• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Quarter final 3 : Springbokke v. Wallabies CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well I'm not one to scream in front of my TV at 8 am on a sunday morning, but today I was.. What an intense game.. The French commentators, albeit impressed by the wallabies' defense, said at the end: "what a hold-up. How can such a dominated team win". But I disagree. There was no hold up there.

My personal man of the match award is a dual one, to Pocock and JOC (James O'Connor). Pocock because he was his usual freakish self and the wallabies would have lost without him, no doubt whatsoever, and JOC (James O'Connor) because he simply played his best game in a wallaby jersey yet, and slotted that crucial goal with 10 to go.

I now have to look forward to an Australia / France final.

I like the Welsh at this years world cup but after you guys got rid of England I'd be happy to meet you guys there. LOL.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Hi Australia.

I would be ashamed at my team to win a game that they never should have due to a ref that let the wallaby's get away with murder at the breakdowns and scrums. How much did your team management pay the ref? The normal experience whenever super rugby are played down under.
Anyway, water under the bridge and congrats.

From South Africa

May the losers suck thee cock

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Quade was wearing a GPS tracker.
EVERY game he has played with that bloody thing he has had a seriously shit game. Just look at the Reds games were he has worn it. He even ripped it off half way through the first half and chucked it in one game.
It is a penalty to jump over the line and charge the ball down from a 22 kick off. he was offside because he was in fact in front of the line.
If we see Bryce again this world cup someone needs to take him out.
Big game boys - well done

P

potjiekos

@ matty-k.... Enough of what??? Stating a fact??
*shaking head in amazement, with a wry smile* Bryce Lawrence......you beaut!!

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Hi Australia.

I would be ashamed at my team to win a game that they never should have due to a ref that let the wallaby's get away with murder at the breakdowns and scrums. How much did your team management pay the ref? The normal experience whenever super rugby are played down under.

From South Africa

Hey Puppy you created at log in just for that comment, what a loser, Im laughing here at you, laughing

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Congrats Aussies, Schalk Burger was the man on the pitch for me today. Sure, Pocock basically won the game, but Burger played with such heart, reminded me of the Stormers game vs Blues 2nd half this Super Rugby season where Burger basically played every position at once for the 40 mins. Brüssow off killed the Saffers, he might have been the one to contain Pocock and win a few TOs himself, with Bryce letting opensides do whatever they want.

wobbly

Fred Wood (13)
My nerves are shot. Christ on a bike have we ever dug so deep?

Very Fucken lucky with the Lawrence. He owed us and delivered, could have lost by 20 if he had a pea in his whistle.

Pocock immense.... illegal often, but no less than the Saffas with their diving in.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

JOC (James O'Connor) was my MOTM (at least for the Wallabies)

troxler

Sydney Middleton (9)
WOOHOOO!!! Was an ugly game from the Wallabies but the scoreline is beautiful... JOC (James O'Connor) take a bow one of his best games imo, Pocock and Horwill were also huge! bring on the AB's

U

Utility Back

Hi Australia.

From South Africa

Get Fucked. That was an amazing effort from aus to pull that off even if it wasn't convincing. Ref was shit for both teams. That was a win made by defence.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Holy crap....that shit never happens. How did we get away with that one? Defensive superformance - huge effort. David Pocock - god damn hero. I feel like I just ran 5 miles and my nerves are gone. Bring on the trolls.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
What's the deal with JOC (James O'Connor) getting rushed when taking a conversion. Could he have asked to take today's one again?

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Bryce was hardly favoring us. SA were offside so much, he called knock ons against us that didn't happen, and let SA get away with some knock on's. He let SA charge us off the ball and called up that non-existent forward pass.

Now, this isn't to say he did a bad job. All those things are incredibly hard to pick. But to say he was giving us a better deal and more penalties than SA is completely 100% false.

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
Great win by OZ. Congrats to the OZ posters and commiserations to the Saffas here. Was such a close game, Pocock being the difference imo. The guy played like Ritchie in his heyday and was in to everything, from everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.