• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Quarter final 3 : Springbokke v. Wallabies CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chief

Bryce should STFU, why are these refs in the press for the wrong reasons, just get out there and ref, stop being so needy

Lawrence doesn't seem like the person who craves media attention. He does everything he can to avoid conflict on the field.

I'm going to say this before this match. It will be unfortunate if the Wallabies lose today, we may very well lose too. It really is what the last 4 years have been about, and should they fail today, should they lose then I think a lot of people from Deans above have a lot to answer. However maybe I am being premature here.

My prediction: I can't honestly make one.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I can't wait for the post-match individual player praise/blame game:

"We lost because of McCabe/Cooper/Elsom/Horwill/McCalman"

"We would've won if we had played Barnes/Higginbotham/Beau Robinson/Mortlock/George Smith/pick a Fainga'a/Liam Gill/Sharpe/Ben Tapuai"

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Weather for Wellington, New Zealand
12°C | °F Sun

Partly Cloudy
Wind: S at 19 km/h
Humidity: 47% 13
Wellington Weather

Good weather for rugby in wellington today, no excuses a dry track definitely better for the Wallabies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm with tiges. No-one's begging you to stay Slim, you don't have to read these threads.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Geez... you guys are tense this morning...

Simply put: I don't want to see the post match whinging where individuals are blamed in the event of a loss.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
You don't want to see something that is inevitable. Okey doke.

I wonder what would make an Australian rugby fan tense today? Derp.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm with tiges. No-one's begging you to stay Slim, you don't have to read these threads.

That is not a reasonable argument in the general game discussion thread.

If this were a thread about "dissing X, Y or Z players", people could identify and avoid said thread.

This is a thread for the upcoming quarter final in the world cup for the Australian team. It is a thread that any and all Australian fans should want to read. Nobody has the imperative to suggest "conform or GTFO" unless its a mod dealing with abrogation of the forum rules.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Just noticed the foxsports ad for the game tomorrow. Apparently they are offering both Australian and Sith Ifrikan commentary feeds. You just need to press "red" on the remote to get it.

Hopefully it is just the supersport commentators and not full on afrikaans. Although both are probably better than our commentators.

Sith!

525x525px-LL-92012207_vbattach160391.jpg

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
We are about to find out if the Wallaby forwards can muscle up.

If they can, they are a good chance to go all the way.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
That is not a reasonable argument in the general game discussion thread.

Is player dissing unreasonable too? There are occasions where an individual player's performance has cost a team a game, and there is a place for this discussion in a general game discussion thread.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
With the Poms going out yesterday, and the opportunity to send the Boks home today, it really would be Christmas come early for Wallabies fans if we win today.

I want to see all our forwards absolutely smashing them at the rucks because the Boks certainly won't die wondering. Come on Wallabies - beaten them before, know what's required to beat them so do it!!

Go the Wallabies & Vamos los Pumas!!!

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
With the Poms going out yesterday, and the opportunity to send the Boks home today, it really would be Christmas come early for Wallabies fans if we win today.

I want to see all our forwards absolutely smashing them at the rucks because the Boks certainly won't die wondering. Come on Wallabies - beaten them before, know what's required to beat them so do it!!

Go the Wallabies & Vamos los Pumas!!!

Absolutely. First Dan Carter pulls out. Then Ireland takes a bullet for the Wallabies cause by playing a resurgent Wales. France removes the Orcs. Then we click against the Boks. The stars are aligning.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Is player dissing unreasonable too? There are occasions where an individual player's performance has cost a team a game, and there is a place for this discussion in a general game discussion thread.

As I stated, this should be a thread for all fans. If there are fans that want to criticise players and its not against the rules, fair play if you ask me.

At the same time, said fans should be ready to accept that there are people out there who do not appreciate it and so long as they express that in an appropriate way (ie: play the ball, not the man) then they should be free to express that they don't.

Myself, I probably lean more towards the second group which may have come through in my former post. I don't see the point in hypotheticals when it comes to rugby. The team is picked, they play how they do and the result is what it is. Complaining about these things doesn't change them. '

Of course, most forums would be pretty boring without opinions so I accept that people want to express theirs. I just take askance to people telling other people to GTFO.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
They can muscle up, but will they?? Horan said of the french last night that it was all in the top 2 inches for them. Not far off true for our forwards as well.

Can be no excuses though. If they can't get motivated and up for this heads should roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.