• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
really? My thought are that Kev is part of the best set piece in the tournament (statistically speaking) and at hooker is a big part of that and is a better ball runner. moore is very good though and is probably close to his peak form than Ken is. The Blues ra him into the ground this year which is impacting him I think.

Btw, Off to Anfield tomorrow for Liverpool vs Man U. Should be a cracker and a good way to take my mind off the rugby!

I agree with the set pieces but you're kidding yourself if you think Kev is a better ball runner than squeaky.
Exhibit A:
[video=youtube;cRR72kWsfGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRR72kWsfGQ[/video]

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
really? My thought are that Kev is part of the best set piece in the tournament (statistically speaking) and at hooker is a big part of that and is a better ball runner. moore is very good though and is probably close to his peak form than Ken is. The Blues ra him into the ground this year which is impacting him I think.

Btw, Off to Anfield tomorrow for Liverpool vs Man U. Should be a cracker and a good way to take my mind off the rugby!

I'd go Moore over Kev, and I'm a Kev fan.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

I'd go Moore over Kev, and I'm a Kev fan.

Moore is about the only bloke that should ever be excused for leaving the leaking ship that was HMAS Reds circa 2009 or so. 'Cause he seems such a good bloke. We never forget Sharpie...

Actually, Nathan Sharpe is a great player and I'm surprised he's been left out.

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I have bean feeling a little up beat about this game today, trying to not get the better of myself and Ive been felling negative about the Wallabies for about 3 years now....there is not really much between them physically, its all mental now...who wont accept a loss more than the other.......when does the hang up about choking or Eden pk enter the head.

B

BazMan

Time to wind up the kiwis... I just re-edited the 1973 haka to a few tunes... enjoy...

[video=youtube;L2sKqAvyCzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2sKqAvyCzQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

and for the Wham fans.....

[video=youtube;vVPiQpRO3_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVPiQpRO3_w&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/video]

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
I agree with the set pieces but you're kidding yourself if you think Kev is a better ball runner than squeaky.
Exhibit A:
[video=youtube;cRR72kWsfGQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRR72kWsfGQ[/video]

Nice try against South Africa C
I tried to find a youtube package of mealamu and only found the bod tackle and his headbutt! Mealamu has made a career out of his ball running for 8 years in Black. Not a chance Moore is better in this respect

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

I tried to find a youtube package of mealamu and only found the bod tackle and his headbutt! Mealamu has made a career out of his ball running for 8 years in Black. Not a chance Moore is better in this respect

Nevertheless, Stephen Moore will always be my first pick for impersonating a Norman at the Battle of Hastings. And surely, that's what it's all about!?

Tell me the Bayeux Tapestry does not feature Stephen's ancient lineage. http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=B...&w=470&h=501&ei=_zOYTqmbFYjQmAWqp_CRAg&zoom=1

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Cant wait for the game! There's going to be some bloody good key match ups! The best will be Pocock Vs McCaw. Lots of match ups in the forwards will be interesting like Kaino Vs Rocky, we will def need Rocky to be firing! Same goes for Samo. Locks look even but I think the ABs got the edge in the front row so lets hope our scrum can be solid again.

Backline is interesting too. Genia is more then capable of outplaying Weepu but Weepu is a danger man and is playing pretty damn well. Cooper on song should outplay Cruden but after last weeks effort who knows. Even with McCabes outstanding effort last week Im still scared of Nonu at 12 but McCabe has a habit of proving people wrong. Smith is just world class so they definitly have an advantage in the centres but I think we got them in the back three.

(so glad to get that off my chest.... hurry up Sunday!!!!)

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)

Either way its one of the less talked about head to head (literally) battles this weekend. I'm so excited! I'm usually against the over use of the word but it's going to be epic.

Also, Bazman's videos reminded me of this little gem:

[video=youtube;nSPtz7wVDHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSPtz7wVDHI[/video]

U

Utility Back

Chill guys,

Just chucked on rugby challenge and let the computers play it out in the proper scenario, all selected players, all blacks at home as me and some mates watched and barracked...we win.

We were down 12-14 on the buzzer at our own try line, when after trudging up field, it happened; a magic snipe up the blindside from Genia to run 60 metres and score...

needles to say, we may have gone over top in our celebration... but it was a fucking good game...who needs reality.

WE FUCKING GOT THIS!! 19 - 14!!!

rotary hoe

Peter Burge (5)
tbh would be happy with Pat at fullback this week,solid last line,good under the high ball and out of the way to not fuck up the attack.Christ that try last week was watching a rabbit in headlights,any inside back worth his salt would have flicked it straight over AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the unmarked KB (Kurtley Beale),instead we had a 'fuck what do I do here' moment and a reverse netball pass.At least the ball left his hands and we scored I suppose.

But once again (assuming no KB (Kurtley Beale)) we have 2 numpties outside Quade,he will be forced to overplay his hand and will once again cop all the Flak on Monday.Deans is truly an appalling coach and leaves his young talents horribly exposed.TheABs will score tries-they are not the Boks-so our gameplan must be to score more than them.Not with this team.With a monumental performance from our Pigs,a few flashes of brilliance(Brisbane won like this,no great free flowing Rugby) and a dose of ticker we can do this but Deans will not deserve any credit.We could have a much better team on the park but the guy is pigheaded.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I remember last time Cooper came up against Cruden, Cruden had a blinder and won the game for the Hurricanes.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.