• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Quarter final 3 : Springbokke v. Wallabies CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

potjiekos

You don't have to suck ass, you need to make points without personal attacks. If you disagree, make an argument without that shit. Questioning the rationale of the coach does not mean anyone is fair-weather, it might mean they care about their national team being poorly represented.
Blind faith, call it what you will, can be a problem too.
Stick around, you'll see plenty of the locals aren't too thrilled with our coach either.

Point taken.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Potjiekos do have a point about Blou's love affair with Snor, its up and down now since his appointment as coach.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
If you look at that though, the sides Lawrence has reffed have all been strong forward sides that kept it very tight, which the Wallabies tend to struggle against. There's a pretty clear distinction there between the forward oriented sides (Italy, Ireland, SA) and the more expansive ones (Samoa, NZ). Even Russia are fairly forward oriented, as a lot of minnows tend to be.

The wallaby forwards got the better of the bok forwards in that game so not sure what you are saying is relevant. Also, just wondering if you watched the aus vs Russia game - there was definitely some lopsided refereeing there.

Not sure how true this is but marto on the rugby club tonight mentioned that the aru sent a letter about Lawrence to the irb in regards to the scrum penalties in the Ireland game. He says that the response they got back from the irb and Lawrence was that they admitted three of the penalties were incorrect. That is three out of six, so he basically penalized the wallabies twice as much as was warranted and apparently has now admit as much.

W

Waylon

Guthro>Beast in most facets of play.

Steenkamp was widely regarded as one of the best LH props in the world not too long ago before he got crocked. Getting back to form. Always better in the scrum than BEast.

Steenkamp is a fat body

The weak as p1ss wallaby props will be breathing easy after the beast was culled

W

Waylon

If ever there was a prize for the biggest aussie gatkruiper*, fair-weather bok'fan', then Blue, my ol' mate you'd win hands down.

Your disdain for PdV , and everything that he symbolises, is not only palpable, its downright tragic. (If you'd like, I could recommend a good psycho-therapist that could help you with your condition). You somehow have to find a way to include PdV in a discsussion about John Smit and BdP. Wow!! * aplause*

Btw, Im interested to know whether you were ever privy to this secret pact signed between Pdv and John Smit in 2007 or is this just another topic of discussion raised at your favourite watering hole, during one of your numerous rum-and-coke / mampoer induced states of innebriation?

Its apparent that you prescribe to the school of thought that PdV is merely a political appointment devoid of any coaching abilities ...a puppet of sorts (track record aside).... That when the team loses its all due to PdV's incompetence, but when they win, its all down to the numerous 'leaders' within the team that's responsible for their own coaching!

Blue , you have to unburden your heart, my friend and make peace with the fact that Heyneke Meyer was not appointed as the boks coach, PdV was and by 'kruiping gat' (ie. talking crap about the boks at every opportunity (refer to previous posts in this regard), impresses nobody on this site and only serves to exacerbate your weak and fragile condition. Accepting the staus quo and moving on would start the healing process! (lol)

Oh yes and btw ...... I am a die-hard, green-blooded, bok SUPPORTER..... I support everything about the boks, (in good and bad times!!) and the boks ARE my team.... and by implication, JOHN SMIT IS MY CAPTAIN! ....(my Captain Smitastic..... has a nice ring to it!!)

In response to your comment, I suggest you (1.)read my previous posts on this thread in this regard ; (2.) re-read my previous post on this thread in this regard; (3.) internalise it, contextualise it, committ it to memory and try to comprehend what I was trying to express. (4.) if you cant, then press skip and move on. *wink*

*gatkruip = suck-ass

Ps. No offence intended to my Aussie bretheren.:... Lol *wink*

Give yourself an uppercut

W

Waylon

Maybe no offense from your end, but I take issue with your post. Blue has been a long time poster, of value, and a passionate Bok fan. He is hardly the only one who has issues with Smit playing, and PdV.
I suggest you cut the personal crap out of your posts pretty damn quickly.

It wouldn't hurt you to take your own advice

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'm looking so forward to the two reserve hookers coming on, hoping it's at the same time, there both in form and thru just go at each other.

W

Waylon

I don't want Bryce reffing because he is SHITE! It does seem curious that he penalises the Wallabies twice as much as others. But I can accept it might be a small sample and skewed. But I can't accept him reffing in the knockouts. Of course, if the Wallabies managed to actually adapt to a ref...

he penalises the Aussie scrum because they are worse than ordinary

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
You see, the problem with being an ass on the interweb is that anonymity doesn't actually stop people from being assess.

Mods do.

See what I did there.

P

potjiekos

Word of thanks to the powers that be..... Love the potjie avatar!!

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
he penalises the Aussie scrum because they are worse than ordinary
Good post. If you know what a ref is like play him accordingly. Barnes is very lax on tackler rolling so when Wales played the saffers they stayed put and got away with it. Poite is a fucking lunatic. Lawrence takes exception to Aussie scrummaging which you are not very good at so get better! Don't blame the ref or worse of all lobby to get the fucking rules changed; if you want uncontested scrums there is a game for you at which I believe Australia are very good; the rest of the rugby world and I mean all of the rest of the rugby world want proper scrums so that rugby is a game for all shapes and sizes. Wanted to add my thanks for the avatar, is there a way I can make use of it?

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Good post. If you know what a ref is like play him accordingly. Barnes is very lax on tackler rolling so when Wales played the saffers they stayed put and got away with it. Poite is a fucking lunatic. Lawrence takes exception to Aussie scrummaging which you are not very good at so get better! Don't blame the ref or worse of all lobby to get the fucking rules changed; if you want uncontested scrums there is a game for you at which I believe Australia are very good; the rest of the rugby world and I mean all of the rest of the rugby world want proper scrums so that rugby is a game for all shapes and sizes.

Who is lobbying to get the rules changed?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I wish that were true. Bismarck is awesome in contact and his involvement has been stupendous. TPN looks well short of a gallop.

Yeah, I know. As an avid Tahs fan, ive seen TPN pull it out when he needs to, if both of them get on with 30 to go in full ability, it could be one of the greatest things ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.