• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
cant disagree with much of that apart from the hookers. I dont think you will find many people taking Moore over Kev apart from Aussie's. Fair enough, he is an important player for you guys. Probably more so than kev is for us. I would have Thorn over Vickerman as well even though you have pitted him against Whitelock.

Did tighthead v loosehead or 4 v 5. was debating when to switch to number v number. chose to do it at 6 onwards. either way you've got one wallaby lock winning and one ab lock!

I'm neutral. cheering for good rugby.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
cant disagree with much of that apart from the hookers. I dont think you will find many people taking Moore over Kev apart from Aussie's. Fair enough, he is an important player for you guys. Probably more so than kev is for us. I would have Thorn over Vickerman as well even though you have pitted him against Whitelock..

I'd go Moore over Kev - he's been brilliant. But I wouldn't go Moore over Hore. Hore has been outstanding this year as well.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
I'd go Moore over either of them. It's Bismarck, Moore, then daylight.

I do still rate Hore and Mealamu though. I particularly think Hore could play a valuable role for us, since Richie doesn't get over the ball as much as he used to (and Hore's upper body strength is ludicrous).

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
For me it's Bismark....... then Shota Horie.... then Moore, Hore and Mealamu all tied for the Bronze.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
McCabe has laid down the challenge...

and nonu will run right through it.

biggest wallaby weaknesses are McCabe with an injured shoulder, possibly no kurtley or an under strength kurtley and the possibility of a line out operating like it did a week ago.

Quietly confident that Cruden is going to play fantastic.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gwlad rugby has definetly taken rugby reporting to mighty serious levels now. Truth is not a victim.

"Health experts are fearing the worst... The combination of high blood pressure, hyperactivity and erections will lead to nothing less than people just exploding in the street. That's right, exploding."

This reporting had me laughing for over an hour. \

Just genius.

Or 'Tom Jones' Delilah was French'. Alas, the front page is now a history of the welsh at RWC. Not happy reading post-1987

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Nerves are still fucking with me as they have been doing all week, can't it just be sunday night already?!?!?!

I haven't felt like this before a game probably since the 03 final. It's ridiculous and I can't help it but by god I want the Wallabies to win.

GO WALLABIES!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, that's the last time I put my photoshop skills to use for the board...

Wet blankets... the lot of ya...

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Nerves are still fucking with me as they have been doing all week, can't it just be sunday night already?!?!?!

I haven't felt like this before a game probably since the 03 final. It's ridiculous and I can't help it but by god I want the Wallabies to win.

GO WALLABIES!

Loving this thread! great to see how much people care

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

Ahh, it's off topic to you blokes right now but... As an ex ACGS boy, I find it incredible the variety of ways in which my old school is described.

And Georgina Robinson, SMH, has just provided another one: Anglican Boys' Grammar School. Nice. Really well done. How f_____g hard is Anglican Church Grammar School.

Not that Quade C. or Karmichael H. probably notice such a mistake but anyway.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
Well, that's the last time I put my photoshop skills to use for the board...

Wet blankets... the lot of ya...

I agreed with that in the sense that one might 'like' on facebook. Still not sure if the two are really interchangeable..

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Ahh, it's off topic to you blokes right now but... As an ex ACGS boy, I find it incredible the variety of ways in which my old school is described.

And Georgina Robinson, SMH, has just provided another one: Anglican Boys' Grammar School. Nice. Really well done. How f_____g hard is Anglican Church Grammar School.

Not that Quade C. or Karmichael H. probably notice such a mistake but anyway.

I believe it's 'Churchie' now, simplified but yet to stick.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
Just seen the Wallaby team now, Deans is bonkers.

Sharpe is an outstanding second row, one of the greatest of the proffessional era, was the best lock of the SuperXV competition this year, has bags of test form and experience and would have had the motivation on Sunday of playing his 100th cap in a RWC semi-final against the best team in the world.

Simmons is a young toiler with a lot of potential but has a long way to go yet, has been fairly unimpressive in tests so far despite a good Super season.

Which would you want on the bench on Sunday? Simmons may (yes may!) reach Sharpe's level one day, but as it stands the gulf in test form, experience and class between the two is as vast as the depths of space. Ferchrissakes I imagine even a few All Bleck fans would rather have Sharpie in a black jersey on Sunday than Ali Williams or even Sam Whitelock!

Furthermore, he's playing Pat McCabe (who is an absolute warrior by the way) on Sunday with a bung shoulder when his direct opponent is the hardest running centre in world rugby! And no Hodgo on the bench either!

I swear if Deans isn't actively trying to sabotage the Wallaby campaign he's at the very least doing it on a subconscious level now. Mad mad mad.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Loving this thread! great to see how much people care

I hope you wouldn't expect any less, Cb. My girlfriend thinks I'm acting like I'm running onto Eden Park on sunday. My family and mates are all into it but here is a whole different kettle of awesome - I don't even feel like the most tragic!

And nevertheless, I think she writes good copy: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/r...ld-and-his-own-man-off-it-20111014-1lo14.html. If that's allowed. Don't know about whether GAGR allows cut and paste.

It's all good, most people post articles in a quote bubble thing. I really like her style, would be interested to see her do some more analytical pieces tho, I think there's something there.

W

Worldcupnut

Good Omen. I just read on another blog that every winner of Bill since 1991 has beaten the reigning champion at some point in the tournament. For the WBs that was SAF last week. Some hoodoo is going to broken Sundayhich ever way you look at it.

1991: WBs d ABs
1995 : SAF d WBs
1999 : WBs d SAF
2003 : Eng d WBs
2007 : SAF d Eng

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

Hey Jnor. Thanks for that.

If you do run out on Sunday, I hope for you, (and your gf's sake!!) you can present such an, cough, impressive figure as the black Puma fan from earlier in the tournament (I think I read he had Kenyan genes).

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
I'd go Moore over Kev - he's been brilliant. But I wouldn't go Moore over Hore. Hore has been outstanding this year as well.

really? My thought are that Kev is part of the best set piece in the tournament (statistically speaking) and at hooker is a big part of that and is a better ball runner. moore is very good though and is probably close to his peak form than Ken is. The Blues ra him into the ground this year which is impacting him I think.

Btw, Off to Anfield tomorrow for Liverpool vs Man U. Should be a cracker and a good way to take my mind off the rugby!

Status
Not open for further replies.