• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Quarter final 3 : Springbokke v. Wallabies CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Did anyone else feel that Genia had a very ordinary game? Some of his options were very ordinary - enough with the box kicking Will - shit! How many box kicks can one halfback sqeeze into a game. I understand that they needed to kick to get down the other end of the field but a box kick rarely has that effect. We had no ball yet he still managed to box kick away turnover ball on the first or second phase.

Genia and Cooper were both poor IMO, considering their high standards (esp. Genia's).
But Pocock played the game of his life and your forwards piled their bodies into the breakdown as Bryce allowed it, so they pretty much won you the game - backs decided by how much and Cooper's pla was shit, so not by much ;)

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Did anyone else feel that Genia had a very ordinary game? Some of his options were very ordinary - enough with the box kicking Will - shit! How many box kicks can one halfback sqeeze into a game. I understand that they needed to kick to get down the other end of the field but a box kick rarely has that effect. We had no ball yet he still managed to box kick away turnover ball on the first or second phase.

I thought genia and quade were poor today. We wont win if they dont step up next week.

T

The_Riddler

McCabe was an absolute warrior.

Loved that shot of him coming off with blood pouring out his nose and shoulder barely attached.

Couldn't agree more, hopefully they give him some cortisone so he's right for next week. Time for the physio to show value.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
What's the deal with JOC (James O'Connor) getting rushed when taking a conversion. Could he have asked to take today's one again?

Yes we could of, if Bryce had of seen it, and in a 2 point game that would have made a huge difference. Bryce will come under lots of scruitiny. For mine he was his usual self, missed mountains of stuff both ways. I repeat both ways. Inevitably the losing team feels ripped off and the winning team, well I don't know what to say.

Commiserations to the boks. They dominated, but you have to convert domination into points to win games and they didn't. They had 1000 opportunities but didn't capitalise. FDP will be wondering how he dropped that ball. Morne will be wondering why he didn't goal for field goal given the many opportunities. Hougaard will be ruing his just miss. I guess the most I can say about the boks is that great teams don't go easy and it was the hardest game I have ever seen the Wallabies win. The loss of Brussow was critical despite the heroic game from Burger. The Du Plesis pair were huge as well. Bismark was capable of winning that game by himself, many bok fans will be wondering what might of bin had he started. I love watching the boks play when they are as determined and focussed as this.

For the wobbs, the forwards were immense. Horwill was terrifc, Pocock was, well, freakish. He took a battering and kept fronting up and had his hands on the ball first at more rucks that I can remember. And there were plenty of SA rucks to deal with. Can't believe JOC (James O'Connor) knocked it over from wide and a long way out. McCabe was terriffic, probbly our best back b ut I suspect he is out for next week. The wobbs will have to work on their kicking for next week and their chasing as too many times we let SA kick return for easy metres. Also, someone get Ewen on the phone to have a chat to Quade. I don't know how Ewen does it but we need some of it now as we can't afford Quaade to have another game like that one.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
McCabe was immense, albeit he fell off a couple tackles. Heart of a lion that guy, an absolute warrior.

Nevertheless, given Cooper's proneness to choking under pressure, I think we need to stick Barnes at 12 to relieve some of that pressure.

I thought Deans could have replaced cooper & thrown Barnes at 10 with Faainga going on for McCabe at 12.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Congratulations boys.

Hung on like grim with a defense perfectly planned.

We had every opportunity to put it away but through a combination if excellent defense and our predictable attack just couldn't.

Feel bad especially for Vic and Du Preez that it ends like this.

Cheers for the gracious comment. May I please add smit to your list. I know most don't agree with his selection but he has been a champ like the others you mention for just as long.

Matfield was by far my man of the match.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I thought some of our backs made some poor decisions with ball in hand today. Beale, Cooper, Genia are all fantastical talented players but their decision making is whats stopping them being all time greats.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Hahaha please don't delete "pupa"'s comment, it's so perfectly, hilariously stereotypical. Stick a copy in the rules thread as part of our "Trolling Hall of Fame".

So pleased you found another random internet idiots post to justify your equally random and obscure generalization of a nation of people.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
For me Genia kicking posession away as often as he did had a very bad effect on our game. We virtually did not attack at all (ball in hand), it was as though Genia had absolutely no confidence in our backs (please don't dribble on about Quade) it appeared to me to be the game plan - kick at all cost! If we are going to kick down their end at least kick DOWN THEIR END. Why these stupid medium length kicks that don't allow time for our support to get there but don't go deep enough to put any real pressure on the opposition?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
So pleased you found another random internet idiots post to justify your equally random and obscure generalization of a nation of people.

I beg your pardon? Could you please provide some evidence of me generalising a nation of people?

Status
Not open for further replies.