• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool B - Scotland, Romania, England, Georgia, Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not sure any of these teams will get past the QF's though. Very poor performances from Scotland and England and Argentina just seem to lack the killer instinct that SH sides have.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Not sure any of these teams will get past the QF's though. Very poor performances from Scotland and England and Argentina just seem to lack the killer instinct that SH sides have.

More like they lack the flyhalf without Hernandez. With even a 50% kicker they would have won that game. I was surprised at the weakness of the Argie scrum though.

If Arg. can beat scotland which I think is a real possibility they will go through. A big risk for England is getting injuries against some very aggressive and somewhat large piggies from Romania and Georgia.

D

daz

The Romanians did very, very well today. They will scare some teams.

You know that with a 9, 10, 11, 14 and 15 the same size as Matt Dunning, they do like a bit of smash and bash.....

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Scotland is not frightened to have a go. They should have done more of it but their forwards couldn't earn it.

Winger Evans is bloody quick and 12. Sean Lamont, who plays more in the midfield these days was one of the best centres in 6N this year. 13. Ansboro is an under-rated player and had trouble getting a game at Northampton but will star for London Irish after the RWC. Then there's scrummie Blair.

Their main troubles are that they don't get enough good quick ball to do something with it and they lack a real ball player at 10.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
The betting market on Georgia is firming by the day . I wanted to place a bet on them weeks ago where they probably would have paid 20+ to 1... their market opened at 10 to 1 after the romania game, and has firmed to 9.5 to 1 in the last 24 hours...

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Georgia v Scotland

Scotland had better watch out for the Georgia scrum because props 3 David Zirakashvili,1 David Khinchagishvili and 17 David Kubriashvili know what a scrum is all about.

Watch out for 7 Mamuka Gorgodze for Georgia, one of the outstanding backrowers of the Top14 competition last season. He can play 6,7,8 or lock but is a devastating ball runner on his day, fast and with a strong fend - and a big pain in the arse for opponents every day.

He has the nickname of Gorgodzilla and if you want to know why just ask Jonny Wilkinson. I saw him bounce off the Georgian playing for Toulon v. Montpellier last season. He was like a tennis ball and Gorgodzilla was the racquet.

There's gotta be a UTube of it.

D

daz

Gee, that put Wilkinson into the next millenium.

I know it is poor form to, you know, give positives about players in teams we hate in a RWC year, but I have always admired Wilkinson and not just for his kicking ability; he is a great defensive player and he doesn't shirk contact. Like as not, he just gets up and heads back into the fray.

His tackling technique is pretty good too, although you wouldn't know it from that clip!

All in all though, I hate him. :)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I gotta defend Lawes here, I fail to see how what he did had more intent that Cooper's. They should've both been suspended, intent or not - they were reckless.

But the WC couldn't have a star playmaker missing could it, who cares about a lock.

R

Rev Spooner

I can't believe he only got 2 weeks. He knocked the guy out ffs! Went in knees first at a gallop into a player's head who was lying on the ground. Bloody dangerous stuff.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
2 weeks? Then it means he only misses one game? as England has a bye this week...

And their next match is against Georgia.

Bit of a Clayton's suspension if you ask me...

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
He has to miss 2 England games.

With Georgia's reputation he might be thanking his lucky stars, he'll miss Gorgodzilla! People who are good at the cheap shot stuff don't usually like to do the hard tackling work in tight - reference Ali Williams and Quade Cooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.