• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Quarter final 3 : Springbokke v. Wallabies CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
It's a beautiful day here in Wellington for those that were worried about rain. Only a breath of wind at the moment too. Should be a cracker of a match.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)

I'm finding whole thing quite funny, Courier Mail says Bryce admits mistakes, I heard Marto say other night POB had also said it, paper says POB didn't, noone else has seen or heard it, and Ben Alexander says he a good ref and you always know what he penalises you for. So who is lying?? I suspect Marto, who was also telling people IRB have said players are not allowed inspirational messages on their wrist bands. IRB has said they need to check what is written in bands re advertising nothing else.

G

GC

I'll probably listen to the Saffer commentary on Fox. Much better than ours.

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Bryce should STFU, why are these refs in the press for the wrong reasons, just get out there and ref, stop being so needy

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Did you read the article? Bryce wasn't quoted or interviewed by the press... It referred to a letter sent from Aus the IRB and their response.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Did you read the article? Bryce wasn't quoted or interviewed by the press... It referred to a letter sent from Aus the IRB and their response.

Agreed. Chwarae teg bois. This whole thing 'bout the refs is a beat up by the press. Sure they've made mistakes and there was stuff yesterday Joubert pinged us for in attacking rucks that baffled me but so far I reckon they've done ok at keeping the game flowing as best the laws allow. Much better than 2007

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There was one of the minnow games that had Gordon bray, a kiwi and a saffa calling it, best commentary I've heard in years, wish we could have a commentator from the opposition join the Aussies ala cricket coverage, would be great.

Justin Marshall is pretty good. Gordon could just cut down the indirect backgrounding, the taranaki pig farmer raises down the short side style calls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
It's a beautiful day here in Wellington for those that were worried about rain. Only a breath of wind at the moment too. Should be a cracker of a match.

Without wanting to put the mocker on our boys, it was a lovely sunny day in Marseille too.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Today we will see if we have learnt anything from that fateful day in Marseille .. So effing nervous.

I really wish I was in the stands and could shout to them just before kick off or the start of the 2nd half "Remember 07!"

I wonder how much it plays in the back of their heads. Vickerman, Sharpe, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Moore, Elsom should really be out to prove a point today.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Vickerman, Sharpe, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Moore, Elsom should really be out to prove a point today.

He may be the most important player for the Wallabies today. Moore is always a leader in tight play for the Wobs, getting stuck in at every opportunity and doing a lot of talking when the teams getting set for a set piece.

W

Waylon

I really wish I was in the stands and could shout to them just before kick off or the start of the 2nd half "Remember 07!"

I wonder how much it plays in the back of their heads. Vickerman, Sharpe, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Moore, Elsom should really be out to prove a point today.

Thankfully this year the irish put the camp on alert.
It may have been a blessing to dodge wales. They were good yesterday
The squad has come together well and is almost our best side bard a couple of debatable selections. I would feel happier with Ben Robinson at loosehead but his injury made that impossible. He was one of our big strengths.
It is great to see Pocock at 7
Hopefully the tricky tricksters have been rapped over the knuckles for dumb plays like chip kick in our twenty two and low percentage flick passes when a try is "on. The ethos "team first" has been tattoed on their foreskins so that while the backs are playing with theirs every night, their subconscious can sleep on it

W

Waylon

Moore has come a long way since the 07 QF when he was a rabbit in the headlights. Our forwards have improved a lot and we have good depth on the bench. I am surprised Higgers got knifed

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Probably the latest I'll be near a computer til after the game so I'll get in now.

Good luck boys, I think we can do it, and I really, really (understatement much) hope we do. The Boks as always will be veryy dangerous and I won't be that surprised if we go down. But I'll be supporting them with everything I've got and willing them on so that there is a next week.

Fuck I'm nervous

GO WALLABIES!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.