• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Quade will have to run the show a bit better this week as well as create all the opportunities. Although McCabe and Finger are solid in midfield neither of them are likely to break through the Nonu-Smith combo.

I haven't seen QC (Quade Cooper) break the line with hop step this tourny which is unusual for him, seems to keep getting belted every time he tries it, even by the russians! AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 15 is pretty solid but you lose a bit of xfactor without KB (Kurtley Beale).

This game is so difficult to predict because of DC's injury. Im tipping Aus for the win but it will be a close one.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Beale's a loss but not the big loss he would've been last year. He hasn't been on top of his game by any means. We lose some impact from the back, but with Diggers and JOC (James O'Connor) there, its still pretty dynamite.
I actually think we lose nothing at the back. KB (Kurtley Beale)'s strength at 15 is the kick return/counter attack, however as QC (Quade Cooper) is filling that role KB (Kurtley Beale) was to some extent wasted.Defensively I think we are stronger with the changes.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
More chance of Barnes coming on early if attack is stuttering? Help me out, im looking for positives.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Quade will have to run the show a bit better this week as well as create all the opportunities. Although McCabe and Finger are solid in midfield neither of them are likely to break through the Nonu-Smith combo.

I haven't seen QC (Quade Cooper) break the line with hop step this tourny which is unusual for him, seems to keep getting belted every time he tries it, even by the russians! AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 15 is pretty solid but you lose a bit of xfactor without KB (Kurtley Beale).

This game is so difficult to predict because of DC's injury. Im tipping Aus for the win but it will be a close one.
I am thinking that QC (Quade Cooper) would be better playing 12 with BB coming on at 10, gives him more time and more space away from the backrowers. hard to tell on the tv, but it looks like many of the sides are defending with the old Mungo umbrella pattern with the outside backs coming up quicker to nullify the QC (Quade Cooper) long ball.So I am tipping a few QC (Quade Cooper) chip kicks for the 13 tomorrow.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
I actually think we lose nothing at the back. KB (Kurtley Beale)'s strength at 15 is the kick return/counter attack, however as QC (Quade Cooper) is filling that role KB (Kurtley Beale) was to some extent wasted.Defensively I think we are stronger with the changes.

We are definitely stronger defensively. In fact, we'd be even stronger defensively if we swapped QC (Quade Cooper) for Barnes :).

D

dakka

The changes due to Beale's absence may disrupt us a little, but hopefully also make it a little more difficult for the nz defence to read us. Similarly nz should be pretty unfamiliar with Horne, who can be a handy player at times. Wallabies to win narrowly!

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
But our centres now offer nothing in attack. I would rather JOC (James O'Connor) starting 15 and Turner on the wing or something, JOC (James O'Connor) is in great form, the more he gets the ball the better.

The original named center pairing offered nothing in attack anyway.

That's a good point, does explain why Beale hasn't looked as dangerous this season. Also earlier in the year we had JOC (James O'Connor) moving to fullback as well.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Forwards - please show up to play.

Thats the key isn't it, otherwise we are no chance. The blacks wil play it tight like they did in the 2nd half at Brisbane and will only go wide once they have won the contestable metre or so that arises at each ruck. One of the reasons why they shifted $BW to the bench is that Kahui and Jane are both better kick chasers (and kick returners). It flags the AB's tactics, but it should be no surprise anyway.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)

Always look on the bright side.

Can;t change the side around at this time and can't put QC (Quade Cooper) at 12 against Nonu! tries would be an avalanche

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Why can they move QC (Quade Cooper) defensively when he plays 10, but not if he played 12?
I expect when BB comes on he will play 12, I was suggesting they play him at 10 when he comes on (hopefully not after the result has been decided)

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Why can they move QC (Quade Cooper) defensively when he plays 10, but not if he played 12?
I expect when BB comes on he will play 12, I was suggesting they play him at 10 when he comes on (hopefully not after the result has been decided)

Bit different facing breaks at FB to facing Nonu every time they move it wide. It'd be relentless and the por sod who isnt reknowned for tackling would be either 1) roadkill or 2) off for a spear tackle. Better option is stay as they are with option of bringing on Banes either for cooper if he is really pants, or McCabe if he is buggered.

Status
Not open for further replies.