• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Quarter final 3 : Springbokke v. Wallabies CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Horne's still out, isn't he? Deans said his tournament was over, but you never know. Hope he's alright, didn't even think of him. Much prefer him to Ant.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Commiserations Boks and Bok fans. I thought the Boks played well. There were some warriors out there for them; Burger, Matfield, Bismarck, JdV, FdP.

The Wallabies did not deserve to win that game. Yes, their defence was courageous. However, two reasons it needed to be were because Cooper and Genia made bad decisions and our lineout was deplorable. Given the injuries to McCabe and Beale, I'd have dragged Genia and brought on Burgess. He couldn't have been worse than Genia and might have added a little bit more spark. I thought TPN was good when he came on.

It looks as though we'll be playing the ABs. The Wallabies are going to be sore and sorry. The ABs carrying injuries and with off field issues. Difficult to predict.

What odds on Wales winning the RWC? They're the form team.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Horne's still out, isn't he? Deans said his tournament was over, but you never know. Hope he's alright, didn't even think of him. Much prefer him to Ant.

If it's over, why was he training with the team on Friday? Then again, so much about this campaign makes little sense, so maybe they're keeping him because he's a good room-mate?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
After the brilliant kicking display by Wales and France it was a very big let down to see all the kicks from the Wallabies. Not because I don't like kicking, because they were so ineffectual. They did not go out for field position, they were too long for our chasers to effectively compete for the ball or even pressure the Bok catcher/ first receiver. The kicks were nothing kicks, just gifted possession back to the opposition. Luckily the Bok attack was fairly one dimensional and the Wallabies defence was first class.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Do I need to go back a few pages and bring up all my quotes regarding my concern with the lineout?

Apparently it wasn't a big deal... you don't need a functional lineout...

I hope people who watched this match have now changed their minds.

Another thing with lineouts is once they've fallen apart it's tough to get back on top. Players seem to lose confidence while the opposition's momentum rages on.

I think we need to start with Sharpe and then bring Vickerman on in the second half...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Do I need to go back a few pages and bring up all my quotes regarding my concern with the lineout?

Another thing with lineouts is once they've fallen apart it's tough to get back on top. Players seem to lose confidence while the opposition's momentum rages on.

I think we need to start with Sharpe and then bring Vickerman on in the second half...

is it the throwing or the catching (historically I would say the former)

vidiot

John Solomon (38)

It is just as easy to argue that the wallabies won by winning the breakdown, and that the lineout wasn't (as) important. And that it didn't get any better with Sharpe.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

It only matters if Robbie Deans, Jim Williams et al read your posts and change their minds. The rest of us are just spectators. But we've been told. ;)

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
When was the last time QC (Quade Cooper) had 2 bad games in a row? He must be due to fire next week so hopefully he will go on a streak of 2 great games and we will hold the cup

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Deans said he was on track for the semis I believe. If his tournament was over you'd send him home..?

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I actually thought our team showed a lot of character in this game. The wallabies just tried to hold their early lead and were handled the Boks well enough for 50 minutes. They ended up just allowing the boks to take control of the game, but as soon as they went behind they went looking for points and they got what they needed. I thought the boks were sensational, but they certainly didn't beat themselves

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
they cant play him - too big a risk
from what is being said we paid a price for Mccabe tonight...Palu and MItchell gooorn: you cant pick the suspect players now

T

The_Riddler

When was the last time QC (Quade Cooper) had 2 bad games in a row?

Ummm, isn't the streak currently at 4? He's had no impact in the world cup in a good way. Quade is not the messiah, it's time to face reality, or face another 4 years of what ifs. He's too volatile at the moment to be taking risks against the all blacks in a world cup semi. Barnes is what we need.

J

Jumpers

Several points folks: 1. Quade has been putting up with immense amounts of shit from Kiwis and 'suedo-Kiwis' in the stands, on the streets, on radio, on TV, in the newspapers and online...as Mrs Doug said tonight...."I'd hate our son to cop that crap day after day"! 2. Wobs have lost plenty of those close, shit games, so victory is much sweeter. 3. Yes, I had my "lucky red jocks" on today....for those who didn't see my post from last week, the only time I forgot to to don them was the day we played Ireland! 4. Our daughter watched the match in a bar in Whistler, BC, Canada, (where she lives), and was pissed off with the negative (against the Wobs) Kiwi comentary! Well played Wallabies, a win is a win is a win! When we play the Blacks in the semi, I hope all the Aussies in the crowd boo SBW every time he touches the ball! I don't know why we provide our planes for their (non existent) Air Force, and import their crap wine and apples!

Wat a load of rubbish!!!!

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
When was the last time QC (Quade Cooper) had 2 bad games in a row? He must be due to fire next week so hopefully he will go on a streak of 2 great games and we will hold the cup
I have no idea what is being said behind the scenes but it looks an awful lot to me like Quade is being given a message of be relaxed and play your natural game by the wallaby brains trust.

Conversely I think Ewen kept him on a tight leash at the reds with specific instructions for each game. I like (what I suspect was) Ewen's approach alot more. Quade needs more urgency and focus. He need to treaty each game situation he is involved in as if its the game deciding play.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I shouldn't get so worked up but are you fucking kidding me Slim? Did the lineout improve with Sharpe on? No. Take Horwill off if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.