• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Quarter final 3 : Springbokke v. Wallabies CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

potjiekos

How did I say anything remotely like 'pity the poor Samoans'? I was saying I have more respect for a team that gets its niggle in by going after the biggest forward, than I do for one that gets its niggle in by going after the smallest back. The Samoans went after some of the toughest players on the park, which is a better form of niggle than other things they could have done.

So in the context of this thread: I would rather see James Horwill punch Botha square in the face than see someone stamping on Morne Steyn.

Errr...duhhh!!

Well mate if you get turned on by big blokes punching each others lights out, then more power to ya!! To each his own, I suppose......
*wink*

To me a pile of crap, remains... a pile of crap, regardless of its colour, consistency, smell, fibre content or the orifice it was excreted from.

My meaty-bone of contention is with the tendency to heap 'one-eyed' scoops of double thick vanilla ice-cream on that CRAP when it belongs to a Samoan rugby player. (Refer to several threads / posts in this forum in the aftermath of Samoa's loss to the boks in this regard.) Sounds alot like double standards!!

Distinctly remember the good ol' days when Brian Lima and co. got away with dangerous head high / career ending tackles, with little more than a nudge and a wink, whilst players such as Schalk, Butch and Bakkies (.....in most instances...) were already cited before they even ran out onto the park!

Double standards, I tell ya!

P

potjiekos

My apologies..... drifted way off topic there! Nervous anticipation for the 'big game' getting the better of me....

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Errr...duhhh!!

Well mate if you get turned on by big blokes punching each others lights out, then more power to ya!! To each his own, I suppose......
*wink*

To me a pile of crap, remains... a pile of crap, regardless of its colour, consistency, smell, fibre content or the orifice it was excreted from.

My meaty-bone of contention is with the tendency to heap 'one-eyed' scoops of double thick vanilla ice-cream on that CRAP when it belongs to a Samoan rugby player. (Refer to several threads / posts in this forum in the aftermath of Samoa's loss to the boks in this regard.) Sounds alot like double standards!!

Distinctly remember the good ol' days when Brian Lima and co. got away with dangerous head high / career ending tackles, with little more than a nudge and a wink, whilst players such as Schalk, Butch and Bakkies (.....in most instances...) were already cited before they even ran out onto the park!

Double standards, I tell ya!
Samoans responsible for some fairly brutal hits but have never seen one of their big forwards trying to take a wingers eyes out with his fingers like Burger in 2009 with the ball miles away I would add. Got fuck all ban for it as well but I understand he is a christian so it couldn't have been deliberate!?!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
''Rain won't water down Wallabies''

''The youthful Wallabies say they won't abandon their signature attacking game under the added pressure of a World Cup eliminator in wet and windy Wellington.''

Hopefully the Wallabies stay strong for this important match!

http://www.bigpondsport.com/rain-wont-water-down-wallabies/tabid/91/newsid/78313/default.aspx

Is this intended to be a false leak, a double false leak or god help us true?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=21.282630,-157.827534

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
Agree found it quite strange when some posters blame Brussouw for not manning up against Williams but hats off to him, we'll have Bakkies back by the look of things, hope he'll keep his cool and play within the laws.

That wasn't about manning up. It was about taking a soccer like dive to milk a card.

Anyway, Boks have been named

South Africa: 15 Pat Lambie, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Jean de Villiers, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 Fourie du Preez, 8 Pierre Spies, 7 Schalk Burger, 6 Heinrich Brüssow, 5 Victor Matfield, 4 Danie Rossouw, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 John Smit (captain), 1 Gurthrö Steenkamp.
Replacements: 16 Bismarck du Plessis, 17 CJ van der Linde, 18 Willem Alberts, 19 Francois Louw, 20 Francois Hougaard, 21 Butch James, 22 Gio Aplon.

That's a really strong side. They'll miss Steyns 60m goal kicks but Morne isn't far behind.

Weather in Wellington has been wet since Sunday but is looking like it might start fining up from tomorrow. The ground should be soft but the game may actually be on a dry day.

Seems Bakkies tournament is over after he re-injured his Achilles.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Relieved to see Smit in the starting lineup as opposed to BDP. Would not be surprised if Habana and JPP are late scratchings though.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Relieved to see Smit in the starting lineup as opposed to BDP. Would not be surprised if Habana and JPP are late scratchings though.
Yes, although I think the Wobbs need to get ahead early for this reason given we can expect the boks to come home stringly, exactly the opposite of what occured in Durban. Getting ahead early will also help with Bryce me thinks.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Foxsports have the Boks going with a 14 man line up to run on against the wallabies. Should be helpful.

6215016025_4bdea55f79.jpg

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Nice to see the boys all looking after each other while on tour. Must make all the Mum's at home feel at ease. JOC (James O'Connor) looks like he is ready to tweet his latest epiphany.

http://www.shop-boom-boom.com/Boat/JOC (James O'Connor)%20Cell.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.