gave me a real "its gonna be on" feeling. The IRB should get stuffed with their piss ant fines. The haka in combination with an advancing team getting up close and personal is exciting & we need stuff like that in our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.