• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC FINAL - New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A wonderful victory made only sweeter by all the bitter whinging. Thanks to the French. Could not have been more tense. Thanks to the gracious rugby realists. Fuck you to everyone else.

Bitter whinging?

This has yet to get to the Bok level of whinging...

We need French officials to come out with tears still steaming down their cheeks before it get to the Bok level of whinging...

I don't see any armbands yet?

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
I would like to know how long it was that France held the AB's scoreless - must have been near 60 minutes.....great effort froggies- I didn't think that you had it in you.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well I just lost all my respect for Joubert. Shameful. Really Shameful. Gutless referring. He let the AB get away with murder all day, especially at the end.

I'm sorry but Kaino was grabbing the ball with with hands while the ruck was formed, and he gave us a scrum, not a penalty ? that's absolutely rediculous.

I've been a fan of Joubert but I just cant defend him after this game. Dont want to turn this into a huge blame the ref thing but christ I feel for France right now.

Anyone that complains about the Kiwis getting robbed in that other RWC by the French forward pass courtesy of Wayne Barnes can now be countered by the 50+ list of screw ups by Joubert in the 2011 RWC final.

I still say congrats to ABs, been the No.1 team for a long time, hard luck for Dan Carter to not have played out there. Lucky though, very, very, lucky. I guess this is a little how SA felt against us?

S

Skippy

I'm pretty sure McCaw said to the ref around the 75th minute mark when he got up off the floor - eye gouge. It was the ruck where Dusatoir gave him a little tap with his boots.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
I'd like to make a big call now on the Israel Dagg. His skill set will see him play 10 for NZ one day I reckon.

I don't know about 10 but if somebody selected him in their World XV, I wouldn't object. He's so bloody slippery as a ball runner, Houdinis his way out of tackles.

That's where the Kiwis are incredible. Muliana, superb forever, getting a bit too long in the tooth. They bring in Dagg who immediately performs at a world class level and revitalises their backline attack.

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Its a skill no other team has ever had, influencing a game like the ABs do and that has been ever since I have followed rugby. Until other teams master this they will always be the eminany team because unfortunately rugby is too dictated by whistle happy and inconsistant referees

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think the ref had absolutely everything to do with the result. There was a weakness to call a penalty to the French at the rucks and at the scrum. An absolute weakness.

Joubert..?? I'm sure it's a French word...certainly sounds like it....ah yes here it is in the French dictionary...always favour the home team!!

U

Utility

I thought the French were fantastic tonight.The French played for field possession, building up the phases, looking for a penalty but Joubert just didn't give them. The All Blacks choke looked like it was on and they really didn't seem to be handling the pressure (except for the likes of Dagg and Read) to well.
To me the Blacks did all they could to lose it and the French played to the best of there ability. A bit of extra class or a penalty here or there and i think the French take it.
Oh and Dousatoir is right up there with my favourite players now, he was absolutely immense, as was Harinordoquy.

U

Utility Back

A wonderful victory made only sweeter by all the bitter whinging. Thanks to the French. Could not have been more tense. Thanks to the gracious rugby realists. Fuck you to everyone else.

How is it whinging? Kind of neutrals here buddy.
Congrats.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
I thought the French were fantastic tonight.The French played for field possession, building up the phases, looking for a penalty but Joubert just didn't give them. The All Blacks choke looked like it was on and they really didn't seem to be handling the pressure (except for the likes of Dagg and Read) to well.
To me the Blacks did all they could to lose it and the French played to the best of there ability. A bit of extra class or a penalty here or there and i think the French take it.
Oh and Dousatoir is right up there with my favourite players now, he was absolutely immense, as was Harinordoquy.

Shows the importance of a hard nut forward pack. They were immense. Can't see oz taking the ABs in a world cup until they find that sort of hardness.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

can we have it without the condescension...I mean I'd settle for arrogance at this stage

Status
Not open for further replies.