• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Slade and Mils out for the All Blacks

ABs call up Hosea Gear & The Duck!

http://www.theroar.com.au/2011/10/10/all-blacks-call-in-donald-and-gear-for-slade-muliaina/

Reminds me of the not so distant old days when Randwick was over run with halfback talent.
First Grade: George Gregan (he didn't play too many games for them, although I am told he remained registered with the wicks as a player throughout)
Second Grade: Chris Whittaker (Test Player, Super 12 player, sometime waratah captain)
Third Grade: Patrick Phibbs (Super 12 professional with Brumbies)
Fourth Grade: ??? A.N. Other (for most of the year when the representative rock star halfbacks were away on rep duties, A.N. Other, the fourth best #9 on the club books, played First Grade)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Apparently McCabe is fine, but there are concerns over Beale and Kepu now...

Wallabies sweat on Beale and Kepu Georgina Robinson
October 10, 2011 - 1:52PM.

Kurtley Beale and Sekope Kepu will have scans on their injuries this week to determine their World Cup fates.

Kepu rolled his ankle during Australia's brutal quarter-final clash with the Springboks in Wellington yesterday, while Beale strained his hamstring.

Coach Robbie Deans said both needed scans but the injuries did not appear to be "grave".

"[Kepu] rolled his ankle but first reports are that it's not syndesmosis (a high ankle sprain), which is a good starting point because that's the sinister ankle injury," he said.

In some good news for the Wallabies' back line, Pat McCabe's shoulder injury has turned out not to be as bad as first thought.

"Pat's good. He's recovered very well. His strength has come back quickly," Deans said.

"He got a couple of stingers and obviously he wasn't comfortable at the time so we withdrew him from the game at that point but he's recovered very well."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...le-and-kepu-20111010-1lgvh.html#ixzz1aLbCOVBY

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
In regards to QC (Quade Cooper), he is the most overrated Test player. No sure why he cannot convert his form from QLD but he simply doesn’t. Besides England I, 2010 and NZ II, 2011 I can’t ever remember him ever playing well enough for Australia to overcome his defensive frailties.

I'm starting to agree. Tackle-wise he seems to be persisting with trying to rip the ball from the tackled player rather than taking him down. It's worked for him before i think.....once back in the early stages of the Super XV.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
When do we find out about the referee appointments?

Hopefully we get Wayne Barnes, and not Craig Joubert.

I'm sure the AB supporters will be wishing for the opposite.
To be quite honest, I not to worried which Ref we get, would prefer that Nigel Owens was left out but don't think I'll lose sleep over it.

As an AB supporter, I'm a bit more worried about getting through game without losing another 10.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Pleased to see Gear is in the squad. I thought he should have been there ahead of Toeava. Will keep Jane on his toes too.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Christ, I hope McCabe's shoulder really is fine. It looked like he was in a fair amount of trouble during the game and it surely can't be any better than it was when he ran on.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm sure that after the game McCabe was out tackling brick walls for enjoyment...

He's so tough he has a moustache of Springbok blood after he tackled 15 of them in one tackle:

128796008.jpg

Look into those eyes.

He was mad he had to come off. He still had one good shoulder to use...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
It is an interesting little nugget, nugget. However, there's also the record no World Cup winner has lost a match along the way. Those two historical trends will go head to head at Eden Park next week with only one remaining true at full time.

No they only go head to head once we're in the final dont they?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If we beat NZ then a team that lost a pool game has to win the RWC for the first time ever.

If we lose to NZ, then the team that knocked out the defending champs hasn't won the RWC.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
call me crazy but I could see Aus and NZ beating the F**k out of eachother in this game, in a manner similar to the two games yesterday, leaving the door open for a less injury depleted Wales to take the cake. (yes i think wales will be france)
Starting to very seriously envy a guy i know who put money on a wales/nz final before the start of the cup! must have paid an absolute bonza.

B

Blob

Hopefully we get Wayne Barnes, and not Craig Joubert.

I'm sure the AB supporters will be wishing for the opposite.

Why? I reckon most don't give a shit. I know I don't. The ref is the ref; just a something to take account of as you play the game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hot off the press.

Referee: Craig Joubert
AR1: Nigel Owens
AR2: Romain Poite

Rolland is reffing the other game.

Very surprised not to see Barnes or Kaplan. One of them will have the final, but one missed out completely.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
This match is going to be awesome.

Will be interesting to see how Elsom & Pocock go against Kaino & McCaw. Joubert won't let them get away with too much shit in the breakdown, which can only be a good thing for Australia. If Genia outplays Weepu I think we will take this one, line-out needs some work but I don't think they are going to be stronger than the South African scrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.