• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool A - NZ, Tonga, France, Japan, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Will be a brilliant win but they have certainly had the opportunity to get those 4 tries.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Bit surprised they didn't have the crack at 4 tries, but a huge game and result. France are pants. That side of the draw looks a handy one to be in.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Morath another PK missed. Time running down. 12 points left on the field from missed PK. Hang in there Tonga.

Frogs back to 15 players.

This will be a very special day for all Tongans everywhere if they can hang on for another 5.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Assuming the Tongans win (which I think they will) then this will give the Tongan fans something to cheer about & great for the players but on reflection if I was a Tongan player I'd be thinking later of 'if only we got over Canada...'.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You'd think France would get it out and score, rather than fuck around with resets. Well, I would.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I don't think you guys realise that the win will mean just as much for Tonga, after losing to Canada they probably don't deserve to qualify, but they have put in one of the best underdog performances and I can guarentee you that they will not care that they went for the points. If they didnt they could have lost this game.

Anyway you go for the win first then the bonus points.

Fuck yeh at Taumalolo when they packed the last scrum

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, that is just appalling stupidity from France. Gob-smacking idiocy in not clearing the ball earlier to try to win. Whatever cheese they are eating, I want none of it.
Awesome for Tonga; should have been a Pacific double after Samoa were reamed by Owens last night.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I don't think you guys realise that the win will mean just as much for Tonga, after losing to Canada they probably don't deserve to qualify, but they have put in one of the best underdog performances and I can guarentee you that they will not care that they went for the points. If they didnt they could have lost this game.

Anyway you go for the win first then the bonus points.

Fuck yeh at Taumalolo when they packed the last scrum

You're all assuming that the Darkness will win vs the Maples. :)

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Looks like we aren't the only ones that will have to try & win the RWC after losing a pool game. Far out the French have some issues to work out but well done Tonga!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well, that is just appalling stupidity from France. Gob-smacking idiocy in not clearing the ball earlier to try to win. Whatever cheese they are eating, I want none of it.
Awesome for Tonga; should have been a Pacific double after Samoa were reamed by Owens last night.

Cyclo, Shades of the Darknesses stupidity in Cardiff 2007, in not trying to put the ball in the open. 27 phases of 6 inch gains.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Great win Tonga! We've been trumped for biggest upset of the tournament now.

The way France played was scarily reminiscent of how we played against Samoa.

To quote Lance Free (and what I said to the family during the game): France are the Australia of the Northern Hemisphere

Status
Not open for further replies.