• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hmmm, Joubert reffed the Bledisloe there too when we were well and truly pumped so plenty of similarities to that match now.

Hopefully that "dress rehearsal" stands us in better stead as QC (Quade Cooper) had a shocker that night too.

But he doesn't generally play 2 horrors in a row.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Joubert tends to allow the dominant team to get the advantage at the breakdown...

Australia are going to have to play a similar style to last week and flood the rucks with players...

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
I would have preferred Barnes as ref. The South African refs seem to have a pretty dim view of our scrum. In fairness history has given them good reason.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Joubert is one of the best going around. Very much in control and normally great positioning. Completely opposite to Lawrence.

He had a fantastic game on the weekend. We know he will favour the physically dominant team, so if we don't match or better the AB aggression then the decisions will go against us. Fair enough too.

I doubt he will smash our scrum like he did in Auckland a few years ago. That was the only performance I have seen of his where I thought there were a few preconceived ideas.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I'm sure that after the game McCabe was out tackling brick walls for enjoyment...

He's so tough he has a moustache of Springbok blood after he tackled 15 of them in one tackle:

128796008.jpg

Look into those eyes.

He was mad he had to come off. He still had one good shoulder to use...

Careful, your "passion" is showing.

C

chief

Joubert is one of the best going around. Very much in control and normally great positioning. Completely opposite to Lawrence.

He had a fantastic game on the weekend. We know he will favour the physically dominant team, so if we don't match or better the AB aggression then the decisions will go against us. Fair enough too.

I doubt he will smash our scrum like he did in Auckland a few years ago. That was the only performance I have seen of his where I thought there were a few preconceived ideas.

Joubert has absolutely no idea what goes on at the scrum. Reality is there are only two who do. Wayne Barnes and Romain Poite.

Wallabies have had barely any success under Joubert lately.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I thought kepu should have come off earlier on the weekend. Slippers can handle the preassure and we cant risk ma'food in the semis. Hope he is okay to start.

Reactions: BPC

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Yea, a review would be good. Not just from the Wallabies POV, but good to see what the All Blicks will be worrying about/or looking forward to about Joubert.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Joubert started this year in OK form but has now really gotten into my good books. He's turned in a few great performances of late. He enforces most ruck rules except for daylight rule. Clean miss on that last year vs England lead to chris ashton scoring under the posts.

He's a hell of a lot better than Lawrence anyway.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
My daughter discovered this during a research for an assignment:

At the 1999 RWC, the IRB created a rule to the effect that a referee was not to be appointed to a match in which the winning team might next play a team from his homeland.

In their selection of the officials to run the quarter-finals matches this weekend, the panel has allowed several breaches of the 1999 ruling. Bryce Lawrence, a New Zealander, is refereeing Australia versus South Africa. The winner of this match could play New Zealand, if the All Blacks defeat Argentina. It is immaterial that Wallabies prop Ben Alexander says he is happy with Lawrence's officiating. The fact is that the appointment is contrary to the IRB's own processes. Why is Englishman Wayne Barnes an assistant referee in the Ireland-Wales match when the winner could play England? Why are the Irishmen Alain Rolland and George Clancy assistant referees for England versus France when the winner could play Ireland? Why are the South Africans Jonathan Kaplan an assistant referee and Shaun Vedsmannthe TMO for the New Zealand versus Argentina match when the winner could play South Africa?

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/r...s-own-rules-20111007-1ldj2.html#ixzz1aMNjylMd

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I like Daz's quote "You could pluck a native from the Amazon jungle and give him a whistle. Someone somewhere will find a way to accuse him of bias."

Pity his nerves have got to him.

I just can't deal with these forums right now. Not because I don't want to talk to you all, but because I just cannot deal with the emotional stress that the Wobs are putting me through.

The Saffa game fucking near ended me. I'm just mentally unbalanced and irrational for the time being......well, more than normal.

I'll be back for the wrap up in 2 weeks....Go Gold.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
To be quite honest, I not to worried which Ref we get, would prefer that Nigel Owens was left out but don't think I'll lose sleep over it.

As an AB supporter, I'm a bit more worried about getting through game without losing another 10.

There is not a snowballs chance in hell we will get Barnes. They woudlnt risk that especially if there was a mistake by Barnes and Aus won.

There would be riots

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
Hmmm, Joubert reffed the Bledisloe there too when we were well and truly pumped so plenty of similarities to that match now.

Hopefully that "dress rehearsal" stands us in better stead as QC (Quade Cooper) had a shocker that night too.

But he doesn't generally play 2 horrors in a row.

when did Quade last have a good game for the wobs? SA at home in the tri nations?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The New Zealand public (and maybe the NZRU) seem to be destroying careers of referees everywhere.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
My daughter discovered this during a research for an assignment:

We discussed that article in another thread.

Everyone can decide for themselves. But if they think enforcing more restrictions on referee selection is always going to give us better referees than Bryce, consider that we could have had a good referee like Joubert for our game against SA if it wasn't for restrictions. They work both ways.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
This match is going to be awesome.

Will be interesting to see how Elsom & Pocock go against Kaino & McCaw. Joubert won't let them get away with too much shit in the breakdown, which can only be a good thing for Australia. If Genia outplays Weepu I think we will take this one, line-out needs some work but I don't think they are going to be stronger than the South African scrum.

i think pocock is now the biggest cheater at the breakdown in the world now. Yesterday vs boks showed this.

The NZ set piece is very efficient, the best in the tournament according to the stats. We will attack your lineout although we can only really do that at the back as Thorn aint going to be taking to many off the throw. Our scrum has got better as Woodcock's form has improved so this will be an area where we can attack although the Aus scrum has improved so it wont be dominant like the last couple of years.

NZ need to play a tighter, more direct game plan than the lateral one we have played against you guys recently and get more numbers to the breakdown. If we do that we have a good chance. I am pleased McCaw, Read and Kaino have had a game together now, a big step u is required from these guys.

Quite happy with Cruden, steeped up well at the wknd and is in form. His distance kicking has improved but with Weepu and Dagg we can share it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.