• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Quarter final 3 : Springbokke v. Wallabies CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just put on a bet that seems good value- $2.24 that there will be a drop goal during the game. Seems like easy money to me, but you never know when you put a bet on. Also got on Alexander to score and Australia to win at $56

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I am finding myself in the most interesting situation at the moment.

My Australian friends and I are arguing over who will win. Only difference is we are picking each other's team to win.

Who would have thought?

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I am finding myself in the most interesting situation at the moment.

My Australian friends and I are arguing over who will win. Only difference is we are picking each other's team to win.

Who would have thought?

I agree. It is the only game of the quarter finals where both teams kind of expect to lose.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Just put on a bet that seems good value- $2.24 that there will be a drop goal during the game. Seems like easy money to me, but you never know when you put a bet on. Also got on Alexander to score and Australia to win at $56

If you placed the bet with a bookmaker then you can rest assured the odds are not in your favour.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I agree. It is the only game of the quarter finals where both teams kind of expect to lose.

I think neither sides fans want to get their hopes up too much. Whoever wins will have all the momentum and could very well go all the way. But the loser will have a bitter pill to swallow. A failed campaign. It really is too close to call. The winning team is going to need an exceptional performance, and a bit of luck. Factors like the ref, conditions, in game injuries could all swing the game off its knife edge.

I'm really expecting some great rugby from both teams. Lets hope the game lives up to the hype.

P

potjiekos

Just adding my two bob's worth into the plate with regards to 'The Great 12 Debate'........

One has to hand it to Robbie Deans (he must have been a poker player in a former life!)....... I liken him to a cross between an evil genius and a mad hatter....

Keeping his most prized possession, Berrick Barnes, on the bench, only to unleash him once he (ol' Dingo) has been able to assess on-field conditions, defensive frailties within the boks' gameplan, as well as potential attacking options. This info would in no doubt be relayed to the shrewd, yet unassuming Barnes prior to being let loose on the park!..... Masterstroke!!!

Not one for flash or extravagance, 'Cool-hand' Barnes (IMHO, the most lethal player in the entire wobblies 22)...... flies so low beneath the radar, that one could almost be forgiven for not noticing him. He creates a great deal of go-forward momentum, wether he is running with ball in hand or unleashing one of his demoralising grubbers or chip kicks behind the opposition defensive line. (Fudge!! my ulcer's acting up again!!)

Have to add, that having played them several times during the 3N, the boks are aware of the dangers presented by the wobblies explosive backline, and would by now have devised a defensive counter-measure to negate their range. Barnes, however, is somewhat of an enigma....

On the flip side of the coin, one could almost understand why Deans is starting with Mccabe. Here is a man (Mccabe)with a huge chip on his shoulder, with everything to prove, after copping a fair (understatement!!) deal of criticism following the loss to the paddies.

The beauty of hindsight, is the abilty to do some introspection, and devise / apply some corrective measures. Couple this with copious amounts of video analysis and Mccabe might just disprove his detractors come gameday.

I think the wobs are set at 12........

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Spooky but If Australia beat SA and NZ beat Argentina we have a repeat of the 1987 Semifinalists. Let's just hope the results don't pan out similarly from there.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Spooky but If Australia beat SA and NZ beat Argentina we have a repeat of the 1987 Semifinalists. Let's just hope the results don't pan out similarly from there.

I was just thinking that today, whilst watching the England/France game. It should be a ray of hope for the All Blacks. Anything that they can link to 1987 would have to be a plus for them.

Fortunately, we'd still see different semi finals to that time round and (hopefully) different results.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Just noticed the foxsports ad for the game tomorrow. Apparently they are offering both Australian and Sith Ifrikan commentary feeds. You just need to press "red" on the remote to get it.

Hopefully it is just the supersport commentators and not full on afrikaans. Although both are probably better than our commentators.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Just noticed the foxsports ad for the game tomorrow. Apparently they are offering both Australian and Sith Ifrikan commentary feeds. You just need to press "red" on the remote to get it.

Hopefully it is just the supersport commentators and not full on afrikaans. Although both are probably better than our commentators.

If you like your commentary with absolutely no balance the South Africans can do that for no extra charge

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Weather in Wellington is looking good. Fine conditions - light winds. Yes, it could change but would rather it be this than wet hoping for a change later. The ground looked like it held up really well last night and I wouldn't describe that match as one that showed any ill-effects of this wet conditions during the week. Let's hope for nice calm dry night. 10 hours and counting - getting amped up for this one.

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
"There is far too much talk about good ball and bad ball. In my opinion, good ball is when you have possession and bad ball is when the opposition have it." Dick Jeeps (1976)

Amen

Oy. you copied my signature from another (to remain nameless) forum! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.