• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool A - NZ, Tonga, France, Japan, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think the denied try to France was very harsh also for mine the laws state once your tackled you can place the ball on or over the try line as long as its done immediately which he did.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
It actually looked like a try from the comfort of the Chaise Lounge here in Chez Jarse.

Tough but no tougher than the BS Yellow card to Tonga 11.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Last quarter of the game now.

Just checked the pool and unless Tonga win by more than 7 and score 4 tries, then Les Bleus are through to the QF stage, regardless.

Still, it is a Big Kev moment.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
At least Mr Walsh is consistent. Another BS Yellow Card none the less.

Morath kicks PK. Now Les Rouge 16 Les Bleu 9. 13 minutes to go.

Looks like it may be Tonga win, but to no real effect unless they can score 3 miracle tries.

Tonga 15 players, France 14 Players for next 10 minutes.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
If Tonga take the bonus points they take the second spot on the table.

But if (and this is a massive if) this happens and then Canada rolls NZ with a bonus point they leap frog both teams.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well the yellow card is excessive again there but the Walsh really has no option given his earlier card on the Tongans. Did the commenators just compare that tackle to the O'Driscol tackle? My lord they are well off with that assessment. Tonga convert penalty 16-9 they are in control.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't know why they aren't going for the tries unless they feel just beating France is a good enough achievement.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
WTF the Drop Kick. Must have known they had the advantage.

Morath penalty kick. Now Tonga (13 seed) 19 France (5 seed) 6. 8 minutes left.

Boil over on. Unfortunately not as tournament changing as the Spud Basher victory.

Tonga just butchered a certain try. FFS. Edge of the chair stuff. Allez Les Rouge!!!!!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I don't mind them going for the points, they haven't been able to convert their opportunities. Plus I think they will be estatic with the win, completely outplayed the French.

TONGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.