• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Quarter final 3 : Springbokke v. Wallabies CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
For me Genia kicking posession away as often as he did had a very bad effect on our game. We virtually did not attack at all (ball in hand), it was as though Genia had absolutely no confidence in our backs (please don't dribble on about Quade) it appeared to me to be the game plan - kick at all cost! If we are going to kick down their end at least kick DOWN THEIR END. Why these stupid medium length kicks that don't allow time for our support to get there but don't go deep enough to put any real pressure on the opposition?

couldn't agree more with this. Someone needs to have a chat to him about it as he has been doing this all season. He seems to be doing it more and more each game.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Good Win, luck, but Good.

QC (Quade Cooper) was awful. Every decision he made was wrong. Made one good kick in the first but that was it. What was with that cross field kick? I'm so tired of these overpaid clowns trying backyard crap. Sickens me.

P

pete88

I reckon QC (Quade Cooper) would have been subbed, but McCabe and Beale got injured so not possible. Fingers crossed no one is crocked for next week.

Blue, you're a total gentleman. I think you predicted that it would take a ridiculously effort to beat you guys prior to the cup, spot on. I too feel for Victor, Fourie and Smit (he is still a gentleman of the sport, whether or not he should have been starting), but obviously it's easy to be magnanimous now. At least you guys get rid of P Divvy, surely?

F

Fredfreduels

Hi Australia.

I would be ashamed at my team to win a game that they never should have due to a ref that let the wallaby's get away with murder at the breakdowns and scrums. How much did your team management pay the ref? The normal experience whenever super rugby are played down under.
Anyway, water under the bridge and congrats.

From South Africa

Are you mad that your team lost and plays an unattractive style of rugby?

P

pete88

Good Win, luck, but Good.

QC (Quade Cooper) was awful. Every decision he made was wrong. Made one good kick in the first but that was it. What was with that cross field kick? I'm so tired of these overpaid clowns trying backyard crap. Sickens me.

Worth remembering his one good kick gave us our try, and he forced a knock on from Fourie du Preez with the goal line and the Semi Final absolutely at his mercy, and it wasn't his only good defensive moment (he missed one or two tackles too, granted). But yes, too much shit kicking of crucial, crucial possession and running in to contact at the wrong fucking time.

I'd go so far to say as we've played (and won) the most English/"South African" game by far out of the QFs. The Saffers made their fair share of attacking play, they just didn't handle well enough to win.

P

potjiekos

Just getting sick of the beginning of each of your posts. The second half of them was fine,

Matty , my mate, you should get yourself checked out, could be coming down with something, either that........ or you should just go ahead and skip to the second half!

Go wobs...... Enjoy the victory! *wink*

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Congratulations boys.

Hung on like grim with a defense perfectly planned.

We had every opportunity to put it away but through a combination if excellent defense and our predictable attack just couldn't.

Feel bad especially for Vic and Du Preez that it ends like this.
Commiserations, Blue. A mighty game from the Bokke, and I'm still not sure how we prevailed. Maybe the 100-odd more tackles we had to make. I'm drained.

wobbly

Fred Wood (13)
I'd go so far to say as we've played (and won) the most English/"South African" game by far out of the QFs. .

Yeah I wonder what the Pommy scribes will make of it (Moore, Jones, etc.) certainly wasn't an advertisement for Wallaby rugby. They'll probably just write that the Boksburg choked and were too old and poorly coached.

Whatever, we won ugly but it's in the history books as a win. Probably don't deserve to go any further unless we get some ball and go forward, but by he'll the Saffas and the Poms didn't deserve to make the final 4 years ago. Go Wallabies!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah I wonder what the Pommy scribes will make of it (Moore, Jones, etc.) certainly wasn't an advertisement for Wallaby rugby. They'll probably just write that the Boksburg choked and were too old and poorly coached.

Whatever, we won ugly but it's in the history books as a win. Probably don't deserve to go any further unless we get some ball and go forward, but by he'll the Saffas and the Poms didn't deserve to make the final 4 years ago. Go Wallabies!
Brian Moore will still be choking on his prediction that England will definitely beat France. That, or a large slice of humble pie.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Congratulations boys.

Hung on like grim with a defense perfectly planned.

We had every opportunity to put it away but through a combination if excellent defense and our predictable attack just couldn't.

Feel bad especially for Vic and Du Preez that it ends like this.

Thanks Blue. Lucky win for us I think, Boks played all the rugby but we managed to pull the win out of our arse. I reckon a neutral viewer would think the Bok's deserved the win. Broussow going off early probably the difference in the end.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Thanks Blue. Lucky win for us I think, Boks played all the rugby but we managed to pull the win out of our arse. I reckon a neutral viewer would think the Bok's deserved the win. Broussow going off early probably the difference in the end.

I could only follow the stats on the IRB app but it appears that from 20% of the territory and 42% of the possession it must have been a very gutsy win.
A mate emailed me to suggest QC (Quade Cooper) had a shocker - views?
Any injury concerns?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The real difference was our inability to turn possession into points. With that much ball camped in your half our one dimensional attack lost us the game. Just couldn't change our plan when what we did was not working.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I could only follow the stats on the IRB app but it appears that from 20% of the territory and 42% of the possession it must have been a very gutsy win.
A mate emailed me to suggest QC (Quade Cooper) had a shocker - views?
Any injury concerns?

Looked like McCabes shoulder had popped out again, and Beale came off with a leg injury. Those were the obvious ones anyhow.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The real difference was our inability to turn possession into points. With that much ball camped in your half our one dimensional attack lost us the game. Just couldn't change our plan when what we did was not working.

Agree. It reminded me a bit of that game Wallabies v All Blacks in NZ when we had a bucket load of territory & possession & still lost. SA threw the kitchen sink at us, commiserations.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Looked like McCabes shoulder had popped out again, and Beale came off with a leg injury. Those were the obvious ones anyhow.

hmmm - Mccabe is definitely and Beale could be a recurrence........
Whats the take on QC (Quade Cooper)'s game - is Barnes a better option at 10 for a game we only have to win or lose by 1 point.....in extra time

Status
Not open for further replies.