• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool B - Scotland, Romania, England, Georgia, Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Don't think it compared to Cooper's silliness at all. There was no weight in Coopers; it was at best careless and lacking any ability to hurt anyone, at worst deliberate and lacking any ability to hurt anyone. Lawes was reckless to the point of begging the question it was deliberate, and carried his full and not inconsiderable weight. 2 games seems about right to me for a reckless/dangerous play in a RWC game by a player who had a clean record.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He's probably lucky that Ledesma is tough as nails.

If it had been someone else he might have killed them and been suspended for the whole of the RWC.

R

Rev Spooner

Scotland v Georgia just started - what could be better than 2 psycho nations trying to smash each other.

R

Rev Spooner

Ended the most dour game of the tournament so far. 15-6 - no tries. Scotland didn't have their full strength team out there but their handling was poor (wet conditions though). Georgia were very one dimensional and the Scots got the better of their scrum as the game progressed.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Such a dull game. Scotland need to fix their shit up. If they cannot score a try after dominating every aspect of the match, Argentina and England will have a field day against them. The Lamont brothers and Max Evans were the only players who looked good on the attack.

For Georgia, wow. I know they were always going to play negative footy, but that was painful to watch. At least Romania was able to exicute it. The Georgia rucking was horrible. I suspect Romania will get over them. The only positive from a Georgian perspective would be their defence. Even though they got broken through alot, the scrammbled, and did extremely well to not conceed a try.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I can't see either Argentina or Scotland beating England; so the key match will be Scotland v. Argentina to see who goes through to the Q/Fs.

After seeing Scotland play Italy and Argentina play Wales recently you would have to lean towards Scotland, though you have to take into account that it was the first test for the Pumas playing in Europe, this year.

After watching scotland play today I would have to go with the argies

T

tranquility

If the Argies can get some troops backs, Contempomi especially, they will beat the Scots comfortably I would have thought. I love the argies, so much heart - it is one of the biggest disappointments of the cup that Hernandez could not get himself fit.

S

SwingLow

We should be able to win this group the only worry for me now is if it is raining and windy England games against Scotland could easily be decided by 3 points, if you look at our recent history in Edinburgh in those conditions it doesn't look good, we decide to play into their game playing field position, always safety first with us and then you ended up with those tight games where we contrive to throw it away.

2006 - 18-12 Scotland
2008 - 15-9 Scotland
2010 - 15-15 draw

There hasn't been a try scored in either of those 3 games but if its dry and good conditions we should beat them by 10-14 points, i see no problems in dispatching of Georgia and Romania, they were better than they used to be but if you can't beat these 2 nations comfortably you'd be aswell packing your bags, i would be looking for bonus points in both those games.

As i see it Argentina and Scotland could go either way, thats almost a 50/50.

I'll go for

1. England
2. Scotland
3. Argentina
4. Georgia
5. Romania

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
Such a dull game. Scotland need to fix their shit up. If they cannot score a try after dominating every aspect of the match, Argentina and England will have a field day against them. The Lamont brothers and Max Evans were the only players who looked good on the attack.

For Georgia, wow. I know they were always going to play negative footy, but that was painful to watch. At least Romania was able to exicute it. The Georgia rucking was horrible. I suspect Romania will get over them. The only positive from a Georgian perspective would be their defence. Even though they got broken through alot, the scrammbled, and did extremely well to not conceed a try.

Georgia haven't lost to Romania for ages. I can't see Romania beating them.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
What needs to happen for england to not make 1/4s?

Argentina two rack up bonus points vs romania and georgia, whilst Scotland beat England and lose to the Argies.

I really think Argentina can/will be Scotland. The Scots simply struggle to score tries with the possession they have. If they couldn't put Romania or Georgia away after dominating possession and territory, they will struggle against Argentina.

Status
Not open for further replies.