• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Quarter final 3 : Springbokke v. Wallabies CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Got home from golf and fell asleep on the couch with Bathurst on. Just woke up and flicked it onto channel 9. Damn ads, did I miss anything?

HKTiger

Allen Oxlade (6)
Watched the game in Heidelberg, Germany, on ITV and the British commentators have given up on Bryce. They are now criticising the ref more than I ever do. Funny stuff actually.

I think we've found the kiwi that choked. :D :D

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Good win for Wallabies, I suspect Wales would be quite confident of what they have seen from other teams so far.

F

Fredfreduels

I must say Australia showed so much heart and made great substitutions , especially Polata Nau for Moore who was off his game. McCabe, Horwill, Sharpe, Pocock, JOC (James O'Connor) and Quade (by not giving up) really played their heart's out.

F

François

Well I'm not one to scream in front of my TV at 8 am on a sunday morning, but today I was.. What an intense game.. The French commentators, albeit impressed by the wallabies' defense, said at the end: "what a hold-up. How can such a dominated team win". But I disagree. There was no hold up there.

My personal man of the match award is a dual one, to Pocock and JOC (James O'Connor). Pocock because he was his usual freakish self and the wallabies would have lost without him, no doubt whatsoever, and JOC (James O'Connor) because he simply played his best game in a wallaby jersey yet, and slotted that crucial goal with 10 to go.

I now have to look forward to an Australia / France final.

P

pupa

Hi Australia.

I would be ashamed at my team to win a game that they never should have due to a ref that let the wallaby's get away with murder at the breakdowns and scrums. How much did your team management pay the ref? The normal experience whenever super rugby are played down under.
Anyway, water under the bridge and congrats.

From South Africa

B

Blob

I would be ashamed at my team to win a game that they never should have due to a ref that let the wallaby's get away with murder at the breakdowns

Erm he allowed both sides to cheat there. The Wallabies just cheated more and better. Most liberal reffing ever.

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Massive ratings coming up for the ARU next week, NZ double headers with the loige preceeding, Kenny virtually spat that out

Q

QuadeCooperFan

Hi Australia.

I would be ashamed at my team to win a game that they never should have due to a ref that let the wallaby's get away with murder at the breakdowns and scrums. How much did your team management pay the ref? The normal whenever rugby are played down under.
Anyway, water under the bridge and congrats.

From South Africa

your team was exposed for the boring, unexciting team they are.

'lets get it to Steyn so he can kick it out, then we'll win the lineout and go for a drop goal or penalty goal'

you had so much possession and field position and didn't score a try. a courageous defensive effort from the Wallabies and a poor attacking effort by the Boks. our team will definitely have to work on our lineouts though. just glad we won

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I'll take the win any day. Huge defensive effort from the boys.

Pocock was awesome - but we can't whinge about the All Blacks any more as he pulled all the shit McCaw does, and the Wallabies have learnt how to disrupt opposition ball the All Black way too.

We can't complain about Bryce Lawrence any more either, except to say he is shit. His ineptitude definitely favoured the Wallabies, probably not intentionally.

Thank you PdV! In the coaching race to the bottom you are the clear winner. Dingo Deans is an amateur next to you.

Bring on the Argentinians!

Status
Not open for further replies.