• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 QF1: Ireland v Wales (W Pool C v RU Pool D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rugby Nick

I live here. Stuck at a computer in work- Can't afford the airfare to get to wellington. Watching last week's game was a challenge to find a pub that showed it- even the mickers were dressed for Ire vs Ita but were watching NRL

was the same in auckland. Managed to find an oirish bar in the viaduct showing it on one small screen. After the game when Ireland vs Italy was on it was packed with irish chanting for the tv to be changed, they never did despite 90% of the bar watching the union. I can understand them being behind teh league but shewerely you react to your punters?

Ah well, just meant I didnt get the awful commentary for the George North! sponsored demolition of Fiji

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Had to switch gwlad off after that 'Warburton out' thread started - strangled the gnome and kicked him 50m down the road. He's back now, mind

Ewe do know what the Gnome did to ewer neighbour's cat was just a prelude to what he's going to do to ewe, yes? It's all kisses and cwtches now, but just ewe wait; soon as he starts getting into the pre-match 'Bow, he'll be bursting ewer balloon knot if ewe so much as wonder if Ireland might score any points.

Better brace ewerself for hot, hard Gnome-Love, Paaaaaaaaasty Boi; knows it.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I knows it. Am scared witless. aven't been this opimistic for years. Even 2005 and 2008 6N the gnome didnt get the nails out of the coffin I'd put him in until the last games.

2003 RWC vs Ireland was a classic of the gnome's revenge. re watched highlights today- absolute disaster

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
I knows it. Am scared witless. aven't been this opimistic for years. Even 2005 and 2008 6N the gnome didnt get the nails out of the coffin I'd put him in until the last games.

Ewe do know the Gnome is working on commission from the Mocker Gods, shewerly? I mean, I would have thought the history of Wales would shewerly have got that message through by now?

R

Rugby Nick

Tell me about it. I'm a nervous wreck already, Gnome has done a proper number on me

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
I live here. Stuck at a computer in work- Can't afford the airfare to get to wellington. Watching last week's game was a challenge to find a pub that showed it- even the mickers were dressed for Ire vs Ita but were watching NRL

Some advice here on rugby watching pubs.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/threads/9300-The-definitive-Rugby-Pub-Guide?p=295277&highlight=pubs+sydney#post295277

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/threads/9296-Sydney-Rugby-Pubs

In addition to this, Out my way, I can guarantee Easts Club in O'Sullivan Road, Rose Bay, and Randwick Club in Brook Street Coogee will have both games live and uninterrupted.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some advice here on rugby watching pubs.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/threads/9300-The-definitive-Rugby-Pub-Guide?p=295277&highlight=pubs+sydney#post295277

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/threads/9296-Sydney-Rugby-Pubs

In addition to this, Out my way, I can guarantee Easts Club in O'Sullivan Road, Rose Bay, and Randwick Club in Brook Street Coogee will have both games live and uninterrupted.

It's OK. Last weekend was the only problem cos of the NRL.

Glad to see we've still kept L'idiot under the radar as a secret weapon. All eyes fixed on 'Breadman' warburton. So far so good. Jest hope he's fit.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/15204508.stm

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
It's OK. Last weekend was the only problem cos of the NRL.

Glad to see we've still kept L'idiot under the radar as a secret weapon. All eyes fixed on 'Breadman' warburton. So far so good. Jest hope he's fit.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/15204508.stm
If you fellas win today you will deserve it, going to be like a home game for Ireland. If your boys deal with the atmosphere and win the game they have to be contenders for the whole tournament; l'idiot is not under the radar BTW, Fez is gonna get ya, Fez is gonna get ya!!! Best of luck to all 44 and here is hoping for no injuries!!!!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Injuries will be one issue s'true. The other will be if one of them (ROG or Philips for instance) goes nuts and gets themselves binned or worse. As for the crowd, not sure where our inside information comes from but won't be like last weekend for you. Remember welsh were always expecting to get into this QF. Whereas your lot will have been madly swapping tickets all week

Sun's up. this is it. Will have to go for a bike ride (despite the rain) to pass a few hours.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Injuries will be one issue s'true. The other will be if one of them (ROG or Philips for instance) goes nuts and gets themselves binned or worse. As for the crowd, not sure where our inside information comes from but won't be like last weekend for you. Remember welsh were always expecting to get into this QF. Whereas your lot will have been madly swapping tickets all week

Sun's up. this is it. Will have to go for a bike ride (despite the rain) to pass a few hours.
Don't cycle for too long, twill make ye sterile. All the best.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It's good we can keep most of the nut-job Celts in 1 thread. You guys are bonkers, but in a good way! Looking forward to this game. Given I'm about as Irish as I am Welsh I am divided. Heart says Wales, head says Ireland. Funny, I'm more Scottish and English, but I'd back both you lot any day of the week against England. As one should.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hope its a good game - 34 -32 to iLand!

On a plane at 7am so will only see first half. Fingers and toes crossed!!

21-9 to France. 17 - 11 to Australia. 28 - 9 to New Zealand.

Shit John, If that's the score it'll be the game of the century!

Careful on that plane mate. don't want two crash landings in a day

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's good we can keep most of the nut-job Celts in 1 thread. You guys are bonkers, but in a good way! Looking forward to this game. Given I'm about as Irish as I am Welsh I am divided. Heart says Wales, head says Ireland. Funny, I'm more Scottish and English, but I'd back both you lot any day of the week against England. As one should.

Almost cried when I read this on gwlad! I am not alone!!

t's bible-black outside, rain warmly taps the living room windows and I can smell coffee percolating in the kitchen. More coffee. My three year old daughter is painting a picture but looks up from paper and pens to say "shhh, why are you shouting dad?"

"Because we're winning! We're bloody winning! Against all of Samoa!"

I then realise I've been standing in front of the television for the whole match, slightly shaking from nervous energy and too much coffee. My wife and 17 month old son come in shortly after, still bleary eyed, the little one's wearing a Wales jersey. I pick him up and give both children a kiss. Wales have beaten all of Samoa. We are all in this crazy red team together.

These two children will grow up with this madness wrapped around them. They will think it normal. They won't understand why other people don't shout and scream first names at the television when Wales play.

This is how it starts.

For me, I remember weaving through Quay Street with my dad. I was about 5 or 6 and we were on our way to the National Stadium at Cardiff Arms Park in the 70s. I thought everyone in red was my uncle and I've never been the same since.

Wales by 6

B

BRIX

Christmas came early, and It's not only because of the Emerald & Scarlet jumpers. This is going to be an absolute treat (wrapped in an abrasive skirmish). Cymru by 6

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)

S'funny cyclo but win or lose today we'll come crashing down afterwards. Chances that the men of the west will defeat the orcs in Semis are v. slim. they are totally f@cking arrogant boring sh@ts but so difficult to score tries against

Status
Not open for further replies.