• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool A - NZ, Tonga, France, Japan, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay

Just 2 more games Mils.

Will he get that last one though? Surely Dagg is first choice at FB and Mils isn't a great bench option. Unless there's injuries and Dagg has to move to wing, Mils might be out of luck (unless we lose in the semi-final and he can play the 3/4 playoff). It's a huge call for Henry as Mils is one of his favourites, but everything is on the line in the knockouts and he's surely got to play his best 22.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Chicka Ferguson was famous for stubbing out his smoke as he ran out the tunnel to play for the Canberra Raiders.

I remember hearing that the great French rugby league player Puig Aubert once caught a ball at fullback with a cigarette in his hand.

Not sure that story can be proven, but he definitely was known to smoke on the field.

SaderCheif

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Will he get that last one though? Surely Dagg is first choice at FB and Mils isn't a great bench option. Unless there's injuries and Dagg has to move to wing, Mils might be out of luck (unless we lose in the semi-final and he can play the 3/4 playoff). It's a huge call for Henry as Mils is one of his favourites, but everything is on the line in the knockouts and he's surely got to play his best 22.

Yea agree I dont think Henry will risk him for the knockouts. Its a shame, Mils deserves to be a Centurion.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It's interesting that given how long we've been playing rugby, it's taken this long for an AB to get to 100 Tests.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In many ways, I think it shows the great depth NZ rugby has always had and the fact that you don't hang onto players well past their use by dates.

I don't think the fact that George Gregan played almost 140 tests was a good thing for Australian rugby.

J

Jay

In many ways, I think it shows the great depth NZ rugby has always had and the fact that you don't hang onto players well past their use by dates.

I don't think the fact that George Gregan played almost 140 tests was a good thing for Australian rugby.

Yeah, the only guy that got close was Fitzy, who would have got there if his knee hadn't given out on him.

And he only got close cause he played a ridiculous number of tests without a break (something like 65 consecutive). These days even a guy who's first choice gets stood down a fair bit.

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)

And IMHO about 30 of those were passed his use by date.

An awesome Wallaby thoroughly deserving of 100 caps and some, but the longer he stayed around, the more he it became obvious that he should have retired.

Neil Young got it right .... "Better to burn out than to rust away"

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
McCaw and Carter both injured.

Both out of Canada match.

McCaw - flare-up of existing foot injury
Carter - groin strain at last training.

Both might be precautionary, but as an AB fan, it's a worry.

J

Jay

Both out of Canada match.

McCaw - flare-up of existing foot injury
Carter - groin strain at last training.

Both might be precautionary, but as an AB fan, it's a worry.

I suspect the McCaw thing is precautionary, but the Carter one has me worried.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Les Frogge penalty 6 Tonga 3 25 minutes gone.

Tonga is really taking it to the Tricolours.

Can they hang on.

Aaaaaaaark Try to tonga #11 as I type. The cake tin has erupted.

Conversion Morath now Tonga 10 France 6 28 minutes gone.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
This could be bigger than the Spud Bashers vs The Men in Gold.

Can Tonga hold on?

Frogs looking ordinary.

Bullshit Yellow Card there Mr Walsh. Hope this does not become the game changing moment.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Hope it doesnt cost them. I thought he told the touchie he was giving a penalty unless he added more and the touchie said no. what changed his mind?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Carter out, well there goes my fantasy team but seriously I hope he's ok.

How about this game though!? Tonga are playing out of their skins, French look rattled.

What about the tackle on Clerc? I thought a yellow was rough, maybe a penalty at the most.

Very good game to watch as a neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.