• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool B - Scotland, Romania, England, Georgia, Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Georgia = Respect.

Kaplan seemed to handle the game (the 1/2 I saw) OK. :fishing

Troll bait for the Kaplan haters.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
Lots of stats in Georgias Favour

Missed Tackles G=20, E = 6. Hard to win missing so many tackles, regardless of the possession, territory, 7+ phases stats being in your favour.

Consequently Poms scored 6 tries. History will record this as a big win to England. Cold facts on the scoreboard do not always tell the full story of the game.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not surprised by whats gone on between Eng v Rom. Watching mainly out of interest to see how Chris Ashton & Steve Thompson go as they are both in my fantasy team.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Same here, got Youngs, Moody and Foden from England and then two frontrowers from Romania...hope to have them score points from their two games in that round, second game being against Georgia!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Romanians should at least have plenty of points for tackles made.

EDIT: Marius "We play Rugby for happiness". Love that quote. Now I'm off, will be back for NZ v FRA, looking forward to it.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Felipe Contepomi is one of the toughest bastards around. The way he is running the ball and tackling is amazing. Credit to him, world-class player.

And we saw it with Ledesma against England and Fernandez-Lobbe tonight, they breed em tough in Argentina.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The argies are copping a few injuries already this game but they keep getting up, I thought their No.8 was slowing the game down but on replay he def had a good reason to be hurt his knee didnt look too good in that little exchange.

Edit: I think the Scots have looked good in the open though.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gawd, even if the Argies go through they are going to have some sore & battered bodies by the looks of how many of them are going down at the moment. Scot now level at 3-all.

Scots 6-3 now HT.

T

tranquility

Why is Amorosino not in the starting XV? They badly need some creativity to match all the guts, and toil of the forward pack.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hernandez at 10 would have made a huge difference to the Argie attack, they are going to be one to watch when he returns.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Agree. Argentina don't want to play rugby. I wanted them to progress, but having blown it again England by refusing to go for a try, and now look like stuffing it up against Scotland, I hope Scotland go through.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
15 minutes in the 2nd half and all we have is 2 missed field goals. You feel like slapping these teams, don't you? Do you want to be in the top tier or not? Then play!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
This is what I'm talking about. Penalty on the 40m - kick for touch, MAUL a try? No, kick for goal into the wind and rain and come away with nothing.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Droppie 9-6 Scotland.

By the way, did anyone else get fucked up by New Zealand starting daylight savings today? I missed the first half Fiji v Samoa, but didn't figure it out until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.