• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool B - Scotland, Romania, England, Georgia, Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well done to Georgia, really liked watching them stick to their guns and have a real go. Only problem was they looked like another team when they got the ball in hand, was like they'd only trained to defend in the lead up.

Didn't think the game was that dour, and I love the contrast between that game and the Canada-Tonga game before it.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Georgia were awful and Scotland struggled to put them away. You'd have to tip the Argies on what we've seen so far.

V

vikingbrad

Pretty obvious that its the B in B Group stands for Boring.

Going to be a few more Penalty only games with this lot.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I hope the weather is good for the Romania vs Georgia game.

Otherwise the outside backs might need to keep their tracksuits on to stave off frostbite.

T

tranquility

The Argies fullback Amorosino is all class. Perhaps he is the next Argy prodigy?

Bosch the center looks good as well, it shows they have true depth. They are however short on play makers after Hernanadez, and Contepomi.

Great addition to SH rugby! Could become consistently one of the best teams in the world without a doubt with the increase in professionalism and exposure to high intensity rugger

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
No one watching this Eng v Georgia game? You should cause Georgia just went in! (still expecting England to win but hell yeah Georgia!).

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Georgia probably don't deserve to be down by 7, but definatly deserved that try at the end of the half. Englands discipline (again) is horrible.

If Georgia played like this against Scotland they would have beaten them, running with much more depth and intent. England will still win, but Georgia will stay in touch untill about 65minutes

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Just came to 1/2 time from watching Uni's surgically dissect Marlins in Shute Shield Semi.

Not a bad game, although Carter was NOT wearing a headband, guess that may be just be a GF thing.

What happens if the unthiinkable happens and the Poms lose? Does that put them on our side of the draw for QF/SF's?

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
These Georgians can do it.

I vaguely seem to recall Georgia vs Saffers at the SFS in RWC 2003. Everyone except the Saffer tourists and Bondi residents was barracking for the Georgians

The score then was lots to a few but the Georgians won plenty of respect for their approach.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I hope Scotland go into their game with England using some of the intent the Georgians have used in this game.

Edit: Admiring the Georgian go forward. England have got this but a great effort from Georgia. Not impressive from England but then again I said the same thing about Ireland...

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Knew it would end up blowing away, but once again, the minnow has shown the gap is closing. Georgia showed alot of promise

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't share the general Pom hatred that most Aussies have but why is it that I dislike the English rugby team with an almost primal passion?

Well done Georgia you made them look like the arrogant twunts they are.

How fucken good is that Georgian 7? Machine.

Reactions: #1?

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Fucking show off Ashton with your show pony dive for the try. That sort of display is best left in soccer.

The Georgians seem to have run out of puff. When they can retain focus and fitness for the full 80 minutes look out. No lack of passion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.