• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
But once again (assuming no KB (Kurtley Beale)) we have 2 numpties outside Quade,he will be forced to overplay his hand and will once again cop all the Flak on Monday.Deans is truly an appalling coach and leaves his young talents horribly exposed.TheABs will score tries-they are not the Boks-so our gameplan must be to score more than them.Not with this team.With a monumental performance from our Pigs,a few flashes of brilliance(Brisbane won like this,no great free flowing Rugby) and a dose of ticker we can do this but Deans will not deserve any credit.We could have a much better team on the park but the guy is pigheaded.

Isn't one of these numpties QC (Quade Cooper)'s centre from the Reds, the same one most one eyed Qld supporters have been claiming should have been starting in Test matches all year because of his understanding with QC (Quade Cooper)?
QC (Quade Cooper) has been playing like a busted arse all tournament, a lot of his plays that have worked in super footie have come unstuck at this level.
This bullshit about Ewen being a better coach because he has structures that support QC (Quade Cooper) is a fallacy.
yeah he backed QC (Quade Cooper) all year, not unlike he did with KB (Kurtley Beale) at the Tahs.
sceptics could say he did nothing more than coach under 10's style, give the ball the the star.
You might recall at his times with the Tahs KB (Kurtley Beale) was brilliant but played for himself more than made room for his outside backs.
In the final when KB (Kurtley Beale) was injured the game was lost, because they had no game other than give it to KB (Kurtley Beale).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Pre Match Motivation

What the Dingo needs to say on A Given Sunday at 5 minutes to 7

http://www.hark.com/clips/ljpqdkjvxs-inch-by-inch-speech-full

[video=youtube;3ZtVnDjSSuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZtVnDjSSuA[/video]

"I don't know what to say really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives all comes down to today. Either we heal as a team or we are going to crumble. Inch by inch play by play till we're finished. We are in hell right now, gentlemen believe me and we can stay here and get the shit kicked out of us or we can fight our way back into the light.

We can climb out of hell. One inch, at a time. Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around and I see these young faces and I think I mean I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.

I uh.... I pissed away all my money believe it or not. I chased off anyone who has ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know when you get old in life things get taken from you. That's, that's part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out that life is just a game of inches.

So is football. Because in either game life or football the margin for error is so small. I mean one half step too late or to early you don't quite make it. One half second too slow or too fast and you don't quite catch it.

The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in ever break of the game every minute, every second. On this team, we fight for that inch On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch. Cause we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the fucking difference between WINNING and LOSING between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this in any fight it is the guy who is willing to die who is going to win that inch. And I know if I am going to have any life anymore it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch because that is what LIVING is.

The six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes. Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen and either we heal now, as a team, or we will die as individuals.

That's football guys. That's all it is.

Now, whattaya gonna do?"

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
That is very inspirational HJ.

Cheers for that.

the line about sacrifice for the team is a big one

bit off topic so no one belt me please.
we know some aussies this weekend who would love to be watching and sharingthis Rugby with us
I hear some have the luxury to watch via dodgy internet stream, most do not, but they are big Rugby fans and fight hard for "inches"
messagestothetroops@defence.gov.au

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
IIRC the Drommoyne Dirty Reds have a variation on the St Crispen's Day Speech (Henry V Act iv Scene iii) adapted for them.

It was apparently recounted in the Fitz Files several years back.

Anyone have it?

Perhaps time for some customisation for the Men in Gold because there:
are gentlemen in Australia now a-watching
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That watched with us upon Semi Finals day.

J

Jumpers

Cant wait for the game! There's going to be some bloody good key match ups! The best will be Pocock Vs McCaw. Lots of match ups in the forwards will be interesting like Kaino Vs Rocky, we will def need Rocky to be firing! Same goes for Samo. Locks look even but I think the ABs got the edge in the front row so lets hope our scrum can be solid again.

Backline is interesting too. Genia is more then capable of outplaying Weepu but Weepu is a danger man and is playing pretty damn well. Cooper on song should outplay Cruden but after last weeks effort who knows. Even with McCabes outstanding effort last week Im still scared of Nonu at 12 but McCabe has a habit of proving people wrong. Smith is just world class so they definitly have an advantage in the centres but I think we got them in the back three.

Are you kidding the Wannabes have a better back 3 thatn the ABs thats bullshit!! The ABs tight five will smash and murder the school kids! And then we get ready for the Wannabes choking!!! like they did with Ireland and Samoa!!

Q

QuadeCooperFan

Are you kidding the Wannabes have a better back 3 thatn the ABs thats bullshit!! The ABs tight five will smash and murder the school kids! And then we get ready for the Wannabes choking!!! like they did with Ireland and Samoa!!

If the Wallabies lose then it can hardly be considered a choke. the pressure's all on the ABs to win, not us.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
hot off the twittsphere

kurtley_beale Kurtley Beale
Thanks every1 for their support. Unfortunately been ruled out! Iv got faith in the boys who have got the opportunity tomorrow night.#1team

T

tranquility

Isn't one of these numpties QC (Quade Cooper)'s centre from the Reds, the same one most one eyed Qld supporters have been claiming should have been starting in Test matches all year because of his understanding with QC (Quade Cooper)?
QC (Quade Cooper) has been playing like a busted arse all tournament, a lot of his plays that have worked in super footie have come unstuck at this level.
This bullshit about Ewen being a better coach because he has structures that support QC (Quade Cooper) is a fallacy.
yeah he backed QC (Quade Cooper) all year, not unlike he did with KB (Kurtley Beale) at the Tahs.
sceptics could say he did nothing more than coach under 10's style, give the ball the the star.
You might recall at his times with the Tahs KB (Kurtley Beale) was brilliant but played for himself more than made room for his outside backs.
In the final when KB (Kurtley Beale) was injured the game was lost, because they had no game other than give it to KB (Kurtley Beale).

So much negative.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
hot off the twittsphere

kurtley_beale Kurtley Beale
Thanks every1 for their support. Unfortunately been ruled out! Iv got faith in the boys who have got the opportunity tomorrow night.#1team

All of a sudden the Wallaby back line looks decidedly average. Hope Cooper has been practicing his cut out passes.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
All of a sudden the Wallaby back line looks decidedly average. Hope Cooper has been practicing his cut out passes.

That's a pretty pessimistic approach. It's a setback but the Wallaby backline is still lethal.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
No, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has served us well at fullback and will do so again. It wasn't long ago that he was making World XVs in the 15 jersey. We will be fine.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Beale's a loss but not the big loss he would've been last year. He hasn't been on top of his game by any means. We lose some impact from the back, but with Diggers and JOC (James O'Connor) there, its still pretty dynamite.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Finger is looking more comfortable with each game and is developing. Can't ask for much more than that. He still might not be most peoples 1st or 2nd choice but he isn't the liability some are making him out to be. With about his only touch vs the Boks last week he bumped a tackle and got well over the advantage line. It may have lead to a turnover but our players saw so little ball they forgot what to do next and got there late.

Status
Not open for further replies.