• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC FINAL - New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
SBW missed a tackle.........not a rugby player!

I love how mungo journo Paul Kent gets on his high horse & says Quade would never make it in League cause he cant tackle & makes a huge deal about league & tackling then you see SBW's 'effort', Kent should have a look at one of leagues former 'stars' performance before he starts throwing shit around.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wallabies 2, Yarpies 2, ABs 2 (both at home), England 1 = Southern Hemisphere 6 v Northern Hemisphere 1

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Would anyone want to wear the All Black #10 after this tournament? 2 groins and a knee in a the space of a few weeks!

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't know about 10 but if somebody selected him in their World XV, I wouldn't object. He's so bloody slippery as a ball runner, Houdinis his way out of tackles.

That's where the Kiwis are incredible. Muliana, superb forever, getting a bit too long in the tooth. They bring in Dagg who immediately performs at a world class level and revitalises their backline attack.

That's where Henry was a fool. Dagg has been their best fullback for a couple of years.... he just had manwood for Mils

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I love how mungo journo Paul Kent gets on his high horse & says Quade would never make it in League cause he cant tackle & makes a huge deal about league & tackling then you see SBW's 'effort', Kent should have a look at one of leagues former 'stars' performance before he starts throwing shit around.

This is a good point: i have tried to make it to my deranged mate who thinks SBW would have to be the best thing in union because he was good at league. I have done a lot of thinking about why he is so poor.

My theory is that union is a game played in 360 degrees: the absence of a play the ball means that you dont get time to reset defence and so you may have to tackle anyone from any angle.
League on the other hand is played in 180 degrees at most.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
I'd like to make a big call now on the Israel Dagg. His skill set will see him play 10 for NZ one day I reckon.

He could do it with ease but would more look at doing it only if they are desperate in that position. Also haven't seen a 15 to replace him.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)

SBW game time 4 mins.. or am I exagerating a bit here?

C

chief

Now they reward that shit Joubert with a medal...or is it a biscuit?

There were 30 blokes on that field that deserved a medal. And two assistant referees who probably deserved a medal.

But Craig Joubert was utter rubbish tonight.

What many including I thought that this game would be decided on the back of Joubert's whistle. In the end it was decided on the back of what Joubert didn't whistle. France had a game plan which relied heavily on Joubert's refereeing. The All Blacks had their own game plan which relied on swaying the ref. As someone earlier alluded to the game became just like Bryce Lawrence referees is. A messy ruck. But say what you want about Brycey at least he's consistent. Joubert missed countless penalties at the ruck. I don't know whether I've seen so many All Blacks players offside tonight.

His scrum refereeing was bewildering. France had the complete dominant scrum and they wanted to exploit that, however NZ showed that they couldn't sustain the hit. They folded like a cheap deck chair from Crazy Clarks. It was honestly absolutely ridiculous. Joubert just saw the ball could come out (eventually) and he didn't blow the penalty.

Just in general play, he missed high tackles and swinging arms. Only worth penalties. But he missed them. He missed knock ons as well.

Joubert will go down as a puppet of NZ after this game. I'm not saying he was biased. I'm saying he was weak, and he was fooled by a couple of forwards like McCaw and Kaino who will go down as the best Hollywood never had.

It's dissapointing to see Joubert who moved away from the type of game which the teams had been used to, and he moved into some sort of Bryce Lawrence type of game. I applaud Lawrence for consistency.

Reality is. France were the better team.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The French really stood up to the AB's challenge tonight. And I have to wonder how much that will cost them in fines from the IRB for daring to cross the halfway line for the Haka...

But I think it would be great to see some video analysis later in the week of the AB's work at the breakdown tonight, particularly on the last French attacking raids.

For tonight though I say congratulations to Sir Richard Mcaw. Or Captain McCawsome as he's now known and his All Blacks team - deserved World Champions.

And finally - a different sport entirely but RIP Marco Simoncelli.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He could do it with ease but would more look at doing it only if they are desperate in that position. Also haven't seen a 15 to replace him.

he's an australian 5/8
why would you play your best running back at 5/8
i dont understand this obsession: it isnt working for us; your best running player does not play 5/8 he plays fullback.
its a simple rule.
we ignore it.
we suffer.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
They say 50% of people at any game think the Ref was crap. Now they have a voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.